Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry So frustrated I can't seem to get this right

Hey guys I'll just jump right into things. Im eating roughly 3000 calories working out 5 days a week for about an hour and maybe a little. I can't seem to gain weight but the thing is I'm getting body fat around my chest area it seems almost every day. Recently I bumped up my calories from 2500 to 3000 on workout days, and have seen strength and improvment but still can't seem to gain any weight but when I look at myself in the mirror, I am starting to see fat build up. Im eating over 250 g of protein a day, around 80 grams a fat a day and around 100+ carbs. Is it that i'm not working out hard enough? I do cardio every other day for 15 minutes, maybe I should bump that up?

Im just really confused and don't no where to continue with this.. thanks in advanced guys, im hoping for some pretty sweet responses to help me out here im confizzled to the max.

borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump!!! please guys, getting pretty pissed and depressed bc of this fat gain

P.S. Would I have better luck bulking slowly and doing cardio, or just bulking to a certain weight than cut for 2 weeks or something like that?

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by borcic0 View Post
    Hey guys I'll just jump right into things. Im eating roughly 3000 calories working out 5 days a week for about an hour and maybe a little. I can't seem to gain weight but the thing is I'm getting body fat around my chest area it seems almost every day. Recently I bumped up my calories from 2500 to 3000 on workout days, and have seen strength and improvment but still can't seem to gain any weight but when I look at myself in the mirror, I am starting to see fat build up. Im eating over 250 g of protein a day, around 80 grams a fat a day and around 100+ carbs. Is it that i'm not working out hard enough? I do cardio every other day for 15 minutes, maybe I should bump that up?

Im just really confused and don't no where to continue with this.. thanks in advanced guys, im hoping for some pretty sweet responses to help me out here im confizzled to the max.
    I'm in the same boat.

I've upped my calories to 3,000, I'm taking in about 200g of protein, who knows how many carbs and low amount of fat (but still get healthy fats).

I've noticed that I'm seeing more fat, but I'm just accepting that this is part of a bulk. When I cut I know the extra weight will come off a lot easier due to the extra muscle mass.

Don't be worried. Just think how you'll look when you cut. That's what is keeping me from going crazy with the extra weight I'm seeing. No one else can notice it, but then I see myself in the mirror daily. Perhaps you hit a stuck point with your muscles? Have you tried upping your weights?

yeah i've latley been trying to go hard and heavy, but what I noticed is that i completly stopped my interval training like supersets and stuff so I can have enough energy to get bigger/ more mass. Should I just continue with the bulk? It just sucks to see the extra fat.. and since i never shed fat/cut before, do you just take away 250-500 calories away from your norm?

Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000) Djin is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah i've latley been trying to go hard and heavy, but what I noticed is that i completly stopped my interval training like supersets and stuff so I can have enough energy to get bigger/ more mass. Should I just continue with the bulk? It just sucks to see the extra fat.. and since i never shed fat/cut before, do you just take away 250-500 calories away from your norm?
    What does your post work out meal look like? Are you eating enough to fuel you through your work out?

Have you tried mixing up the work out? One day work one side at a time, next work both, then do super sets, etc.

When I lost 70lbs to start my journey, I went to the extreme and ate 1,500 calories... that was foolish. When you cut, you would usually would drop about 500 calories and keep the protein high to keep the muscle mass you've gained, while losing fat.

Have you checked what your BMR is?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa64.htm

Read it, figure it out, understand it, don't bull**** yourself... fill the blanks in at the bottom.

KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Patience.

It took me 7 months to get from 130 to 145 and that's still small.

I can see fat gain, but it doesn't really matter to me. As long as you are progressing and getting stronger then keep going. You shouldn't be seeing too much fat with 3000. That's what I eat with minimal fat gains.

Originally Posted by KJR246 View Post
    Patience.

It took me 7 months to get from 130 to 145 and that's still small.

I can see fat gain, but it doesn't really matter to me. As long as you are progressing and getting stronger then keep going. You shouldn't be seeing too much fat with 3000. That's what I eat with minimal fat gains.
    Took me 6 months to get from 175lbs to 192lb... perhaps a little less because I did weigh myself mid afternoon and haven't gone the bathroom...

RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RC2008 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How intense are your workouts? Are you completely spent at the end? Do you rep to absolute, bone shattering failure?

I train pretty hard, i only spend one hour in the gym, but when I workout, i pretty much use all my power and might..

This is regarding my BMR.. It says on the calcultor 2650. So how much should I be adding to that?

imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're probably just retaining water/bloat. Train like a demon and eat like a horse and you'll be fine.
    Food quality does not change the laws of thermodynamics. Provided you consume adequate protein, EFAs, fiber, and vitamins and minerals you can eat whatever you want.

The only difference between a 'clean' and a 'dirty' food is how much of it you eat.

The Glycemic Index is meaningless unless you eat carbs alone in a fasted state. As soon as you add fat, protein, or fiber to a meal or have eaten in the previous 4-6 hours the GI is irrelevant.

GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000) GoutDeMiel is just really nice. (+1000)
    it sounds as if you're doing everything right. you're probably gaining fat AND muscle and it looks like pure fat because there's fat over it. i truly think that when you cut you'll see a difference. don't think into it too much IMO

you'd be a genetic freak if it was pure fat that you were gaining - you're doing everything correctly (that is as long as you're truly doing what you say )
    domari nolo

Originally Posted by Djin View Post
    What does your post work out meal look like? Are you eating enough to fuel you through your work out?

Have you tried mixing up the work out? One day work one side at a time, next work both, then do super sets, etc.

When I lost 70lbs to start my journey, I went to the extreme and ate 1,500 calories... that was foolish. When you cut, you would usually would drop about 500 calories and keep the protein high to keep the muscle mass you've gained, while losing fat.

Have you checked what your BMR is?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa64.htm

Read it, figure it out, understand it, don't bull**** yourself... fill the blanks in at the bottom.

My preworkout consists of alot of carbs, protein and little fat.. its around 650 calories, one of my bigger meals throughout the day, and post workout is roughly the same.. And my BMR said 2650.. so since im bulking, or trying to get more muscle mass, how much calories should I be adding to that?

Originally Posted by imccarthy View Post
    You're probably just retaining water/bloat. Train like a demon and eat like a horse and you'll be fine.
    I do tend to eat alot of sodium.. cottage cheese and deli meats are my main sources of protein.

tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your calories seem about right. anywhere from 3000-3300 calories for your bulking. that is if your 166 lbs. personally i eat 3500 calories a day atm for my bulk and im 157 lbs but my metabolism is prob diff than yours
    "Amateurs work until they get it right, pros work until they can't get it wrong."

"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."

Originally Posted by tsaiwins View Post
    your calories seem about right. anywhere from 3000-3300 calories for your bulking. that is if your 166 lbs. personally i eat 3500 calories a day atm for my bulk and im 157 lbs but my metabolism is prob diff than yours
    yeah im pretty sure my metabolism is brutal, i need to get my thyroid checked cause whenever I eat 300 above maintnance, my body just seems to turn it into fat i hate it.. another question.. once my weight goes up, do I calculate my new BMR? or should i just add calories freely? I want to make sure im doing this right.

My preworkout consists of alot of carbs, protein and little fat.. its around 650 calories, one of my bigger meals throughout the day, and post workout is roughly the same.. And my BMR said 2650.. so since im bulking, or trying to get more muscle mass, how much calories should I be adding to that?
    I concur with others, about 3,000 or a little more is about right.

I do tend to eat alot of sodium.. cottage cheese and deli meats are my main sources of protein.
    Eek!!!

I bet if you cut the deli meat out and ate chicken, you'll see a big difference...

KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000) KJR246 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Took me 6 months to get from 175lbs to 192lb... perhaps a little less because I did weigh myself mid afternoon and haven't gone the bathroom...
    I also could never get my **** straight with calories and working out. So it took a long ass time.

I just now started a legit bulk.

what about the cottage cheese? for one serving its like 22% of your daily sodium intake.. and yeah im gonna try and take out the deli meats from now on, I think its doing me no good, but of course its just cheap protein.

I concur with others, about 3,000 or a little more is about right.

Eek!!!

I bet if you cut the deli meat out and ate chicken, you'll see a big difference...
    Alright Djin you've been helping me out alot, i appreciate it , first im gonna take out the deli meats, and try to reduce my sodium, and try to workout real intense.. so if i still dont gain any weight, should i just add a few hundred calories?

what about the cottage cheese? for one serving its like 22% of your daily sodium intake.. and yeah im gonna try and take out the deli meats from now on, I think its doing me no good, but of course its just cheap protein.
    I personally use non-fat Greek yogurt for a good supply of protein (when I have the money, ****'s super expensive here).

I buy Chobani Greek Yogurt (the pink one, or non-fat)

I love it.

tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10) tsaiwins is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sodium is not a bad thing. i wouldnt try reducing it from your diet.. sodium is good for body builders, unless your going to be in a show soon
    "Amateurs work until they get it right, pros work until they can't get it wrong."

"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."

Alright Djin you've been helping me out alot, i appreciate it , first im gonna take out the deli meats, and try to reduce my sodium, and try to workout real intense.. so if i still dont gain any weight, should i just add a few hundred calories?
    Don't work yourself to failure all the time. Some days, I'll do moderate weight and work on form. You always want form > weight.

If you're not doing the excercise correctly, you could hurt yourself or slow down progression.

Also if you lower carbs you can help with the excess water... but if you want to bulk, you do need carbs as well as protein.

I would change your diet, and adjust your work out routine... also with more gains and size, you will (over time) have to adjust your caloric intake to adjust with the new gains.

Don't work yourself to failure all the time. Some days, I'll do moderate weight and work on form. You always want form > weight.

If you're not doing the excercise correctly, you could hurt yourself or slow down progression.

Also if you lower carbs you can help with the excess water... but if you want to bulk, you do need carbs as well as protein.

I would change your diet, and adjust your work out routine... also with more gains and size, you will (over time) have to adjust your caloric intake to adjust with the new gains.
    alright thanks alot!! I still try to avoid sugars, so things like yogurt and stuff I tend to avoid, though its a good source of protein and carbs.. and also.. this is a little off topic but deals with the fat kinda look.. My chest is underdeveloped though I still can do somewhat good weight, my lower chest is lacking alot. I do bench press, flies, pushups, peckdeck but still I cant get my lower chest to grow or to look any better. Any ideas how I can change this? I try my best to use form but is there any technique you guys use to help develop a more better looking chest?

weighted dips leaning slightly forward. answer to all your lower chest problems

alright thanks alot!! I still try to avoid sugars, so things like yogurt and stuff I tend to avoid, though its a good source of protein and carbs.. and also.. this is a little off topic but deals with the fat kinda look.. My chest is underdeveloped though I still can do somewhat good weight, my lower chest is lacking alot. I do bench press, flies, pushups, peckdeck but still I cant get my lower chest to grow or to look any better. Any ideas how I can change this? I try my best to use form but is there any technique you guys use to help develop a more better looking chest?
    Enjoy yogurt, it won't kill you.

Do some dips or declined dumb bell...

Originally Posted by tsaiwins View Post
    weighted dips leaning slightly forward. answer to all your lower chest problems
    I wish I could do dips, accept I dont have any type of dip machine or dip bar in my gym.. I only have two benches, but those are dips for your triceps unless it can be done with your chest..

I wish I could do dips, accept I dont have any type of dip machine or dip bar in my gym.. I only have two benches, but those are dips for your triceps unless it can be done with your chest..
    It works your lower chest too. This is why I work my CHEST & TRICEPS together. They work together.

Do they have chairs. Put a couple 45's on each chair and there you go.

makes sense.. whenever I do dips for some reason I hurts my shoulders/delts ..Is it because im to far from the other bench? Too close? Are your hands supposed to be close together? spread far apart?