Thread: Exam for NSCA

Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exam for NSCA

I was wanting to know if anyone could share there input on getting a free exam for NSCA so i can take a practice one to see where i stand on my knowledge and if i should go to college to learn more?
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!

jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbrowncbr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can't get a FREE exam as far as I know. You can order study material from their website and you can buy a practice exam. Here is a few sample exam questions http://www.nsca-cc.org/cscs/sample.html The study material is sold on their website. I just bought the main text book. You don't need to go to college to become a NSCA-CPT, you just need to study. A degree is required for the CSCS but it can be in any field. I'm currently studying for the nsca cpt.

that was a link to the cscs sample q's
    here's the cpt sample q's
    http://www.nsca-cc.org/nsca-cpt/sample.html
    Last edited by jbrowncbr; 01-19-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Hard_As_Steel View Post
    I was wanting to know if anyone could share there input on getting a free exam for NSCA so i can take a practice one to see where i stand on my knowledge and if i should go to college to learn more?
    Everything you need to know for the exam is in the NSCA's textbook. Going to college is not necessary (although you need to already have a degree in order to take the CSCS). When I bought my study pack, there were sample exam papers included.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude you wont be able to answer 1/4 of the questions on that exam. Go to college and get in the exercise phys program. In your very first intro class you'll realize how much you dont know. Im taking the CSCS and CPT at the end of this semester and the book that you get for the NSCA is for my 400 level class. it shouldnt even be a question of 'if i should go to college to learn more'.
    BA, IFPA, ACE, NSCA CPT, NASM and now --->CSCS<---- woot!

Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hard_As_Steel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    exercise phys program ill be able to take that class when i am a freshman?? or will i have to wait till like sophmore or what???

and should i take biology II in highschool and then take biology over summer for college???

can you give me a link about a description for it i really cant find one
    Last edited by Hard_As_Steel; 01-20-2009 at 03:37 PM.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer

bump

3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000) 3kgtjunkie is just really nice. (+1000)
    exercise phys program ill be able to take that class when i am a freshman?? or will i have to wait till like sophmore or what???

and should i take biology II in highschool and then take biology over summer for college???

can you give me a link about a description for it i really cant find one
    at u of l i took it as a sophomore just out of personal preference. take as many AP classes as you can in hs and take/pass the tests if you can it will help so much w/ the stupid ass gen eds.

ex phys is such an interesting degree. you'll actually enjoy class most of the time or I do anyway esp now that im a senior. The things you learn about the body are just amazing.
    BA, IFPA, ACE, NSCA CPT, NASM and now --->CSCS<---- woot!

zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should go to college because the competition is fierce.
    Blood DIEmonds are not forever.

Dizymz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dizymz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dizymz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dizymz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dizymz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm currently in school for dietetics and exercise science, and it is definately worth it to get the degree. My nutrition and exercise classes are barely like school cause i love what i'm learning and it interests me, i want to know everything and be good at what i do....it's totally worth it.

But i have a question I'd really like to get NSCA certified...because i want to do everything..ha and i was wondering what anyone elses experience was with the NSCA exam and studying. I think i know a lot and have taken anatomy and chem and research all the time. How long does it take to study and feel comfortable? i'm sure it varies but i'd like to know the average experience cause i want to do it now, but may wait till summer so i dont have school to worry about also

supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernovice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dizymz View Post
    I'm currently in school for dietetics and exercise science, and it is definately worth it to get the degree. My nutrition and exercise classes are barely like school cause i love what i'm learning and it interests me, i want to know everything and be good at what i do....it's totally worth it.

But i have a question I'd really like to get NSCA certified...because i want to do everything..ha and i was wondering what anyone elses experience was with the NSCA exam and studying. I think i know a lot and have taken anatomy and chem and research all the time. How long does it take to study and feel comfortable? i'm sure it varies but i'd like to know the average experience cause i want to do it now, but may wait till summer so i dont have school to worry about also
    I just finished school in Decembe with a bachelor's is in Sport & Movement Science. I took kines, sport psych, health and wellness, exerise phys, & many other classes. But no class helped as much as the strength and conditioning course that was added during my last semester, if I had the $ to take the test the day after I finished class, I could have. Now I'm just struggling to save some $ so I can take it. I have a very good base and am only probaby a day or 2 of studying away from taking it, but you gotta have the $ to take it. . .
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is the victory over self." - Aristotle

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would suggest purchasing the practice exams. They will give you a good idea of what types of questions will be asked & how they are written.

Going to College is a personal choice.

Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

textbooks

I am after NCSA CPT certification at this point at home while I finish whatever I was studying at local community college in case I decide to get higher pay until I finish my PT goals and increase education to reach for NCSA CSCS and other certifications.

The questions in my head every night is "Which textbooks will assist me to better understanding of Anatomy and Phyisology, Chemistry, and many more to become certificated PT?"

Reason? There is too many books to pick out of that qualifies for this field. I am looking for real qualified books that schools use or better.

rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslater34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WhiteTigersChevy View Post
    I am after NCSA CPT certification at this point ...

The questions in my head every night is "Which textbooks will assist me to better understanding of Anatomy and Phyisology, Chemistry, and many more to become certificated PT?"
    I understand and applaud your quest for knowledge (except for the chemistry part, ugh ), but if you're looking for a "best" book, you'll never find it. I would recommend just taking the class at a local tech school. That way you have access to a number of resources (teachers + students included.)

But if money is tight or you just want the flexibility of self-study, just go to textbookx.com or similar and look up physiology or whatever. There you'll find used books that were used in a college. If you do go this route, I would highly recommend finding the text's study guide also. In my experience, the text by itself was often tough to get through (without the aide of a teacher, peer or study guide.)

I have done something similar for architecture - i went to a university's website and found which texts they use throughout their program and bought those for a self study.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
    Crapping in one hand in wishing in the other right now

Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rslater34 View Post
    I understand and applaud your quest for knowledge (except for the chemistry part, ugh ), but if you're looking for a "best" book, you'll never find it. I would recommend just taking the class at a local tech school. That way you have access to a number of resources (teachers + students included.)

But if money is tight or you just want the flexibility of self-study, just go to textbookx.com or similar and look up physiology or whatever. There you'll find used books that were used in a college. If you do go this route, I would highly recommend finding the text's study guide also. In my experience, the text by itself was often tough to get through (without the aide of a teacher, peer or study guide.)

I have done something similar for architecture - i went to a university's website and found which texts they use throughout their program and bought those for a self study.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Yeah you just reminded me of something I used to do. I can relate to your situation in architecture, I believe that subject is little more complicated then studying for personal training. I am in architecture field as well, two semester of AutoCAD left. I am going to do what you just reminded me of and best luck to you and myself which is what we all need. Thanks, dude.

gisfinest01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It depends on the program. I would suggest you take Anatomy and Physiology before you take Exercise Physiology. It helps trust me.

Originally Posted by Dizymz View Post
    That depends also. If your school has a Strength and Conditioning class, take it. Also grab the Essentials of Strength and Conditioning Book. The 3rd edition is put together much better than the previous versions. Just study until you feel confident enough with the info. You may want to also get on the Certification Site and print off what is covered on each section of the test (CSCS is a two part exam). Good luck!
    Kwan Wallace, ACE CPT, CSCS
    BS, Exercise Science
    Grad Student Exercise & Sports Science

It's not always about how good you are, its about how bad you want it.