Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

500lb squat vid.

Let me know what you guys think. I know I should probly be going deeper but I dont have the greatest knees and the further I go down the more it hurts them. Any suggestions? My strength is still going up and so is size so I think I must be doing something right. Im open to all suggestions and comments. Thanks guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLdQ-BxEoWw
    24 male 5'9" 220lbs

freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have to admit, before I even opened the video I was skeptical. You're only 180lbs, and you say that you probably should be going deeper. Then I actually opened the video, and saw the mirrors, the cheap power rack and the Nike lifting belt, and thought I might be right. It looks like you train in a night club.

It was worse than I thought. That's not even a half-squat. It's not a squat at all. It's a knee bend. It's terrible.

Try putting 135lbs on the bar and going to parallel. Work your way up from there. You won't end up anywhere near 500lbs, at least not soon, but you'll be better off. I'd be willing to bet that your knees aren't that bad off...it's just that if you tried going to parallel with 500lbs on your back you'd fold like a newspaper...because you're just not strong enough. It's not your knees. It's YOU.
    Last edited by freeride88; 01-19-2009 at 10:16 PM.
    APT Sponsored Strongman

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    ****ing awful.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) S_man_9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by freeride88 View Post
    I have to admit, before I even opened the video I was skeptical. You're only 180lbs, and you say that you probably should be going deeper. Then I actually opened the video, and saw the mirrors, the cheap power rack and the Nike lifting belt, and thought I might be right. It looks like you train in a night club.

It was worse than I thought. That's not even a half-squat. It's not a squat at all. It's a knee bend. It's terrible.

Try putting 135lbs on the bar and going to parallel. Work your way up from there. You won't end up anywhere near 500lbs, at least not soon, but you'll be better off. I'd be willing to bet that your knees aren't that bad off...it's just that if you tried going to parallel with 500lbs on your back you'd fold like a newspaper...because you're just not strong enough. It's not your knees. It's YOU.
    Ok....I havent updated my sig is a long time. Im hanging around 220 now. Ill try to work with lower weight and focus on form. My knees just kill when bending that far.....even without weight. I played soccer for 8 years and basketball for 6. I appreciate your somewhat conductive criticism.
    24 male 5'9" 220lbs

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by S_man_9 View Post
    Ok....I havent updated my sig is a long time. Im hanging around 220 now. Ill try to work with lower weight and focus on form. My knees just kill when bending that far.....even without weight. I played soccer for 8 years and basketball for 6. I appreciate your somewhat conductive criticism.
    your knees hurt b/c you have no idea how to squat.

do a search, I've explained it more than a few times.

Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lmfao.

Oh god, sorry dude... if I was here before freeride I would have told you to delete this.
    美國海軍陸戰隊 E5, USMC 06'-14'
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦
    *Misc Photography Crew*

“In order for man to succeed in life, God provided him with two means, education and physical activity. Not separately, one for the soul and the other for the body, but for the two together. With these two means, man can attain perfection.” - Plato

Originally Posted by Reps n Sets View Post
    lmfao.

Oh god, sorry dude... if I was here before freeride I would have told you to delete this.
    too late, becky's gonna do a 1/8th squat with 500 next week.

xnametheric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnametheric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xnametheric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your knees hurt because you aren't squatting properly. Keep in mind that when people criticize you in this section it's not because they think you're stupid, or because they don't like you, it's because you're severely limiting yourself when you train this way.

There are a bunch of stickies in the main section that can explain how to perform a squat correctly. Your knees will actually feel great if you do real squats.

based on the OP's posting history this is gonna fall on deaf ears and he probably won't even log in for another three months or so; but here goes anyways. (Oh and idiot kid, awesome job parroting me)

how to squat like a Powerlifter:

when you set up under the bar, rotate your elbows under the bar, get your chest up, your head and traps driving backwards into the bar, this will arch your lower back.

after you walk out your FIRST MOVEMENT needs to be pushing your hips/ass backwards! BACK. nothing goes down first. BACK! hips backwards. Do I need to say it again?

then when you reach the limit of your flexibility you need to push your knees out and start dropping. keep your knees pushed out the whole lift, and spread the floor with your feet. everything is BACK and OUT.

then when you hit depth, reverse yourself, your knees will want to come in, keep pushing them out because that keeps your hips under the bar and in the most efficient bar path. this will enable you to transfer power correctly.

Appreciate some of the comments. Is everyone on here normally such a**holes?
    24 male 5'9" 220lbs

Appreciate some of the comments. Is everyone on here normally such a**holes?
    well, personally I find it highly offensive that you claim a 500lb squat based off of that video.

those of us who actually squat 500lbs or more have worked our asses off do so, and its very very insulting that you would say that you have a 500lb squat when you most obviously do not.

Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    well, personally I find it highly offensive that you claim a 500lb squat based off of that video.

those of us who actually squat 500lbs or more have worked our asses off do so, and its very very insulting that you would say that you have a 500lb squat when you most obviously do not.
    Exactly.

PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

but if he goes down further, he might hurt his knees...
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110608191

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ? victorious" - Vince Lombardi

juicdta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juicdta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juicdta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juicdta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juicdta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juicdta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juicdta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juicdta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juicdta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was the one spotting him and while he said he could go a little further but keep in mind guys this was his 2nd time doing this weight. while i don't think this should be in here as we don't try and be powerlifters. the comments about the crappy rack is kinda lame sorry we don't have an east bank barbell club here or anything. and yes it was at a nightclub axis radius to be exact. i'm actually shocked you could not see the go-go dancers in the reflection of the mirrors. i am all for constructive criticism but why be rude about it.
    "train like a freak"

Originally Posted by juicdta View Post
    i was the one spotting him and while he said he could go a little further but keep in mind guys this was his 2nd time doing this weight. while i don't think this should be in here as we don't try and be powerlifters. the comments about the crappy rack is kinda lame sorry we don't have an east bank barbell club here or anything. and yes it was at a nightclub axis radius to be exact. i'm actually shocked you could not see the go-go dancers in the reflection of the mirrors. i am all for constructive criticism but why be rude about it.

because no matter what, that was not a 500lb squat. "a little further" is a gross understatement.

none of the other stuff matters, but it does fit a pattern.

bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulk09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Let me know what you guys think. I know I should probly be going deeper but I dont have the greatest knees and the further I go down the more it hurts them. Any suggestions? My strength is still going up and so is size so I think I must be doing something right. Im open to all suggestions and comments. Thanks guys.

your real max is prolly 300 ish

freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by juicdta View Post
    ...but keep in mind guys this was his 2nd time doing this weight..
    It should be the last.

The other comments were a joke, but I wouldn't take it well either if I thought I was a 500lbs squatter and posted a video to find out I was likely over 200lbs off. My condolences.
    APT Sponsored Strongman

KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000) KineticWall is just really nice. (+1000)
    the 5 inches he was missing(atleast) is the hardest part of the squat!

Im glad you care so much. Seems like you would rather talk **** online then actually concentrate on yourself. I rarely come on here, you know why? Cuz I have a life and dont sit my fat ass in front of a computer all day long.
    You're talking trash to an elite-level powerlifter. He posts videos of his training with world-class lifters. You post one video of a quarter-squat with 500lbs.

You lose.

PS: Don't trash other folks about their weight when you're light yourself...and weak to boot. Welcome to the red, population -2000.
    APT Sponsored Strongman

soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you might be able to reach a true 500 lb squat in time, just as some have suggestion, try lowering the weight and using knee wraps.

I had many problems squatting properly in the past.

Form is everything. Start by trying to stare straight up at the ceiling and then you can work on your technique from there. I'm confident that if you keep at it, you will get close.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

I owe reps to:yabbayabba, Hosum, ayekay, Nail_Adam, thetruth21, noshot, SpiderSense

On spread:

Originally Posted by soulsultan View Post
    I think you might be able to reach a true 500 lb squat in time, just as some have suggestion, try lowering the weight and using knee wraps.

I had many problems squatting properly in the past.

Form is everything. Start by trying to stare straight up at the ceiling and then you can work on your technique from there. I'm confident that if you keep at it, you will get close.
    ...no.

staring straight up at the ceiling hyperextends your neck and places the bar in a bad position on your back.

knee wraps will not help form any.

proper head position in a squat is neutral or looking slightly down at a spot on the floor about 6-8 feet in front of you, but you do need to drive the upper back up and back into the bar, i focus on pushing my traps back into the bar its a verbal and mental cue that works for me.

the OP needs to decide whether he wants to do an OLY style squat or a powerlifting style squat and then learn the proper technique for one or the other. what he's trying to do is a hybrid of both and its going to end up hurting him and will always prevent him from reaching depth.

there are excellent primers available on both. i posted a rather brusque but effective and proper writeup on powerlifting squat technique.

the OP has chosen to respond to criticism by ignoring said writeup, which is fine, he can choose to continue doing the lift with improper subpar technique.

soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000) soulsultan is just really nice. (+1000)
    ...no.

staring straight up at the ceiling hyperextends your neck and places the bar in a bad position on your back.

knee wraps will not help form any.

proper head position in a squat is neutral or looking slightly down at a spot on the floor about 6-8 feet in front of you, but you do need to drive the upper back up and back into the bar, i focus on pushing my traps back into the bar its a verbal and mental cue that works for me.

the OP needs to decide whether he wants to do an OLY style squat or a powerlifting style squat and then learn the proper technique for one or the other. what he's trying to do is a hybrid of both and its going to end up hurting him and will always prevent him from reaching depth.

there are excellent primers available on both. i posted a rather brusque but effective and proper writeup on powerlifting squat technique.

the OP has chosen to respond to criticism by ignoring said writeup, which is fine, he can choose to continue doing the lift with improper subpar technique.
    Hmmm... I'll have to do some research on your write ups and reexamine my current squat technique then.

I'll search through your threads to read up on what you have mentioned here and see if it improves upon my own.

Thanks for the info.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

I owe reps to:yabbayabba, Hosum, ayekay, Nail_Adam, thetruth21, noshot, SpiderSense

On spread:

db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xnametheric View Post
    I'm not a teen if you haven't noticed already. I guess you're not smart enough to realize that, though. Not my problem, either way.
    Your age was listed as 15 before you removed it
    SFW

Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hatmanii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    While Isaku900 can come off as an ass at times, the man knows what he is effing talking about. He's strong as an ox, knows how to lift properly and safely, and is willing to help others do so when they ask. Respect.

To the OP. That was no where near a squat. You went down maybe 4 inches? Drop the ego, and break parallel like everyone who doesn't have ****s for brains does.

Originally Posted by xnametheric View Post
    I'm not a teen if you haven't noticed already. I guess you're not smart enough to realize that, though. Not my problem, either way.
    I've never seen you post before, and although there's an option to put your age under your name, you don't have it. How exactly would I have "noticed" that you're not a teenager? It's certainly not because of your intelligent posts.

And don't stare up at the ceiling. That's as bad as quarter-squatting.
    APT Sponsored Strongman

gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gunzandwheelz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Nice squat, looks like you had a lot more in the tank. Forget what everyone else has said. Just keep on doing what you are doing and you will be putting up world class numbers in no time. Do you have any bench videos you could share?

7% bodyfat here I come Mike Zero's Avatar
    Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree with gunzandwheelz. That was good squatting. Keep positive and don't start listening to all the haters in this thread, they're just jealous and trying to bring you down. Depth looked alright you don't want to go too low or you'll hurt your knees. Keep up the mighty fine work!

squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squat220 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mike Zero View Post
    I agree with gunzandwheelz. That was good squatting. Keep positive and don't start listening to all the haters in this thread, they're just jealous and trying to bring you down. Depth looked alright you don't want to go too low or you'll hurt your knees. Keep up the mighty fine work!
    oh lulz
    Proudly Sponsored/Representing Gator Pit S and C

"Strap on your co*k, leave your pus*y at home, put a bar on your back, and bend your knees"
    Capt. Kirk Karwoski

Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadliftking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wtf is this crap?

Poser Beater Manlet Eater bigbeezy's Avatar
    bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000) bigbeezy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    tha **** was that? i just got off work, i am tired, but did he only go down about 3"?

OP, less weight brah, but i like your style, heavy!! just gotta get that form down first, settin yourself up for injury brah