fkncody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fkncody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fkncody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fkncody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to make your own freestanding pull up bar?

What do I need to build a tall outdoor pull up bar stand? (Roughly 8 ft. high) Also, this is very important. I want to know if it could hold 200lbs. and maybe over. (be able to withstand kipping also)

Here's an example of what I had in mind of it looking like:

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8...llupbarew8.png

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    8' high?

To build it just like the picture you would need:
    a post hole digger,
    2 80 bags of concrete,
    2 12' pieces of 1.5 inch galvanized pipe,
    1 3' piece of the same
    2 90 degree 1.5 inch galvanized pipe elbows.

You should be able to figure it out from there.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

fkncody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fkncody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fkncody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fkncody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    a post hole digger,
    2 80 bags of concrete,
    2 12' pieces of 1.5 inch galvanized pipe,
    You mean dig a hole in my grass & pour the concrete in?

and "2 12' pieces of 1.5 inch galvanized pipe" you mean two 12 feet tall pipes right?

sry, im a lil bad when it comes to this stuff but i can make it work if i get it lol.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fkncody View Post
    You mean dig a hole in my grass & pour the concrete in?

and "2 12' pieces of 1.5 inch galvanized pipe" you mean two 12 feet tall pipes right?

sry, im a lil bad when it comes to this stuff but i can make it work if i get it lol.
    yes, you have to dig holes in the grass for the concrete/pipes.

screw all of the pipes together, then stick the empty side of the 12' pipes in the holes. put the concrete in the holes, make sure that the pipes are plumb (straight up and down), and that the top bar (that you hang from) is level. find a way to keep them like this until the concrete. use quick set concrete, it will dry alot faster.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    that's a fantastic plan.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    LOL he still did it the hard way.

If he had set the poles plumb and according to a stringline, but with raged tops, he could have set them individually and avoided all that tamping. Then you cut the tops level, chalk a line for your pipe location, then drill your holes, run the pipe straight through the poles down the whole length, cap the ends and be done with it. With a power auger this is a hours project, by hand you should be done in an afternoon. Just like building a pole barn or deck.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can i ask why do people use different heights for pullup/chinup bars?

usally i see 3 different heights
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Scroll down about half way. Look for free standing chinup bar and free standing chin up bar 2.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenand...odyweight.html
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You should get some sonar tubes to pour the concrete in.

Why do you even want to make this? Itll be an eyesore and are you really going to train so hardcore that you use this thing all the time...

Can you just go off your power rack?
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...ze=big&cat=500
    Cost me ten bucks for the pipe. You will find a way to make one...there are many options just need a bit of thought..good luck
    Alcoholism is the only disease that you can get yelled at for having.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Space_Lord View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...ze=big&cat=500
    Cost me ten bucks for the pipe. You will find a way to make one...there are many options just need a bit of thought..good luck

Is that pvc?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    You should get some sonar tubes to pour the concrete in.

Why do you even want to make this? Itll be an eyesore and are you really going to train so hardcore that you use this thing all the time...

Can you just go off your power rack?
    He probably needs more height to do those kipping(IMO wannabe) pullups.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Is that pvc?
    looks like a wooden closet rod, or hand rail for staircases.

Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10) Space_Lord is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is that pvc?
    No just a piece of metal pipe from a demolition yard.
    Alcoholism is the only disease that you can get yelled at for having.

He probably needs more height to do those kipping(IMO wannabe) pullups.
    I use it as just a different version of a pull up to switch it up from doing regular ones. Excuse me if i like to have fun while training instead of walking around a crowded meat house with everyone grunting.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fkncody View Post
    .... Excuse me if i like to have fun while training instead of walking around a crowded meat house with everyone grunting.

........rrrrrahhh....

/\/\/\/\
    E-Grunt

I don't think you need to 'splain the benefits of a home gym around here....jus sayin'.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    ........rrrrrahhh....

/\/\/\/\
    E-Grunt.
    THIS IS SPAAAAAARRRRRRRRRTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

LOL
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus