Closed Thread
    nbd222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nbd222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nbd222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nbd222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Just getting started. Few Questions.

Right...

Ive only been started a few weeks, im 17 and i workout 3 times a week. How much time should i workout a week?

On the days that im not working out with the weights im doing, sit ups, press ups, and other stuff without any equipment. I try and do 150 sit ups and 100 press ups a day. Is this to much or is that just right?

Since ive started i havnt change my eating but im gonna start, i usually eat whatever really not thinking about muscle but thats soon going to change. I know that eggs, chicken and yogurts etc are good for your body but could you please right down a list what else would be good?

Drinking.. what should i drink, i hear people talking about "shakes" where do i get these shakes from, do you buy them, do you make them yourself?
    What do i put in them if its the case that you do make them what do i put in them?

What else is there out there thats good to drink. Milk i hear is good, what about orange juice?

Thanks, any advice would be great.

Recovers with Shockwave! AMillane7's Avatar
    AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMillane7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nbd222 View Post
    Right...

Ive only been started a few weeks, im 17 and i workout 3 times a week. How much time should i workout a week?
    Depends on your goals, limits, and schedule. Personally I train for about an hour, 6x a week. Start with 3x like you do now, and go up if you feel like you can do more.

On the days that im not working out with the weights im doing, sit ups, press ups, and other stuff without any equipment. I try and do 150 sit ups and 100 press ups a day. Is this to much or is that just right?
    This is fine, but make sure you hit the weights to see progress.[/quote]

Since ive started i havnt change my eating but im gonna start, i usually eat whatever really not thinking about muscle but thats soon going to change. I know that eggs, chicken and yogurts etc are good for your body but could you please right down a list what else would be good?
    Wow, tall task there. How bout i toss you this link instead
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lance7.htm

Drinking.. what should i drink, i hear people talking about "shakes" where do i get these shakes from, do you buy them, do you make them yourself?
    What do i put in them if its the case that you do make them what do i put in them?

What else is there out there thats good to drink. Milk i hear is good, what about orange juice?

Thanks, any advice would be great.
    Milk is great! Drink as much as you can, as well as water. OJ is good for a burst of carbs, especially in the morning or pre workout. The 'shakes' are usually protein shakes. I recommend a basic whey protein shake, which you can make yourself with some milk in a shaker bottle. Look into Optimum Nutrition, Dymetize, Scivation, or Generic whey. You can get this online or in a store like GNC/Vitamin Shoppe.

Hope this helps

JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000) JY_21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^ everything he said is right.
    you should def start with 3x a week first since you are a beginner.
    look into Rippetoe's or 5x5 for a workout routine
    good luck with your goals