Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Liver enzymes post exercise can look akin to acute liver failure. Given that this is bb.com, this is the most likely explanation.

flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BigDaveo11 View Post
    I have the same problem, although mine were really high, upwards of 170. It came up after my physical when i got my blood drawn, thought it was just from drinking and partying for a few days before i got tested. Told the doc all the supplements I was taking (NO shotgun). Went off any supps for a month or so, numbers went way back down almost to normal. Wanted to test again to see if it was really the supplements that were causing it. Went through a cycle of NO shotgun and NO synthesize, got tested again after finishing both, numbers were way off the charts again close to 200, doc said to stop supps immediatly, that the numbers were way severe and could result in early death. Obviously this was serious so I stopped all supplements for good, takes at least 6 months for liver levels to go way back to normal, been off for about a month now, going in soon to get tested again. Doc didn't know much about supplements, but i also had elevated nitrogen levels in my blood (makes sense from the NO products)
    if your doctor was so concerned why diddnt he just to a simple ulta-sound to see if there are any real problems?, or at least do some blood work to check for hepatitis instead of having you go back time and time again

flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flex 2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BigDaveo11 View Post
    Of course this is all different from person to person, but I wouldn't call it THAT rare, three people on this thread experienced it, solely from creatine and NO, i was taking solely NO shotgun and NO synthesize, had the same problem, with very severe liver damage, not just a slight rise in numbers, but WAY above normal the doc stated in a letter to my house "if you were to continue at this rate with these numbers it would result in early death" So as stated earlier, discontinued use and numbers went way back down, no prior health problems or mega dosing of vitamins, just don't see what else it could be, it HAS to be the creatine and NO, never took excess amounts, always took the recommended dosage, i like the post earlier about being "aware" but I was "aware" and now must stop the use of any creatine or NO products, forever, which is no big deal, saves me %, did enjoy the pumps but proper nutrition is the most important obviously, everyone else who reads this should make sure they are "aware" as well, get checked it can't hurt, only help.

wow your doctor based that off a blood test showing high liver enzymes..to determine liver disease you have to either do a biopsy or an ultra sound which he did neither...go to another doctor! It seems like your enzymes were high due to training..high liver enzymes dont ALWAYS mean liver disease!!

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by flex 2006 View Post
    wow your doctor based that off a blood test showing high liver enzymes..to determine liver disease you have to either do a biopsy or an ultra sound which he did neither...go to another doctor! It seems like your enzymes were high due to training..high liver enzymes dont ALWAYS mean liver disease!!
    If his liver enzymes went up with supplement usage, then back down after stopping usage, it's not an unreasonable conclusion.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    If his liver enzymes went up with supplement usage, then back down after stopping usage, it's not an unreasonable conclusion.

Perhaps the supplements raised his liver enzymes but if their isnt any damage to the liver itself then he's fine...liver enzymes after a night of drinking are through the roof!! does that mean that the liver is seriously damaged? I dont think so...again high enzymes don't always mean that the liver is damaged!! Without an ultra sound the doctor is just guessing!

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by flex 2006 View Post
    Perhaps the supplements raised his liver enzymes but if their isnt any damage to the liver itself then he's fine...liver enzymes after a night of drinking are through the roof!! does that mean that the liver is seriously damaged? I dont think so...again high enzymes don't always mean that the liver is damaged!! Without an ultra sound the doctor is just guessing!
    An ultrasound probably isn't going to show anything. You can have AST/ALT in the tens of thousands have a normal ultrasound.

AST/ALT are markers of liver injury. Their elevation alone is enough to warrant a change in behavior (depending on the degree of elevation of course).
    No sir, I don't like it.

reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50) reefpicker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    I agree, but it seems a bit odd. Other more complex explanations not withstanding (i.e. interference b/w test and supplements, unexplained and undiagnosed disease that just happened to go away just in time), it is also possible that this individual was working out harder when under supplements (due to psychological factors, not biological) and if he/she was under more inflamation, then, who knows, maybe this trigger the elevated enzymes???????

The stuff NO explode has (is it arginine?) would not harm the liver anyway.

Creatine would also not harm the liver, would it? how?

Kidney and creatine are another story. Same thing with kidney and excessive workouts.

Like someone said, the time b/w workout and test would have had to be constant, as well as workout intensity to be comparable (i.e. before and after supplements).
    Dr. ReefPicker (PhD)
    -Not a Dr. in Nutrition or any other Human Biology Field-
    Fish Scientist / Computer Geek / Gymaholic
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Ovolactate Pescaterian and scientist.

patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000) patkoch is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sim882 View Post
    My creatine was unbranded but was from myopure

The thing is I have lots of health issues. I have new daily persistent headache (a form of chronic daily headache, which leaves me constantly fatigued, dizzy, and of course in pain). I started getting issues when I started taking leucine last year, but they didn't go when I ditched the leucine. The leucine was from bulk nutrients. I have several kilos of it left, but won't allow anyone to touch it lol because I do wonder whether it was contaminated.

But the pins and needles only went when I ditched the creatine and no-explode.
    Sounds extremely similiar to the symptoms I had when I got lymes disease, a tick infection. I dont know if that is common in Australia but I have also noticed from some of your posts that you have become a bit obsessive about your health, which happened to me as well. Dont want to give you something else to worry about but if you have gotten bitten with a tick that you can remember you may want to get it checked out.