PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Need to involve hamstrings more in deads

Vid below

Ive got really long arms, so i tend to use my back mainly when pulling

my ass is really high when i start, because i find it hard to have my arms fully extended if i have it lower - is it just a matter of trying to sit back more?

i dont think its because of an imbalance, my hamstrings are one of my stronger points, which is why i want to utilize them

(vid is 405-420ish - 182.5kg on the bar, but all plates are about .7-1kg heavier. Regardless, its about 55lbs short of my max)

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110608191

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ? victorious" - Vince Lombardi

JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayHardGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pretty good form but to use your legs more drop your butt down a little and lift that whole first half with your legs then bring your back up. So after you touch the bar to your chin in the beginning try going lower maybe that will help
    Last edited by JayHardGainz; 01-23-2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spell check
    Its Human Nature To Take The Easy Way Out
    But There Is No Substitute For Hard Work-
    Id Rather Sweat In The Gym Than Bleed In a Fight!

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Walk up to bar.

Put it over mid-foot.

Bend at waist ONLY... take grip.

Incline knees until they touch the bar... do not move hips from this position.

Chest up, big breath... pull it up your leg.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks guys, i will definately try and focus on my setup more, i usually just grip and rip, and dont put any thought into it

but now im going heavier, for safety purposes, its not great to lift the majority of the weight with my back, and it probably limits what i can lift too

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ? victorious" - Vince Lombardi

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PumpinPaddy View Post
    but now im going heavier, for safety purposes, its not great to lift the majority of the weight with my back, and it probably limits what i can lift too
    Set up the way described above and your bodies natural anthropometry will be expressed.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you need lower hips and a more vertical back than you really do.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    Set up the way described above and your bodies natural anthropometry will be expressed.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you need lower hips and a more vertical back than you really do.
    OK, im pretty sure i understand, im going to watch your vid on deadlifting now just to make sure

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sumo's rape my hamstrings just sayin'