Closed Thread
Page 2 of 334 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HK is a happy man today. Picked up the C2 but the monitor needs a battery. Does anyone know what battery is needed for a C model? Don't know what monitor it is though.

I think we should turn this into a sticky thread to hang out in.

Skidmarx, I haven't gotten a chance to get any chains or bands. But it looks like you're doing good with the bands. Keep up at it. I will have to start a 5x5 and see how I'm doing.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deseee View Post
    the guy had it all taken apart when i picked it up so no sense in putting it together just to take it apart again next weekend. besides now I'll have a reason to drive to flint sometime this year and try all your stuff. yeah i'll still do the plates and bars
    did you notice if it takes standard or oly plates? i sold my pulldown machine today, the guy wants to buy some of my standard plates if i don't need them.

i'll be out there on saturday, still not sure of the time. you can drive to flint and lift anytime, i could always use someone to train with. i've been off work for almost a month, already got and lost a training partner. i knew he wouldn't hang long, he's started and stopped a few times before.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    HK is a happy man today. Picked up the C2 but the monitor needs a battery. Does anyone know what battery is needed for a C model? Don't know what monitor it is though.

I think we should turn this into a sticky thread to hang out in.

Skidmarx, I haven't gotten a chance to get any chains or bands. But it looks like you're doing good with the bands. Keep up at it. I will have to start a 5x5 and see how I'm doing.
    my monitor (pm3) takes 2 "d" batteries.

i think we should get it stickied, too.

i just picked up some chains at home depot, 22#each, i got 4 sets. i want to try bands, but they are kinda expensive for me right now. i read you could use pallet banding (mcmaster carr website), they sell at least 5 in a pack, depending on size, for about $18-20. i may do that sometime.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    standard plates would fit it... but if you got tons of olympic anyway may as well sell them.... sell my stuff to him too while your at it... and still none of you guys have given me any selling prices in the CL thread... Wheres Ferrum in my hour of need?
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ...I think we should turn this into a sticky thread to hang out in...
    Good idea. The mods have said they didn't want a misc type thread and I wouldn't want that silliness either. But, sometimes things come up between the guys here that doesn't necessarily apply to equipment. Threads end up getting hijacked a lot I think because there's no other option.

I think making this thread a sticky is a good idea.

CTG?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    my monitor (pm3) takes 2 "d" batteries.

i think we should get it stickied, too.

i just picked up some chains at home depot, 22#each, i got 4 sets. i want to try bands, but they are kinda expensive for me right now. i read you could use pallet banding (mcmaster carr website), they sell at least 5 in a pack, depending on size, for about $18-20. i may do that sometime.
    I think my modelC takes AAs. I had to change them a while ago because they were leaking and triggered an error on the monitor.

The mod here doesnt answer PMs I asked him a few times. I guess they dont care enough to check or something, theres like 10 mods on this forum most havent logged on in a year, its pretty bad.

Id like to get some chains and bands too, a lot. I was thinking about how to make band pegs on my ptec similar to the Efts rack. It doesnt look too hard if I can find the right hardware.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    ...did you notice if it takes standard or oly plates? i sold my pulldown machine today, the guy wants to buy some of my standard plates if i don't need them...

Sell em if you don't need them for something else. Mine takes standard and I use oly's on it. One caveat I just thought of though. I do use 2 75# plates on the bottom that came with mine. I kept them because they weigh so much. They're big, so they may create a nice stable base for the oly's.

I'll check to see what the wobble is like with just the oly's. My wife uses it without the 75's though, so its probably ok. You may want to hold back some 50's or something to give you that same base.

I think I may also have some rubber strips left over from my flooring. I used a drill press to put 2 holes in one and dropped it over the sleeves. It sits neatly on the metal bar supports the plates. Keeps it nice and provides a little softer landing. If you want I'll give you a piece in March.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Sell em if you don't need them for something else. Mine takes standard and I use oly's on it. One caveat I just thought of though. I do use 2 75# plates on the bottom that came with mine. I kept them because they weigh so much. They're big, so they may create a nice stable base for the oly's.

I'll check to see what the wobble is like with just the oly's. My wife uses it without the 75's though, so its probably ok. You may want to hold back some 50's or something to give you that same base.

I think I may also have some rubber strips left over from my flooring. I used a drill press to put 2 holes in one and dropped it over the sleeves. It sits neatly on the metal bar supports the plates. Keeps it nice and provides a little softer landing. If you want I'll give you a piece in March.

i've got a few standard plates i'll keep. i've got some old yorks, i pair each: 25, 10, 5, 2.5, 1.25. i've also got these sexy ones, but they (and the yorks) still need to be cleaned up and painted. here's the sexy:

they are billard barbell 50 pounders. about the same diameter as an oly 45. besides these, i've got about 200# of cap/weiders i'll sell. i might hang on to all of the olympics i've got, except the ones deseee wants. do you think that sitting olympic plates on these will be cool, or should i pick up a couple of olympic adapters? i actually may have some around here, i've got a big box of stuff in the basement, not sure what's in it anymore. i'll take a strip of that rubber if you've still got it.

aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skipped my Saturday Stronglifts 5x5 workout so did that today. So far so good, but I'm not lifting very heavy yet. My deadlift form seems to be getting better, though I need to increase flexibility more so I can start the bar lower.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Good idea. The mods have said they didn't want a misc type thread and I wouldn't want that silliness either. But, sometimes things come up between the guys here that doesn't necessarily apply to equipment. Threads end up getting hijacked a lot I think because there's no other option.

I think making this thread a sticky is a good idea.

CTG?
    So far it's all gear & workout related talk, not one booby pic. He shouldn't have a problem with it.

Maybe he won't sticky it, but we can bump it ourselves.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Abs, deads, and some cardio for me today. Gym is only in the 40's this morning. Yay.

Which reminds me...I'm going out of town on business in a couple of days. My company will no doubt be feeding the employees typical crap food...pizza, wings, donuts etc. Which forces me to pack plenty of protein shakes & bars. Which in turn give me bad gas. Which in turn makes the meetings more interesting.

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Which reminds me...I'm going out of town on business in a couple of days. My company will no doubt be feeding the employees typical crap food...pizza, wings, donuts etc. Which forces me to pack plenty of protein shakes & bars. Which in turn give me bad gas. Which in turn makes the meetings more interesting.
    We have a Walter in our hands.

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    animalfan: the local fitness store in kzoo sells olympic adapters for $10/pair out the door if you need em
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    I think my modelC takes AAs. I had to change them a while ago because they were leaking and triggered an error on the monitor.

The mod here doesnt answer PMs I asked him a few times. I guess they dont care enough to check or something, theres like 10 mods on this forum most havent logged on in a year, its pretty bad.

Id like to get some chains and bands too, a lot. I was thinking about how to make band pegs on my ptec similar to the Efts rack. It doesnt look too hard if I can find the right hardware.
    If you can not make band pegs for the bottom either choke them around dumbbells or get another set of spotter bars and put them in the lowest spots and just choke them tighter it usually works. The dumbbells workbetter.
    Ironmasters seem to be the best for it because they do not roll.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

Originally Posted by PullBig View Post
    If you can not make band pegs for the bottom either choke them around dumbbells or get another set of spotter bars and put them in the lowest spots and just choke them tighter it usually works. The dumbbells workbetter.
    You can always just tie it around the bottom of the rack.

eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000) eb02z06 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's an off day for me today and I need it! Probably doing some stretching later in the day. Back to the 5x5 grind tomorrow.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 13

Current Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114266071

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can always just tie it around the bottom of the rack.
    Some racks are flush to the floor and you can not get the band under the bars.

Repping crew for life.

Some racks are flush to the floor and you can not get the band under the bars.
    Of course you can. It can be done if given a bit of thought. Too bad I don't have any bands, or I would have taken a pic of. Bands aren't that thick.

you dont have bands and you say you can make them fit?

Repping crew for life.

http://www.performbetter.com/detail....tegoryID_E_358

Thats alot of rubber to pinch under a few hundred pounds of iron when you rack the bar.

Repping crew for life.

you dont have bands and you say you can make them fit?
    What I'm saying is that it can be done. You don't need to have them in hand to actually realize what's going to work and what isn't. If there's a problem with them being under, than shimming the rack with plastic shims would do. See, no big deal.

Ok. Just makes extra work. Be carefull not to damage the bands when you get them if one was to break when you were using it the outcome would not be good.

Repping crew for life.

Dang this higher rep **** is bumming me out. I think I'll make it a week instead of a month so I can get back to 5x5.

I got an extra set of spotters, maybe I should try that for squats.

Make sure the rack weights more than the band tension or the rack will jump. I have moved the rack before it scares the hell out of you the first time it happens them you get the plate holders for it. Now I have the TDS C92563W Rack so it has my 35 pound plats on the back to hold it down. And plate horns on the front.

Repping crew for life.

Originally Posted by deseee View Post
    animalfan: the local fitness store in kzoo sells olympic adapters for $10/pair out the door if you need em
    ok.

i'm starting 5/3/1 today, should be fun.

My back is fried. I split a chord of wood yesterday and I have my 5x5 bench today. Looks like its time to hit the Gakic.

Repping crew for life.

My back is fried. I split a chord of wood yesterday and I have my 5x5 bench today. Looks like its time to hit the Gakic.
    Does gakic actually work? I despise muscletech products, due to them being overated.

i used to hate splitting wood, and now i hit a stump with a sledgehammer for "fun". crazy how life works, huh?

i should start taking supps again, i've got tons of stuff around here. some of it may be about to expire.

I have a stone Quarry about 10 miles away and am tempted to see if I can pick up a big tire used off of them to flip and hit with a hammer. Seems like the best place to pick up a 400+ pound tire and maybe not have to buy it. Ive seen guys on youtube hitting tires and it seems like it would hurt your shoulders less so I want to try it.

Repping crew for life.