ReginaGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some help with sugar intake

Hi all,

I'm new to this website and just started the 12 week daily video trainer. What an awesome program!!

I have a couple of questions about sugar intake. I understand that if there are 10 grams of sugar per 100 grams of whatever the food is, I shouldn't eat it. What about for millilitres? I buy a lot of low fat curry sauces to make stir-fries. Most sauces have their nutrition info in millilitres.

I was also wondering about fruit juices. I tend to drink a lot of natural juices to help me reach my daily requirements of fruits and veggies. They tend to be very high in sugar. Are these ok, or should I cut out juice and stick to water?

Thanks for the help!

PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10) PirateFace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're cutting, fruit juices are something to watch out for. The actual fruits have more nutrients (generally) for a lot less calories. I used to drink a huge glass of OJ every day and ignore it because they were "natural" sugars, but it doesn't work that way. Calories are calories. Most of what you drink should be water.

I'm not familiar with food labels in volume, but check the serving size to see how much sugar (and calories) are present in the amount that you'll be using at a time, and make your judgments based on that. In the end, what's important is that your total calorie intake for the day is less than the total calories you burn off.
    negged for hating on pop tarts