Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 44% bodyfat :(

abernier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

44% bodyfat :(

Hi everyone. I stumbled upon this site because I just joined the gym and received my first fitness assesment. I am 5'3" 200.lbs and 44% body fat. My heart is beating fast just typing it.. over the past 15 yrs I let myself go and now Im ready to get it back. My plan is weight training M,W,F and cardio six days a week. I went to the hotnfit site and I think Im supposed to eat around 1750 or so to lose. I have been reading this site all day and I think its great but my friend told me to accept the fact that I am over 40 and shouldnt raise my expectations too high. Is there any advice anyone is willing to share with me? If Im understanding my research correctly I should be eating 5-6 small meals a day, eating about 1gm of protein x my goal weight, drinking lots of water, cardio 6 days a week and weight training 3x. Do I understand correctly? The trainer at the gym set me up with the circuit for a total body workout 3xwk. She told me to do only one set and the weights dont seem heavy. Should I start off heavy or just get used to it first? thanks for your help.

liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I won't offer advice on your weight training because my knowledge doesn't even compare to some people on here, but I will tell you not to let your friend get to you ANYONE can become healthier if they have the mindset and are doing the right program.

liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PS- Can't remember who, but the hottest abs I've ever seen on a woman happen to belong to a 40 year old on here! Maybe you have some sexy muscles hiding under your extra weight!

-SBGYM- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by abernier View Post
    Hi everyone. I stumbled upon this site because I just joined the gym and received my first fitness assesment. I am 5'3" 200.lbs and 44% body fat. My heart is beating fast just typing it.. over the past 15 yrs I let myself go and now Im ready to get it back. My plan is weight training M,W,F and cardio six days a week. I went to the hotnfit site and I think Im supposed to eat around 1750 or so to lose. I have been reading this site all day and I think its great but my friend told me to accept the fact that I am over 40 and shouldnt raise my expectations too high. Is there any advice anyone is willing to share with me? If Im understanding my research correctly I should be eating 5-6 small meals a day, eating about 1gm of protein x my goal weight, drinking lots of water, cardio 6 days a week and weight training 3x. Do I understand correctly? The trainer at the gym set me up with the circuit for a total body workout 3xwk. She told me to do only one set and the weights dont seem heavy. Should I start off heavy or just get used to it first? thanks for your help.

Hmmm...is your friend overweight as well. Bottom line, most people become jealous and don't like to see others get ahead.....even close friends sometimes. Take what your friend said and use it for fuel during your workouts, everytime knowing that you can do anything when you believe, and when your heart is in it. That you will prove all those who doubted you wrong.

As for your program, it seems you have the basis covered. Since your just starting out, yeah get used to the weights and movements. Your diet is very important in all of this. If anything stay as consistant as possible with your diet. Dieting alone you can lose weight, but weight training and cardio multiply the weight/ fat loss even more by helping you burn more calories/ fat and maintain what muscle you have. I pray you have a good trainer and hopefully they are the type that want to really help you and not in it solely for the money.

Don't over do it, especially in the beginning. you don't want to get burned out to quickly from all the activity. CONSISTANCY IS KEY, if you fall off the horse with diet and training, get back on and don't badger yourself for it. Just keep the faith and keep going. Remember, health and fitness is a lifestyle not just a phase to lose weight. This is a new lifestyle for you and at times seem overwhelming in the beginning stages. Just don't forget that it took years to put on the weight/fat. It will take time, faith and patience to burn it all off and reach your goal.
    Last edited by -SBGYM-; 01-23-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    Its 2009....a new year....a new beginning, and time to unleash the internal beast that has been the thorn in my side and consuming my confidence and self esteem for years. I will use the internal surge of flaming anger and intensity to fuel every workout, wisdom in every meal and as a result...each day a part the beast will be destroyed.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Phfft. Over 40 women can look fantastic!

You've gotten a handle on what you need to do. Keep in mind the order is diet, diet, diet... lifting weights, HIIT, interval cardio, steady state cardio. As already said, start slow. Diet really is the key so you don't want to over do it at the gym and injure yourself or get discouraged from wearing yourself out. Build up to the full out workout you have in mind.

1750 may not be enough initially. If you're lifting 3x a week and doing a lot of cardio you may need closer to 2000. 1750 would be fine for just lifting. If after a month you're dropping more than 2 pounds a week, up the cals. You want your loss to be all fat and no muscle.

Good luck and welcome!

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think the trainer has you right to do a circuit with only one set on each...this is good for breaking your body in, but i would stay on this program no longer then a month...then its time to get a real routine.

As for cardio, 6 days a week is great, but you also have to be realistic if you wanna stick with it. you didnt get overweight by doing cardio 6 days a week, and honestly were probably not doing any (thats ok, most people dont)....but dont kill yourself, or you will never come back. slowly build yourself up...maybe start with 2 days a week, then 3 days, then 4..and so on...

baby steps is the key, if you wanna stick with it. Dont change your diet overnight, you will hate it, and you will fail. make slow changes if your just getting into this, pick something new every week..... start using splenda/stevia or whatever next week, instead of sugar... maybe switch to a light salad dressing instead of the full fat one... till one day you realize your eating great. Baby steps is the key....i

f you cheat, doesnt mean you fell off the horse, just means you need to get back on at the next meal, DONT go into the mindset "i ate a snickers, there goes the whole day, might as well have pizza to"

good luck with your quest, and yes it will take awhile, it will not happen overnight
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000) IronCamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Please don't let age be a deterrent. I can't believe your friend would make a comment like that. If you set your mind to it, you can do it!

You may want to check out the OV35 section to see how many over 40 women could prove your friend wrong!
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
    I will choose a path that's clear
    I will choose freewill

Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174190821&referrerid=1173311

dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think some of the hottest ladies on this site are over 40. All I can say is you can do it. Put your heart to doing it and you can do anything. Read the site take the advice and you will see the weight drop off. Take your time and do it right.

Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on deciding to make a change : )
    You seem pretty clued up on the most important points, although I would certainly try to up those weights some time soon, otherwise they won't be making much of a difference.
    It would probably be good to post your diet so the experts around here can give advice. Diet is super important, whatever your goal. To me 1750 sounds just a tad low at your weight, especially with all the cardio, but I cold well be wrong.
    Hope it all goes well!

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just keep in mind that you didn't gain it all overnight so don't expect to lose it fast. just keep working at it and don't give up. There will be rough patches when you don't see progress. Don't get discouraged and you will get there. Best of luck to you!

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome and good luck!

The key is to stay motivated. There will be times when you feel just stuck and then bam! the following week the weight will melt off. So, be consistent with diet and the exercise and it will all fall into place.

The body adapts over time, so mix it up every 6-8 weeks. Either extra weight (if you can ), different exercises - add new ones, add 5 minutes to cardio or whatever. My first 'mix up' was to add elipitcal to my after gym work out. I started out barely being able to do 5 minutes, even overweight, I thought I had endurance. I can now go 30 -40 minutes on it.

Best wishes for your successs!
    The Watchmen
    Rorschach: "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

'The timid civilized world has found nothing with which to oppose the onslaught of a sudden revival of barefaced barbarity, other than concessions and smiles.'
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) furiana has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by liang View Post
    PS- Can't remember who, but the hottest abs I've ever seen on a woman happen to belong to a 40 year old on here! Maybe you have some sexy muscles hiding under your extra weight!
    x4! Lots of the 40+ women on here look better than the 20-somethings I see at school. Such shapes! Funny how weight lifting does that to ya

ETA: Uh, I guess that doesn't answer any of your questions. How about a little extra encouragement?

You'll look and feel better EVERY STEP OF THE WAY! Even when you're barely halfway to your first mini goal! Just imagine how you'll feel once you get several goals under your belt. By the time you approach your Big Goal - be it a size, or a measurement, or a weight - you'll have looked good for a very long time!

(Or, in other words:

Ra, ra, shish-boom-ba
    Yaaaaaaay, abernier!)
    Last edited by furiana; 01-23-2009 at 10:21 PM.

IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I started trying to lose weight I was pushing 40% bf. And I started things REALLY slow. I didn't plug any numbers into a calculator I focused solely on getting into the gym only for 1/2 three times a week to start out with and quit eating out so much (but my diet was absolutely TERRIBLE!). Honestly anymore than that right at the start would have been too much and I probably would have given up. I lost 10 lbs the first month just by doing this but again I don't know what your current diet is like.
    Later I kept increasing my time at the gym and tried to identify more foods to stay away from on a day to day basis and add healthier less calorie dense foods so as I lost weight I reduced my calorie intake. As more time passed (and more weight lost) I began to plateau a bit so I changed my workout routine, even cheated on my diet for a few days (yes you can cheat from time to time) to get my metabolism going.
    I didn't count one calorie (since I ate so horribly I was probably eating around 3000 or 4000 a day!) until I reached about 150 lbs as I was getting closer to my goal weight.
    The key is to start SLOWLY! Don't expect to workout so much in the beginning (especially if you aren't used to it). Start slow with the diet and exercise then you are more likely to make it a HABIT. You probably don't want to lose the weight just to gain it all back right?
    If you fall off track (which probably will happen at some point) you need to learn that it's not the end of the world so don't beat yourself up for it just get right back on track and you'll be fine. I know you probably want the weight off really bad (I know I did) but you must be patient-- that is key. It took me 10 months to lose 50 lbs. You don't want to lose anymore than 2lbs per week.
    And don't let your friend talk you out of this or tell you it's impossible because of your age. There are 40 year olds out there who have probably had a few kids who look better than I do!

Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

I think if you're starting from nothing (you don't do much activity now, right?) you should try a more low-key routine the first week, and see how you feel, and adjust it from there.

You'll be more motivated to continue if you feel good and feel you have made progress (at changing your lifestyle, not so much changing your body at first) at the end of your first week -- I'm wondering whether you might end up just exhausted and overly sore trying make so many changes in your activity level all at once.

What you eat is important... beyond the # of calories or grams of protein. What foods were you eating before, and what specific changes are you planning to make there?

Big congrats on deciding to make changes, there is a lot of motivation and experience to be found on these boards, so keep reading!
    Last edited by Rann; 01-24-2009 at 08:59 AM.

SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuzMax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congratulations on your new journey!!! And as for your friend's comment...I think that since you're over 40 you should raise your expectations even higher.

You have been given a lot of great advice here so I won't repeat it all other than to say don't give up if you cheat once in awhile. We all do it and I, personally, think it's necessary (for me anyway). Come here for support. That's what we're all here for...to support each other, to learn from each other, to motivate each other. You can do this. Many others before you have done the very same thing! We can't wait to see your progress!
    You get out of it what you put into it.

Registered User MusclestotheMax's Avatar
    MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclestotheMax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have no advice to offer just encouragement. We all have to start somewhere and I started somewhere between ummm never gonna happen and yeah never gonna do it. But with a little encouragement and focus I've made some changes so, I am sure if you stick to it and just try you will do alright and that is at any age. Good luck!

~Maxine
    DO NOT FEED THE BEAST......I am cutting fat ;-)

I just want to say that you guys are awesome. Im so excited. For the first time I actually believe I can do it this time. Its like on the biggest loser when Bob told Joelle to just shut the eff and do it. Im working hard on my diet. I bought a lot of yams, chicken, veggies, fish, eggs, oatmeal, greek yogurt, cottage cheese (although now im told i should hold off on the dairy) Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I will let you know how Im progressing and maybe one day even post a pic. Right now I dont let anyone near me with a camera.

javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100) javyn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Just thought I'd chime in and say your friend is full of ****. Weightlifting (exercising in general) can greatly benefit anyone, male or female, age 18 or 80. It doesn't matter.

There are lots of people out there who have been overweight their entire lives only to lose it all in their 40s and look and feel better than they have ever in their entire lives.

All you need is will and iron, and you are set. Great job taking the first step, which is the hardest. Now get ready to sweat and be sore, and begin a wonderful journey towards the body you want. Kudos to you!

Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rann will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SuzMax View Post
    And as for your friend's comment...I think that since you're over 40 you should raise your expectations even higher.
    I like that attitude!

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The great thing about being over 40 is that you know what you have to do and are prepared to do the work.

One thing I'd suggest, is that you make a point of eating REAL food and not get waylaid by the low-fat junk food out there. Base your diet on whole eggs, oily fish, steak and chicken, lots and lots and lots of green veg, some olive oil, nuts and seeds, fruit and wholegrain. No sugar or processed food. Women have a very bad habit of eating less fat than they need, then having to fight your body's efforts to get you to eat the essential fat it needs.

I'd also suggest that rather than worrying about eating a specific number of meals or calories a day, you make a point of eating good food, but only when you are hungry. If you are not hungry, don't eat until you are. Eat slowly, enjoy the food, and stop as soon as you are not hungry. Getting in touch with your natural hunger is one of the best things you can do for yourself. If you know you can eat when you are hungry, you won't stress about food.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) halogenic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey good luck, don't worry about age. There's lots of people over 40 making good progress. Make sure you take some 'before' photos, so you can track your progress.

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just want to say that you guys are awesome. Im so excited. For the first time I actually believe I can do it this time. Its like on the biggest loser when Bob told Joelle to just shut the eff and do it. Im working hard on my diet. I bought a lot of yams, chicken, veggies, fish, eggs, oatmeal, greek yogurt, cottage cheese (although now im told i should hold off on the dairy) Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I will let you know how Im progressing and maybe one day even post a pic. Right now I dont let anyone near me with a camera.
    Congrats on Good food choices! diet is key, that's the one thing that will trip you up. Lifting is great - good energy and inspiring when your devleop some lean muscle. It took me 4 months to develop my shoulders - no one else can see them - but I do when working them

The weight will not always drop on the scale - it can be very frustrating - so definitly measure yourself - the have the how tos at bodyspace. Best wishes on your new journey!
    The Watchmen
    Rorschach: "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

'The timid civilized world has found nothing with which to oppose the onslaught of a sudden revival of barefaced barbarity, other than concessions and smiles.'
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't know why I didn't think of it, but I was 40 when, after a lifetime of being fat, I lost a load of weight and kept it off.

Ok, losing weight won't make you 20 again, but you can be a damn hot 40 year old!
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Update

I had a fitness assesment on Saturday and now Im 34.5% bodyfat.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congratulations!

Even if you don't upload them, take some pics along the way so you can see your progress. Most of us find that really helps motivation to keep going - and keeping going is the most important thing! Better a half-arsed workout and diet that you stick to than the perfect one you quit after a month!

Your friend is wrong about us oldies. Just check the male and female pic threads in the over 35 forums here.

If I may say so, from your picture you have a very pretty face. I hope you'll get the results, and more importantly the confidence, you deserve.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fantastic!! This must mean that you've really seen some inches lost and are looking for new clothes. Congrats!!!

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great progress!!! Congrats, keep up the good work

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's awesome girl!!!! keep it up!!!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10) FencingGal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's awesome girl - way to go!!

MuscleMama76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MuscleMama76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome!! Keep at it Girl!!!! Show 'em you can do it!!!!