al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000) al_77 is just really nice. (+1000)

Wrestling and lower back pain

Hey guys,

I suffered a lower back injury in the summer of 07 after doing Tae Kwon Do and I guess dislocating something in my back. I didn't do anything about it till Jan 08. They said I had a "spinal subluxation." Ok.

I wrestled for 2 years before the incident, and did fine. But after the injury, wrestling was hard and my back hurt A LOT.

I had to quit twice. Now i'm back, and my back doesn't hurt, but I don't know if it hurts to wrestle.

Does my injury make sense? What should I do to prevent pain?
    "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Goals: 160lbs SHREDDED.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by al_77 View Post
    Hey guys,

I suffered a lower back injury in the summer of 07 after doing Tae Kwon Do and I guess dislocating something in my back. I didn't do anything about it till Jan 08. They said I had a "spinal subluxation." Ok.

I wrestled for 2 years before the incident, and did fine. But after the injury, wrestling was hard and my back hurt A LOT.

I had to quit twice. Now i'm back, and my back doesn't hurt, but I don't know if it hurts to wrestle.

Does my injury make sense? What should I do to prevent pain?
    I gather you saw a chiropractor for the subluxation diagnosis - what treatment did you get??

You most certainly did not dislocate anything - most likely a sprain of a disc +/- ligamentous tissue.

What rehab have you done for your injury??
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mayerrr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i injured my back in june 08, and i couldnt play soccer, volleyball, hockey or swim...but i joined wrestling not to long ago because my back seemed fine, and now its ****ed up again, and im out of wrestling trying to rest my back, i wouldnt go into it if i were you. you can try, but if its ****es up again its going to suck.
    train now, cry later

***** R.I.P Timothy J. Mckenny or Frvrmuscle as you know him *****

Gozon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Being in your wrestling stance and all of the pulling movements used during wrestling put a lot of stress on your lower back. You're going to want to do a lot of lower back strengthening if your really serious about getting back into it. You'll have to work on it for a while, though. You should also get it checked out by a doctor/therapist. Not to be a pessimist, but if you hurt your back bad enough, maybe your just not cut out for it anymore.

mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mossbergmaniac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Deadlift!!!

I suffered a lower back injury in Ramadi from an IED going off and folding me over the turret of my humvee. It bothered me for about a year and I tended to shy away from lifts life squats and deadlifts. I finally bit the bullet and started deadlifting real light weight with perfect form (on the advice of a navy doctor) and It stopped bothering me after about a month of lifting. Go see a doctor and hit that deadlift brah!
    Last edited by mossbergmaniac; 01-20-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Ron Paul 2012!!!

Don't rep me for my military service. Its just a job like any other. You payed my paycheck and that's all the thanks I need.

[img] [/img]
    [youtube] [/youtube]