swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post-Hamstring Injury Questions

I know nobody likes reading novels on forums, so I'll keep it as concise as possible.
    - No prior history of muscle problems.
    - Few months ago, while playing a rugby game (which I was poorly conditioned for, possibly dehydrated), I pulled/tore/strained my left hamstring really high and on the inside of my leg. May even be groin.
    - Had maybe 15% functionality (very little strength while standing, couldn't put much weight on it, couldnt bring my heel to my butt) for about 2-3 days. I walked with a severe limp for about a week to ten days.
    - Never had it examined by a professional. Reason for confusion about exactly which muscle is/was damaged.
    - No bruising, very little if any swelling. Kept it iced the first two days, low warmth the next four or so.
    - Any attempts to stretch the muscle to any level ended with a loss of power or pain.
    - A month later I played in a local rugby tournament. I had no loss of power or confidence within a somewhat limited range of motion. Never put myself in a position to open up my stride and test my flexibity.
    - Following the tournament there was little activity, allowing me to rest and 'heal.' Nearly two months.
    - Since then I am able to squat and deadlift full to potential without any issue. Jogging, jumping, sprinting, cutting, etc. are all normal.
    - When stretching, I can put both heels/knees together and touch my toes as well as I've ever. Most all of my stretches (both static and dynamic) are just fine, except for one...

- Standing spread leg with knees straight, leaning over the left knee, at an angle that stretches both my left hamstring and groin, when I go deeper into the stretch it feels like something is pulling away from the bone on my knee, located on the inside of the back of my knee (medial posterior). It feels like it's pulling from the bottom side of the joint (attaching to the tibia/fibula, or very close to there)

I know the descriptions may sound convoluted, so I'll try my best to let you know anything else I might have missed.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by swolepatrole; 01-15-2009 at 10:19 PM.

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone?

Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Laxer311 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That may not have anything to do with your hammy because of where you injured it. I did the same thing as you with the torn left hammy, worst feeling in the world. But since you rested two months and you are now squating and DL's at normal i dont think it has anything to do with your hamstring if you knee hurts. However i know the hamstring musceles do connect down there so if they are tight it could be pulling it on like it does to your pelvis which causes lower back pain. How does your back feel? Are your Hamstrings tight? Maybe see a doctor about this knees are tricky.

My lower back actually WAS pretty painful for about two weeks. Once I was able to start stretching some again it went away over the course of a couple days. Growing up my hamstrings tended to be tight, but as I learned more about health & sports I did my best to eliminate that as best as possible. It just bothers me because when I stretch my left leg I can feel the spot where the injury occurred, especially when in the aforementioned pose. When I hold the position on my right leg, no problems at all.

And it's not that my knee hurts: I feel something moving along the back side of my knee. Something popping/wiggling/sliding out of place.