Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500)

Do you think the "DANGERS" of eating fish are over-hyped?

How much fish do you eat per week?
    Last edited by Bare_Tonk; 01-23-2009 at 08:27 AM.

5-20-2017 NPC Optimum C Cronos1247's Avatar
    Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to eat roughly 7-10 cans of tuna a week.

I don't buy into the mercury poisoning or fish consumption being bad for you unless you live off the stuff, then MAYBE something might happen.
    MTS Nutrition Houston rep.
    "No BS, no hype. Just results."

Upcoming show NPC Optimum Classics: 5-20-2017

"I don't believe in following any one training style. I couldn't tell what DC or H.I.T. or FST-7 entail. I have no clue and really don't give a ****. I go to the gym to train hard. I don't need to follow a ****ing "program" to do that." - Evan Centopani

Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500) Bare_Tonk is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Cronos1247 View Post
    I used to eat roughly 7-10 cans of tuna a week.

I don't buy into the mercury poisoning or fish consumption being bad for you unless you live off the stuff, then MAYBE something might happen.
    Why did you stop?

Registered User OhioIsForLovers's Avatar
    OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    generally 1 can a day is considered safe. Its prob not great to be eating a ton(like 10cans a day), because then the mercury can build up and lead to serious problems but keeping it reasonable is fine.

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mercury builds up in your system over time. It's possible that you can be eating a **** ton of mercury, and not "feel" any ill effects... until it's too late...

I'd heed the FDA's warnings.
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000)
    if the FDA says its bad, it's real bad.

They're the most lax organization it amazes me, they let everything slip through and then they go and say don't eat almonds they're high in fat!

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ever hear of Mad Hatter Syndrome?

The term "mad as a hatter" will forever be linked to the madcap milliner in Lewis Carroll's classic children's book, Alice in Wonderland. But few actually know that the true origin of the saying relates to a disease peculiar to the hat making industry in the 1800s. A mercury solution was commonly used during the process of turning fur into felt, which caused the hatters to breathe in the fumes of this highly toxic metal, a situation exacerbated by the poor ventilation in most of the workshops. This led in turn to an accumulation of mercury in the workers' bodies, resulting in symptoms such as trembling (known as "hatters' shakes"), loss of coordination, slurred speech, loosening of teeth, memory loss, depression, irritability and anxiety -- "The Mad Hatter Syndrome." The phrase is still used today to describe the effects of mercury poisoning, albeit from other sources.

These days, we are infinitely more aware of the deadly toxicity of mercury exposure, yet mercury remains more common than one might think. Mercury can be found in our cars, homes, food, medicine cabinets -- even in our mouths. The biggest challenge with diagnosing heavy metal toxicity is its indolent, slow, smoldering effect that never lets the affected know that mercury is the root of the problem. Exposure to mercury begins in the womb, where the mother transfers mercury to the fetus through the placenta. Once the fetus is out of the uterus, there are many ways for mercury levels to begin to accumulate. Common items that mercury can be found in include:

Pesticides Paint pigments and solvents
    Fertilizers Cinnabar (used in jewelry)
    Amalgam (silver fillings) Laxatives
    Drinking water (tap and well) Cosmetics (mascara)
    Auto exhaust Floor waxes and polishes
    Felt Wood preservatives
    Plumbing (piping) Adhesives
    Bleached flour Batteries
    Processed foods Air conditioner filters
    Fabric Softeners Fish
    Calomel (talc, body powder

Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I choose not to believe it as it is more convient for me that way. (serious)
    My powerlifting and death/thrash metal log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141720221&p=843503391&posted=1#post843503391

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)

Effects

Clinical Symptoms of Mercury Toxicity
    Symptoms Characteristic of Chronic, Low-Dose Exposure
    Erethism (nervousness, irritability, mood instability, blushing)
    Tremor
    Personality change
    Suicidal tendency
    Paraesthesia
    Impaired hearing
    Speech disorders
    Visual disturbance
    Abnormal reflexes
    Disturbed gait
    Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums)

Impaired nerve conduction
    Renal damage
    Adverse outcome of pregnancy
    Infertility
    Pneumonitis (lung disease)
    Glioblastoma (brain cancer)
    Immune system dysfunction
    Symptoms Characteristic of Acute, High-Dose Exposure

Gastroenteritis (stomach upset)
    Mouth pain
    Abdominal pain
    Vomiting
    Excessive salivation
    Anuria (urine production stops)
    Uraemia (urine products appearing in the blood)
    Nephritis (kidney disease leading to kidney failure)
    Anorexia (lack of appetite)
    Ataxia (difficulty in moving)

In men, organic forms of mercury were found to cause hypospermia, a reduction in libido and impotence in some subjects. Evidence of minor genetic damage (aneuploidy) was found, thought to be caused by interference of the metal with thiol groups in the spindle apparatus of dividing cells. More recently, an adverse effect of mercury on sperm motility was reported and another report describes an increased rate of spontaneous abortion in women whose partners were occupationally exposed to mercury vapour.
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

5-20-2017 NPC Optimum C Cronos1247's Avatar
    Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cronos1247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bare_Tonk View Post
    Why did you stop?
    Got tired of it so I started cooking bulk chicken.
    MTS Nutrition Houston rep.
    "No BS, no hype. Just results."

Upcoming show NPC Optimum Classics: 5-20-2017

"I don't believe in following any one training style. I couldn't tell what DC or H.I.T. or FST-7 entail. I have no clue and really don't give a ****. I go to the gym to train hard. I don't need to follow a ****ing "program" to do that." - Evan Centopani

accumulates does it? wow lol those post are putting me off eating fish altogether.

Guess i'll just eat more high quality fish/flax oil and chicken instead. It's just as good I guess.

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

The dangers of eating mercury r well documented and guidelines have been established 4 how many cans of different types is safe, etc.

Personally, I've found it was easier just to substitute canned chicken breast in my diet. It tastes better, costs about the same was good-quality tuna, and no mercury.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    accumulates does it? wow lol those post are putting me off eating fish altogether.

Guess i'll just eat more high quality fish/flax oil and chicken instead. It's just as good I guess.
    Wow.. I'm shocked at how easy it is for people to be misinformed and persuaded to follow a ignorant belief in the section. Sad
    Your sig here.

Originally Posted by CodyA View Post
    Wow.. I'm shocked at how easy it is for people to be misinformed and persuaded to follow a ignorant belief in the section. Sad
    tbh There's so much info out there, Its hard to know what to believe but if you're serious about your health then it's hard to take serious risks like this.

One of the main reason why I lift is for overall good health, and I don't want to risk it any further by consumin harmful foods when I could easily obtain protein/EFAs from other sources.
    Last edited by Bare_Tonk; 01-23-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Originally Posted by skinnyboipgh View Post
    The dangers of eating mercury r well documented and guidelines have been established 4 how many cans of different types is safe, etc.

Personally, I've found it was easier just to substitute canned chicken breast in my diet. It tastes better, costs about the same was good-quality tuna, and no mercury.
    Oh, in that case chicken and EFA supps FTW!

Registered User OhioIsForLovers's Avatar
    OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OhioIsForLovers has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CodyA View Post
    If your arguing that mercury poisoning is not a danger than, Wow.. I'm shocked at how easy it is for people to be misinformed and persuaded to follow a ignorant belief in the section. Sad

CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OhioIsForLovers View Post
    If your arguing that mercury poisoning is not a danger than, Wow.. I'm shocked at how easy it is for people to be misinformed and persuaded to follow a ignorant belief in the section. Sad
    LOL little one..you miss understood what im saying.Let me clarify..yes i beleive that mercury poisoning is serious illness.He said he is considering to stop eating fish completely.Yeah thats sad.If you think eating 20 cans a week puts you in great odds of getting it. Then give me some scientific evidence to prove it. I just keep reading all this my brothers freinds sisters boyfreind got it from eating too much..
    Your sig here.

orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangechicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    honestly,better to be safe than sorry
    i still eat osme tuna but i subsituted a lot for sardines,salmon,etc

RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, I eat nothing but fish for my source of animal tissue.

Registered User lightningwatche's Avatar
    lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How much fish do you eat per week?
    Just eat low food chain fish. Eat mackerel instead of tuna. You can eat all the mackerel you want. just might give you gas if you eat more than a pound a day. It is cheap and tastes better than tuna, and the bones have the best form of calcium.

Registered User lightningwatche's Avatar
    lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RC2008 View Post
    Yes, I eat nothing but fish for my source of animal tissue.
    Same here. i might add chicken if it were canned at a good price.

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    3-4kgs.