Michael Blaise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Airdyne vs Airdyne Evolution Comp

I am going to buy an Airdyne for HIIT and was wondering if it was worth the extra money to purchase the Airdyne Evolution Comp?

Besides having a smaller fan and being quieter then the regular Airdyne, what are the other advantages of the Evolution Comp over the regular Airdyne?

Thanks,
    Mike

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Michael Blaise View Post
    I am going to buy an Airdyne for HIIT and was wondering if it was worth the extra money to purchase the Airdyne Evolution Comp?

Besides having a smaller fan and being quieter then the regular Airdyne, what are the other advantages of the Evolution Comp over the regular Airdyne?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I have no idea, Ive never used the new one, but Id just the regular old style with the large wheel.

Just thinking about it the larger wheel would be better, the design has been around for a long time, no problems with it, you can get a used one for around $100-150...or even cheaper...

mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Michael Blaise View Post

Thanks,
    Mike
    I haven't used the Airdyne in my gym that much, but I do have an Evo Comp myself.

It's belt driven instead of chain, so again quieter and a little smoother. In my limited experience on a regular Airdyne, there is way more wind blowing at you than on the Evo Comp...it's like a hurricane on the regular Airdyne. It's really easy to move as well.

It's supposedly built just as rugged as the regular, I've never had any issues on mine and I frequently do HIIT on it.