SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz

What muscle have I hurt?

Deadlifting in December, I got a pulling pain at the top of my glutes. Afterwards, I felt discomfort inside my hips, mainly around my hip bones if that makes sense.

I've got spasms twice since then by trying lightish deadlifts again after a month - then yesterday again from lifting the bar off the floor in a heavy BB row.

I have been squatting and that sometimes makes it a little sore.

Is this just my lower back? Or some other core muscle.

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's very hard to say given the limited information bro.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    It's very hard to say given the limited information bro.
    I'm not sure what else to say - the pain was initially right at the top on my buttocks, either side of the base of the spine. Afterwards, I could feel soreness near the nobbly hip bones at the front of my pelvis. Maybe there is a muscle which spans from the base of the spine to the hips?

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry mate I don't think I can help you.

Reps for looking - and being honest

experiencing the f*ck Germinator2000's Avatar
    Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Germinator2000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    that sucks. yes it sure sound like a muscel problem and not something like disk slip since u spasm. were u ever able to pinpoint the specific incident that cause this? zB that the bar slip or u twist ur back or somehting?

there could be a varietie of muscels causing this and im no expert. could be any of the hip flexors, piriformis syndrome, glute itself, perhaps even adductor or hamstring.

ur situation can most likely be solve by refrain from excercise that irritate the muscel and by appropriete stretching. since uve still suffering from this after 2 months, i think u should see a sport doctor they might be able to identify which muscle is the problem, or at least tell u where ur tight and need to stretch to prevent injurie. (do not waste ur time with regular doctor theyll only give u NSAID)

if u wish to solve it in ur own then i'd refrain from any excercise u even think could aggrevate this, then as ur symptiom free, slowly add back excercises. this could be a slow process...

what kind of car u driving?
    Mächtiger als du denkst, Mutterficker.

McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Could it be simple sciatica ?

How is your flexibility ? Tight hamstrings on one side can pull on the sciatic nerve on the other side.
    because fitness isn't coincidence

The incident was caused by heavy deadlift with no belt - I was on about the 11th single about halfway up, aiming for 15 singles with a weight about 90% of my 1RM.

Although I was maybe losing form a little and rounding my back, I am sure it is a core/hip muscle that let go and not my lower back.

I've been trying to avoid exercises that irritate it. I have been doing light high rep SLDLS - and still back squatting but with a belt. Looks like I'll have to stop BB rows too.

My hamstrings are pretty flexible, I would be suprised if it is that.

The other thing worth mentioning is that I had recently reduced the height of my box used in the box squat so the whole hip/glute area had become the weak point in my squat.

What car do I drive?? Nissan 200SX manual transmission....

TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TXScout2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Doubt it's iliopsoas, that attaches on the inside of your hip and runs down to the inside of your femur. It's also a hip flexor, but you hurt yourself during hip extension. Sounds more like your sacroiliac joint. It's the joint that connects your hips to your tailbone. It usually doesn't move much, it just works as a shock absorber for force coming up the femur into the hips. But occasionally one side or another will get jarred out of place a little bit and it can be pretty painful. You can check your hips in the mirror, and see if one looks a little higher than the other. If so, have someone pull real hard on that leg, try to get it back into place. As far as stretching goes, piriformis stretch can help sometimes. You can also try glute stretches, or getting a massage around the SI joint.

Piriformis stretch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY2E-DLj1UA&feature=fvst

Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000) Number_Seven is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go see a doctor, get some physical therapy. There are so many muscles and other possible problems, just guessing at them is not a good idea imo.

mbarnes3382 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did the same thing to my back 2 weeks ago it took 1week and half to feel better. Not sure what it is but it hurt bad! Very uncomfortable

jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it sounds like my back. I have a bulging disc that is pinching a nerve. At times it hurts down into my leg.
    " M as in Mancy"

When it has become irritated by my training, I can reproduce the pain sensation by standing upright and tilting my pelvis forwards and back. Again, I feel it in a line from my hip bones to the base of my spine

It probably is lower back.

I can do low weight high rep SLDLs with a belt on without troubling it.