Registered User SearMeCarefully's Avatar
    SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face Eating clean and results???

Please pardon if this has been asked 39457 times before, and I did a basic search and didn't see any in the first couple of pages...

But I've been (mostly) eating clean for awhile now and am frustrated with the lack of results.. I don't see anything really. I aim for about 1700 calories (thanks to everyone that assisted me with that sucker a couple months ago) so I don't think it's that.. I just.. don't know.

How long does it take for you to start seeing changes? It seems like a lot of people see changes around a month.. I've been going about two months. I'm not perfect but very rarely go over my daily calorie needs of ~2300 (rare=once a month?).
    I mean sometimes I fight to get to 1700-1800 so I doubt it's because I'm stuffing myself

I have noticed with all the added protein I've taken in my lifts have gone up more quickly so that's awesome - but doesn't help that much when I look in the mirror you now?

So in short:
    -Not seeing any changes in my body
    -How long before you noticed changes in your body when eating clean?
    -I'm not 100% perfect, but never really go over my calories so wtf?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SearMeCarefully View Post
    Please pardon if this has been asked 39457 times before, and I did a basic search and didn't see any in the first couple of pages...

But I've been (mostly) eating clean for awhile now and am frustrated with the lack of results.. I don't see anything really. I aim for about 1700 calories (thanks to everyone that assisted me with that sucker a couple months ago) so I don't think it's that.. I just.. don't know.

How long does it take for you to start seeing changes? It seems like a lot of people see changes around a month.. I've been going about two months. I'm not perfect but very rarely go over my daily calorie needs of ~2300 (rare=once a month?).
    I mean sometimes I fight to get to 1700-1800 so I doubt it's because I'm stuffing myself

I have noticed with all the added protein I've taken in my lifts have gone up more quickly so that's awesome - but doesn't help that much when I look in the mirror you now?

So in short:
    -Not seeing any changes in my body
    -How long before you noticed changes in your body when eating clean?
    -I'm not 100% perfect, but never really go over my calories so wtf?
    I'm confused you say you fight to get 1700 to 1800 calories in...so are you not getting the calories in?

You need a solid 1800 calories a day...so if you're not getting to those numbers then this is why you're not getting progress. Also, what are you using for your macro breakdown?

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eating clean has nothing to do with whether or not you'll see results.

Instead you need to ask:
    1. are my calories at a level appropriate to my goals
    2. are my macronutrient levels approriate to my body and goals
    3. Am I getting all the micronutrients/ healthy things I need
    4. Is my training/ exercise appropriate
    5. Am I being consistent in this....

amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amberlyann2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would agree. Make sure your numbers are where they should be for your size and goals also make sure your ratios are where they should be. Also you cant get to your goals with diet alone make sure you are keeping with your workouts and cardio. I started seeing results within the first month but everyone reacts differently.

SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50) SearMeCarefully will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I'm confused you say you fight to get 1700 to 1800 calories in...so are you not getting the calories in?

You need a solid 1800 calories a day...so if you're not getting to those numbers then this is why you're not getting progress. Also, what are you using for your macro breakdown?
    I usually get in 1700-1800 but it's something I have to really watch/be proactive about. A lot of the times on weekends I take in less probably about 1500 - however I don't usually work out those days so I thought it wasn't bad?
    I go to the gym consistently and usually do 30 minutes of cardio after weight training.

This is what's bugging me.
    I'm eating less calories than I burn
    I workout rarely skipping days
    I eat pretty clean (occasionally I'll grab a lean cuisine or those 100 calorie ice cream cones when craving - but am still within projected calories)
    Macros vary but I try to get protein and carbs equal at least, so it's like 39/34/27 that's about average..

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SearMeCarefully View Post
    I usually get in 1700-1800 but it's something I have to really watch/be proactive about. A lot of the times on weekends I take in less probably about 1500 - however I don't usually work out those days so I thought it wasn't bad?
    I go to the gym consistently and usually do 30 minutes of cardio after weight training.

This is what's bugging me.
    I'm eating less calories than I burn
    I workout rarely skipping days
    I eat pretty clean (occasionally I'll grab a lean cuisine or those 100 calorie ice cream cones when craving - but am still within projected calories)
    Macros vary but I try to get protein and carbs equal at least, so it's like 39/34/27 that's about average..
    consistency is the problem here. there is no need to change your calories on rest days...keep it the same.

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    consistency is the problem here. there is no need to change your calories on rest days...keep it the same.
    It just doesn't make sense to me that something like that would stall progress.. I would think it would more improve than anything

the bigger the better nicoledominique's Avatar
    nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You have to remember that 2 months is really not that long a period of time in the grand scheme of things. Keep working hard, be more consistent, and keep trying to come up with new ways to stay motivated (not discouraged).

Don't count on results alone for motivation, although great at boosting it for short periods, there are plenty of peaks and valleys when it comes to training and that's something you need to remember.

Also, you didn't say anything about your macros - it's essential to get in the proper amounts of protein, carbs, and fat. That's the one thing most people struggle with.

Keep working at it, you'll see results soon enough.

gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To answer your original question, it took me 4 weeks of consistent clean eating and exercise to see results (look at my progress pics to see what I'm talking about)

Now - about why you arent seeing results; For me, (unfortunately) I find that I have to be 100%, day in, day out with my nutrition and exercise to see change. If I have a cheat meal, or dont eat enough one day, or skip a workout - I will stall. Luckily I dont put on weight easily so I can go on holidays and not gain fat, but to lose it - I have to be bloody angelic. Maybe you are the same? Dedicate yourself to just 4 weeks of being perfect and see what happens? You can only try

Another option is, how are you measuring your changes? Mirror only? Scales? Tape Measure? Progress pics? Clothing Fit? You may have more changes than you realise

But on the other hand - if your lifts are going up then thats fantastic and you are obviously making progress!

Okay yes. Strict. Thank you everyone for you're responses and support
    gecko.. those are some great progress pictures awesome!
    I havn't taken any new pictures (depressing enough looking in the mirror ha) pants don't seem any different really. Weight has stayed the same but from what I read doesn't matter so much

Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jessie86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by gecko... View Post
    To answer your original question, it took me 4 weeks of consistent clean eating and exercise to see results (look at my progress pics to see what I'm talking about)

Now - about why you arent seeing results; For me, (unfortunately) I find that I have to be 100%, day in, day out with my nutrition and exercise to see change. If I have a cheat meal, or dont eat enough one day, or skip a workout - I will stall. Luckily I dont put on weight easily so I can go on holidays and not gain fat, but to lose it - I have to be bloody angelic. Maybe you are the same? Dedicate yourself to just 4 weeks of being perfect and see what happens? You can only try

Another option is, how are you measuring your changes? Mirror only? Scales? Tape Measure? Progress pics? Clothing Fit? You may have more changes than you realise

But on the other hand - if your lifts are going up then thats fantastic and you are obviously making progress!
    x2 it is exactly the same for me in regards to eating 100% clean to get results in dropping fat... but I don't put it back on when I stay mostly clean... and sometimes the changes happen in your body in such small increments that you may not be noticing...

Good luck with everything, just have to try things and see how your body reacts... check that your macros and calories are smack on... then if nothing still changes... try eating perfect for a good four weeks... that may be the key for you....
    "Fear knocked on the door, faith opened it, and there was nothing there."

Dont let fear hold you back from being all that you can be. Believe in yourself.

StaceyRuiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Eating Clean

I used to be in your shoes. I learned my cardio was no where enough to lose inches. I used to only do 15 minutes but now I at least do 30-45 min of cardio every other day and 20 min on the other days. I also realized eating 6 small meals a day played a good part. The two combined will give you results. It did for me in 3-4 weeks.
    9 to 5, world's biggest lie!

30secs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30secs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30secs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you don't see results fast enough --

1. Reduce your cals (carbs/fats) -- don't be afraid to cut some of the carbs/cals. it's ok if you go under your 1800 or even 1500 some days.. eating less is fine. and if you're worried just add a protein shake. I've cut more than 10% bf in less than 3 months by just eating less.. didn't even count cals.

2 - Increase your cardio -- add a 20-40 min daily cardio sessions.

3 - Add IF (optional/30sec science) -- Dunno if that helped my transformation.. but my diet included a big breakfast, and big (post workout) dinner. and a meal in between, and a snack at night if i were hungry. To me, eating big kept me full for most of the day/night and when i did my cardio i felt i was burning body stores vs my latest meal.

I promise you if you do those two you'll see progress in no time. numbers don't mean anything.. if you think u need to be 1800.. maybe it's actually 1500? and increase your cardio. that will def show you results.

Strong bump, let's hope she figured things out.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)