SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A stopwatch/monitor or something you can set to beep every 10 seconds?

This is an odd question, but is there such a thing as something that you can set to beep every 10 seconds in repeating fashion? I want to do timed sets, but don't want to have to stare at a stopwatch at the same time. And like everyone else I like to listen to music while exercising, but if I have to count the seconds myself I can't enjoy the music as much.

So I'm looking for some tool that will just make a quick noise every 10 seconds, allowing me to keep time easily.

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I believe Gym Boss does this.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    If you work out at home:

http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

This will come close to what you want for free.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    I believe Gym Boss does this.
    And you are correct. I have one, and love it for timed sets, intervals, etc.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    If you work out at home:

http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

This will come close to what you want for free.
    man, you're full of cool links. thanks!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's an awesome idea. Personally I would LOVE one for doing HIITS.

I recently bought a used Polar F11, which is a heartbeat monitor that uses a strap that goes across your chest. It came in the mail with dead batteries, which I recently sent out for order.

I'm really hoping it has that capability, because looking at your watch counting intervals sucks. Worst case scenario, I'll write an iPhone App that does it for me.

edit: Just to give you folks an idea. This watch retails for $175. I got it off ebay for ~$50! I strongly encourage buying one off of there.
    Last edited by mehdi84; 01-20-2009 at 07:58 AM.
    Because if it were easy, I wouldn't be interested.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    man, you're full of cool links. thanks!
    Nothing like a sexy computer voice telling to when you are fried and allowed to stop.

Also nothing like that same bitchy wench telling you to go again on your eighth set either! LOL
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirTristan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great, thanks.

That online voice is pretty cool, but I'll think I'll get that Gym Boss.

Will1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Will1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeh, I was looking for one of these recently, I'm hoping I can use it for interval sprint/run training and in the future if I do circuit training/kettlebells type thing. I've got it on order from eBay for ?14.

Specs look good