TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50)

finishing up my third week on base mesocycle (smolov)

wish me luck fellas.... my body is completely fatigued but in some wierd way I feel like every time I squat I get a little stronger

my first set with the weight is hard and then the next one is easy and then after that it's not linear. It's very strange, some sets are way easier than others with no rhyme or reason.

smolov has improved my form vastly. Having great form has helped me tremendously. Before smolov putting heavy weight on the bar was a little scary for me because I didn't really know what would happen. Now I feel like I can just "sit back" and relax with the weight and then explode up.

my vertical has improved already, I threw a dunk down the other day with sore legs and all. I'm extremely excited to see what my vert will be like after a week of rest.

I don't want to make any bold predicitions but I could easily see my squat going up 50 lbs from just this three weeks. 225 used to feel heavy to me. Now it feels heavy on my shoulders but mentally I know that I can rep it out with no problem. 225 for 10x3 was difficult but only towards the only end.

Can't wait to post results of base mesocycle

Cliffs:

Entering third week of smolov base mesocycle
    Extremely tiring, I sleep a lot
    Feel way stronger already, threw down a dunk
    Will post new 1rm

qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thats awesome, i too have just completed the base mesocycle and noticed that squatting has just became easier. I Also notice that i really dont get sore any more, i mean i can feel my legs arent 100% the day after a 10x3 but its a different type of soreness

TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by qdiddy69 View Post
    thats awesome, i too have just completed the base mesocycle and noticed that squatting has just became easier. I Also notice that i really dont get sore any more, i mean i can feel my legs arent 100% the day after a 10x3 but its a different type of soreness
    i totally know what you mean about the different type of soreness. You're legs are fatigued but yea you don't get the doms.

DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000)
    what you guys are reporting is very normal in volume based- high frequency squat routines.

You're motor units are becoming more familiar with the moves, and as you warm up during each session, it gets easier as well.

Just be careful of smolov. It will sneak up on you.

Great work. Keep it up.

Originally Posted by DJSTARER View Post

Just be careful of smolov. It will sneak up on you.
    care to elaborate?

DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000) DJSTARER is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TonyHoliday View Post
    care to elaborate?
    smolov is what it is because it keeps the lifter on at a very fine balance between over and under training. You can feel very good one week, but want to die the next. Are you continuing into the prep and peak?

Originally Posted by DJSTARER View Post
    smolov is what it is because it keeps the lifter on at a very fine balance between over and under training. You can feel very good one week, but want to die the next. Are you continuing into the prep and peak?
    see... I don't know if I'm going to do the peak but I'm going to do the intense mesocycle. I train for athleticisim so I don't need to "peak" at a specific point ya know?

but yea do you have experience with smolov? any tips? what were your results?