Ms.Rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Maximizing the glutes

Hey everyone,need exercises to target the glutes more direct.I do squats,lunges,leg press,dead lifts,all that.These things don't target the glutes enough. Any suggestions?
    This is so much more than vanity.It is a want,a desire,a need.I am not average.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those are the exercises, but it takes time and eating for muscle gains. Glutes are a very large muscle group. You can see the same percent muscle gain as you do in a smaller muscle but with less visual impact. If you are eating at a deficit for fat loss, gains will be smaller than if you were at or above maintenance. Just have patience and don't over work them.

SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Might be worth having a go at the adductor machine if your gym has one, I find it's easy to start stacking weight on it, but it's best to use it with as full a range of motion as you can... these and wider leg squats/leg pressing and the rear leg raises (when you are on all fours and you raise a leg behind you so that the knee comes up to the same level as your behind)

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Glute/Ham raises are great

a couple different variations

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    These:

good mornings
    sumo squats
    stiff legged deadlifts
    bench step ups
    cable pullthroughs
    lying leg curls
    standing leg curls
    reverse hyperextensions
    running stairs, bleachers, uphill sprints

oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

The poster above me mentioned these. But if you add dumbbell (or barbell) bench step ups to your routine, I think you'll find they really target that area. If you step up and squeeze your bum while lifting your leg back that'll do it. Have fun!!
    You're only as successful as the effort you put into your success.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oldernhotter View Post
    The poster above me mentioned these. But if you add dumbbell (or barbell) bench step ups to your routine, I think you'll find they really target that area. If you step up and squeeze your bum while lifting your leg back that'll do it. Have fun!!
    i thought everyone did bench step ups with weights lol

TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TikiCabales has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The exercises that you currently do are perhaps the absolute best for building the Booty!

If you're doing squats and aren't targeting the glutes, I can only assume 1. you're not going deep enough or 2. your not stabilizing and pressing through the heels of your feet. -- if most of the pressure is on your toes you're most likely feeling it in your quads.

Try This....
    If you use a Smith Machine to squat with, rather than squatting with your feet directly beneath you - place your feet "slightly forward" and, always concentrate on feeling the pressure in the heels of the feet. The same thing can be applied to the Leg Press and/or Hack Squat by placing your feet higher on the foot pads.

I hope that helps!
    .✿.•❀.•❤•.✿.•❀.•❤•.✿.FIT.✿.•❀.•❤•.✿.•❀.•❤•.✿.FABULOUS.✿.•❀.•❤•.✿.•❀.•❤•.✿.FIERCE.✿.•❀.•❤•.✿.•❀.•❤•.✿.

JOURNAL....
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159466571

BODYSPACE GALLERY....
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/13655122

SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SamanthaYorkUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ahh I meant abductors... always mix them two up

jochris26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Technique and Form may be the problem

The exercises you've mentioned are good ones to target gluteal work. Others mentioned in the responses work as well and will help to give you variety. But if what you are currently doing isn't giving you good results, then I agree that technique/form is probably the culprit.

Of course your genetics may limit the type of results you get from your glute work too. Just something to consider.

Jo Chris
    www.squidoo.com/exercisetoreducefat

Lot's of great advice and variety to add to your workouts. Keep in mind a clean diet along with your training with get you some good results...but it takes lots of time...tuffest body part along with legs for females!

ladymove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Variety is key. The more you challenge your body and mix it up, the better results.

I'll add to the Smith maching - try doing one legged squats instead of two. I have seen results from this, and I like the burn I feel!