Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000)

How bad are potato chips for you really?

I admit, I like to have some potato chips with my sandwiches at lunch (the thick cut kind). I know they are supposed to be bad for you, but when I read the nutrition label, nothing really jumps out at me as being horrible for you.

Its like 9g fat per serving, but only 1g saturated. Does that mean the rest is healthy fats?

I haven't started cutting yet, but I'm still trying to eat healthy. Do I need to boycott my chips from now on?

Thanks.

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Potato chips are 100% perfectly fine.

So Fly My Ash is Lined Up rainieravesouth's Avatar
    rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    this.
    - Rep "super stupid jeans" pics on sight

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very few things are inherently bad or good. It's all about portion control.

You can eat jelly beans and be perfectly fine. You just don't eat the whole bag.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    If you're trying to healthy like you say, drop the chips. Substitute with something more nutrient dense like fruit.

jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    if you gotta eat chips eat wholgrain organic low fat ones at least please, and dont try and make out theyre healthy, chips are not healthy they are a treat food.
    if youre not screaming youre not trying

hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    this

zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Very few things are inherently bad or good. It's all about portion control.

You can eat jelly beans and be perfectly fine. You just don't eat the whole bag.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
    if you gotta eat chips eat wholgrain organic low fat ones at least please, and dont try and make out theyre healthy, chips are not healthy they are a treat food.

ANYTHING is fine to eat in moderation. Eat up, but don't eat the whole bag of chips in one sitting.
    Last edited by zakhan; 01-23-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Disenfranchised is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by zakhan View Post
    ANYTHING is good in moderation.
    What's your definition of "good"?

KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you gotta eat chips eat wholgrain organic low fat ones at least please
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/cal...Xk9TGF5cw.html

I don't see anything wrong with those. Not wholegrain or organic.

And they don't taste like cardboard.

zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100) zakhan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Disenfranchised View Post
    read my edit.

KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000)

read my edit.
    It doesn't make it clear what your definition of "good" is.

rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rainieravesouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how about:

nothing should be off limits if moderation and self control is practiced?

haha

people like to take things so literally or find something to criticize....everything except the main idea trying to be conveyed.

jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jempalmer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    anything is good in moderation is a totally stupid theory, in that case heroine is good for you in moderation, stabbing yourself is good in moderation, murder is good in moderation, no correction anything in moderation is the biggest excuse in the world for not eating clean

oh and yeah i eat chips sometimes but dont kid myself they are good in moderation i make sure i do extra cardio and eat super healthy the next day

plus i dont find moderating the amount of chips i eat works only a whole treatfest satisfies me so i tend to keep away from treats

Originally Posted by rainieravesouth View Post
    how about:

haha
    There ya go. That's a better argument.

Originally Posted by rainieravesouth View Post
    how about:

haha

I love this part of your sig...

4) the Nutrition Section has a lot of problems. Paralysis by Analysis.

It's not uncommon on these forums.

Originally Posted by KJR246 View Post
    HAHA. Good one!

I love this part of your sig...

4) the Nutrition Section has a lot of problems. Paralysis by Analysis.

It's not uncommon on these forums.
    yeah man, it's gotten to the point where i take the misc section more seriously than the nutrition section. I can see how it's so hard for newbies to this forum to differentiate between what's decent advice and what's not

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/cal...Xk9TGF5cw.html

I don't see anything wrong with those. Not wholegrain or organic.

And they don't taste like cardboard.
    Lay's Potato Chips: Baked! Original has 110 calories, 1.5g of fat and 23.0g of carbs in each serving, 11 crisps (1 oz).

can i highlight the fact this is for a total of 11 chips, just 11 and that is 23g carbs in just 11 chips which u think is good, u mad?

these chips arent even going to contribute to satisfying hunger for 5 mins

anything is good in moderation is a totally stupid theory, in that case heroine is good for you in moderation, stabbing yourself is good in moderation, murder is good in moderation, no correction anything in moderation is the biggest excuse in the world for not eating clean
    You are well aware that we were all referring to food. Not other aspects of life. This is a rediculous argument.

oh and yeah i eat chips sometimes but dont kid myself they are good in moderation i make sure i do extra cardio and eat super healthy the next day
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=70778

hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what could possibly be wrong with something that has potatoes, oil and small amount of salt?

seriously.

what's the problem?

Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brodeur3o will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Weight?

Depends on what you are goign for, long advice from aman further than ourselves, big cover model for men's health stated...no one ever got fat from eating veggies and frutis and truning down potato chips...do with it what you will.
    E
    But I deny all this
    Cause pain was my bliss
    Get wasted on self destruct

It's all about
    The blood, the sweat, the tears
    Attribute to the strength
    Built through the years

Machine Head

Lay's Potato Chips: Baked! Original has 110 calories, 1.5g of fat and 23.0g of carbs in each serving, 11 crisps (1 oz).

can i highlight the fact this is for a total of 11 chips, just 11 and that is 23g carbs in just 11 chips which u think is good, u mad?

If you cannot practice moderation and self control when it comes to eating, do NOT eat them. Don't make your life too complicated, just sayin.

Am I mad. Lmao. No. I'm happy, because I can eat whatever I want in moderation and not have to do extra cardio to burn it of.

u mad?

Nope, but this will

plus i dont find moderating the amount of chips i eat works only a whole treatfest satisfies me so i tend to keep away from treats
    well now you're talking about extremes. why bring up something like that? heroine, stabbing, are you serious?

no disrespect, but just because you eat some chips one day and then eat super clean the next, dont you think that's a bad relationship with food? i mean thats how ED starts, trust me I know.

and who says you have to eat clean all the time? you look like you might be a pro or some sort of model, or someone who gets paid to look good, so that's ok for you. but to regular joes who are just trying to get in shape and lead healthier lives, who says they can't have 1 cookie or a few chips?

i think its all about self control and learning not to eat the entire package after 1 cookie. thats REAL self control. it means you can STOP YOURSELF in the presence of temptation. anyone can not have any junk in the house, that's easy. but when you do and you can say NO, i give props.
    Last edited by rainieravesouth; 01-23-2009 at 04:49 PM.

i suppose it depends on your goals, im cutting so cant waste calories, carbs and fat on things like chips

if you used to eat chips loads and used to be quite large i can see how chips are appealing to you and its good that you feel you can portion control but if you want to take your gains to the next level then one day you wll find yourself dropping the chips from the diet

but no they are not healthy and your body wont thank you for eating them, no processed foods are really healthy, especially things over processed like white bread, pasta, etc but then again neither is bodybuilding

and i said u mad because u cant argue that 11 chips for 23g carbs is great that why

and to the average joes yep if chips make you happy enjoy but the person posting was asking whats wrong with chips and i pointed out whats wrong, processed food, high carbs, usually high fat and salt

i didnt say dont ever eat chips said go for healthier ones which is good advice?
    Last edited by jempalmer; 01-23-2009 at 04:51 PM.

i'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how something that is made out of 2 ingredients that are considered 'bro-clean' is 'bad.'

Originally Posted by hooked4life View Post
    i'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how something that is made out of 2 ingredients that are considered 'bro-clean' is 'bad.'
    huh?

There's two sides to this.

There's the nutrition-section "anti bro science" zombies who go into every thread saying "everything is good for you in moderation, eat whatever the hell you want"

Then there's the people who strongly encourage others to eat more nutrient dense foods, ie healthier foods, better choices. Sure you can eat some potato chips, but are there better choices? Certainly.

Sure you can eat jelly beans, but are there better choices? Yes.

If you want to have a healthy overall diet, dropping potato chips would be an easy and reasonable sacrifice. Don't interpret what I just said in the wrong way. I'm not saying potato chips will automatically make you fat. Just consider other choices.