Closed Thread
Page 3 of 334 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Heres an official announcement:

I need a cage. Or free spotters, but I need something. I even have the wife convinced, provided I can get a great deal. If you all would keep your eyes open for me I'd be grateful. I'd prefer one that uses sabers as opposed to pop pins, mostly because I can think of several add-ons I could build for that type of rack but any incredible deal would be good.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PullBig View Post
    I have a stone Quarry about 10 miles away and am tempted to see if I can pick up a big tire used off of them to flip and hit with a hammer. Seems like the best place to pick up a 400+ pound tire and maybe not have to buy it. Ive seen guys on youtube hitting tires and it seems like it would hurt your shoulders less so I want to try it.
    i saw a 900#+ tire on cl in the area, but i think that's a bit too heavy. the guy also has a 410# stone, i think that was like $75.

i'm gonna get a tire, probably won't use it till spring. a quarry should have some, if not, ask where they get the tires on their equipment.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is a guy down in Hudson valley by me that has the molds and is selling them on craigslist but they do not interest me much. I have a rock fence around my house and I could lift those If I needed but I just load plates on a end of a olympic bar. Give it a try it will bring up your deadlift. Bumpers would be best to use or do vertical bar lifting. Put boards on the sides so the post does not hit the floor tho. Im too cheap to buy a stone trainer.
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=2640
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Done benching. Sore spot in middle or my back is now a really sore spot in the middle of my back and I cant look all the way to the left. LOL I hate Firewood.

Repping crew for life.

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

I need a cage. Or free spotters, but I need something. I even have the wife convinced, provided I can get a great deal. If you all would keep your eyes open for me I'd be grateful. I'd prefer one that uses sabers as opposed to pop pins, mostly because I can think of several add-ons I could build for that type of rack but any incredible deal would be good.
    http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/spo/978470992.html
    best deal in the area at the moment... been listed since january 3rd so you may have some wiggle room on price... I have the same rack and it should fit your basement.

edit: heres another http://detroit.craigslist.org/spo/973310161.html
    edit 2: a cheapo weider http://southbend.craigslist.org/spo/976635740.html
    Last edited by deseee; 01-19-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

Those are Pin safeties. Any saber safeties?

Repping crew for life.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

I'm not too far from you Tim, I'll keep my eye out. Plus Animal is coming here in March, so we can probable persuade him to deliver something if I find it . As long as its not like the one I got for him!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by deseee View Post
    http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/spo/978470992.html
    best deal in the area at the moment... been listed since january 3rd so you may have some wiggle room on price... I have the same rack and it should fit your basement.

edit: heres another http://detroit.craigslist.org/spo/973310161.html
    edit 2: a cheapo weider http://southbend.craigslist.org/spo/976635740.html
    I saw the one in Detroit, but they want too much for what they have, or rather I don't need everything they want to sell so I don't want to pay that much.

The one in Grand Rapids is promising, but still high for me. The Weider one is in the price range, but not at a 3 hour drive each way pluse a whole tank of gas in my van.

Thanks though, you found more than I did. I figure the perfect one will turn up and the more eyes on the lists the better. I'll have some patience, with all the unemployment, resolutioners dropping out, and schools graduating people in the next few months something is bound to turn up from someone who wants to dump it in a hurry.

No need for a bench unless its practically free, and while weight would be a bonus, not having it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
    Last edited by Wildtim; 01-19-2009 at 10:06 AM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PullBig View Post
    There is a guy down in Hudson valley by me that has the molds and is selling them on craigslist but they do not interest me much. I have a rock fence around my house and I could lift those If I needed but I just load plates on a end of a olympic bar. Give it a try it will bring up your deadlift. Bumpers would be best to use or do vertical bar lifting. Put boards on the sides so the post does not hit the floor tho. Im too cheap to buy a stone trainer.
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=2640
    i'm gonna do those with the end of an oly bar. i don't have bumpers, though, so i'll just have to be carefull with it. i thought of getting stone molds, or just some real stones if i can find big enough stones around.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I'm not too far from you Tim, I'll keep my eye out. Plus Animal is coming here in March, so we can probable persuade him to deliver something if I find it . As long as its not like the one I got for him!
    i wouldn't have a problem with it. i'm also going to cleveland the middle of february, so keep an eye out there if you want. i'll check into it too. i'm taking our van, but i can figure something out.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    i wouldn't have a problem with it. i'm also going to cleveland the middle of february, so keep an eye out there if you want. i'll check into it too. i'm taking our van, but i can figure something out.
    Animal, do you have kids? I can picture them wedged around a rack frame in a mini van.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Animal, do you have kids? I can picture them wedged around a rack frame in a mini van.
    oh yea. i've got 3 kids, 10,4, and 2. they will all be in the van, and it's a mini van. chevy uplander. plus i'll have all of our bags from a weekend hockey tournament and a hockey bag and sticks packed in too.

i could strap it to the luggage rack, though, unless it's a huge freakin rack. i found a sweet deal on a bunch of plates and oly bars, too, so i don't know how all of that is gonna work out.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i've got a few standard plates i'll keep. i've got some old yorks, i pair each: 25, 10, 5, 2.5, 1.25.....they are billard barbell 50 pounders. about the same diameter as an oly 45. besides these, i've got about 200# of cap/weiders i'll sell. i might hang on to all of the olympics i've got, except the ones deseee wants. do you think that sitting olympic plates on these will be cool, or should i pick up a couple of olympic adapters? i actually may have some around here, i've got a big box of stuff in the basement, not sure what's in it anymore. i'll take a strip of that rubber if you've still got it.

Your pic embed didn't work.

Besides that, if you don't need the standards for other things, they won't be necessary on the press. I'd keep the 50 lbers because they sound perfect for what you need. If they're the size of a 45er, the rest of the oly's should sit nicely on top of them. That's what I do with those 75ers and it works fine.

Unless you use them somewhere else I found keeping special ones around for one machine is a pain. It works nicely here because the sleeves are completely vertical. They may rattle a little bit, but they're going nowhere. Just hang onto em for a few weeks or so, then you'll get a feel for it. I don't think you'll need adaptors either. But if you do get over there, could you pick a pair up for me? Oh......how long are those adaptors?

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Your pic embed didn't work.

Besides that, if you don't need the standards for other things, they won't be necessary on the press. I'd keep the 50 lbers because they sound perfect for what you need. If they're the size of a 45er, the rest of the oly's should sit nicely on top of them. That's what I do with those 75ers and it works fine.

Unless you use them somewhere else I found keeping special ones around for one machine is a pain. It works nicely here because the sleeves are completely vertical. They may rattle a little bit, but they're going nowhere. Just hang onto em for a few weeks or so, then you'll get a feel for it. I don't think you'll need adaptors either. But if you do get over there, could you pick a pair up for me? Oh......how long are those adaptors?
    damn, the pic was there last night.

i just want to keep the 50s and the yorks cause they are cool. i could sell them i guess, if i never use them. i was using them on the pulldown/row machine i sold.

i'll try to get a couple pair of adaptors, not sure how much time i'll have to run around. i'm not sure how long they are, i have had some that were shorter than others.

maybe deseee can stop in there for us and i'll pay him on the weekend? well, deseee, can ya?

oh, it probably broke when i moved my pics into folders.

When did numbers get handed out?

Repping crew for life.

oh, it probably broke when i moved my pics into folders.

LOL

I specifically told you about that in my PM!

When I said create folders, I meant before you post the pics! If you move them after the embed, the link is done!

Those plates are perfect.
    I'm not trying to create more work for you on those adaptors, that just seems like a good price.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

LOL

I specifically told you about that in my PM!

When I said create folders, I meant before you post the pics! If you move them after the embed, the link is done!

Those plates are perfect.
    I'm not trying to create more work for you on those adaptors, that just seems like a good price.
    yea, i know. it even said when i was moving the pics that it would break the links. but i checked after i moved, and the pic still showed up for me. i guess i'm technology challenged...

the adaptors aren't a big deal, if i have time i'll pick them up. i wouldn't mind having a set for myself, just in case. if deseee can stop and grab some, that would be better. maybe he goes by there anyway, i'm not sure. it isn't really a big deal for me, either, so it doesn't really matter.

i seperated the plates i have for you, i've got 8x10, 4x5, 2x2.5. i couldn't remember if i told you about the 5s or not. i'm trying to get my gym a little more organized.

..... i'm trying to get my gym a little more organized.

HahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHa hahahaHahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, that just struck me funny. Maybe its because I just got my place set up where I had enuff room to barely squeeze in the GHR and boom....here comes a new rack. Now I'm considering keeping the rack and the smith. Which is just ridiculous.

There is no place called "organized home gym". Its a myth like the gold at the end of the rainbow!

....Still considering the underground addition to my basement.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those billards look pretty old. How long has billard been around?

I'm got some wide lip oly 25's...pretty close to ivankos.

There is no place called "organized home gym". Its a myth like the gold at the end of the rainbow!
    Come on over to my place man.

I'll throw my socks on the living room floor but I'm meticulous about gym organization & tidiness.

Come on over to my place man.

I'll throw my socks on the living room floor but I'm meticulous about gym organization & tidiness.

I didn't mean that kind of disorganized, lol.

If you've seen any of my gym pics you can see I actually keep it picked up. I just keep getting deals and then I have to reorganize!

I police the gym like no other place in the house. The kids can bring toys right up to the mats.....and that's it!

Bad news is, some days I'm not there, and mommy doesn't keep it as high a priority. Then I got work to do!

You're space does look pretty tidy though.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh......how long are those adaptors?
    the ones i got for $10 are 8 inches... he had some other longer ones too but i don't know the price.

maybe deseee can stop in there for us and i'll pay him on the weekend? well, deseee, can ya?
    sure

the adaptors aren't a big deal, if i have time i'll pick them up. i wouldn't mind having a set for myself, just in case. if deseee can stop and grab some, that would be better. maybe he goes by there anyway, i'm not sure. it isn't really a big deal for me, either, so it doesn't really matter.
    why dont you and keetman pm me your number and i'll call you tomorrow during my lunch or after work from the store.

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Those billards look pretty old. How long has billard been around?

I'm got some wide lip oly 25's...pretty close to ivankos.
    i'm not sure. the guy that i got them from was in his 40's and said they were his dad's. i have some more billards weights (standard), but i let my brother in law use them. someday i'd like to collect old/different weight plates.

Originally Posted by deseee View Post
    the ones i got for $10 are 8 inches... he had some other longer ones too but i don't know the price.

why dont you and keetman pm me your number and i'll call you tomorrow during my lunch or after work from the store.
    pm sent.

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First that post nudez has rapez(stolen from Dessee) coming to them. Ok, set, GO!!!!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    First that post nudez has rapez(stolen from Dessee) coming to them. Ok, set, GO!!!!
    hopefully not deseees nudes?

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I hope not also.
    Last edited by HardKore79; 01-19-2009 at 05:34 PM.

double post.
    Last edited by HardKore79; 01-19-2009 at 05:35 PM.

hey they were done quite tastefully in my opinion

Closed Thread