Saniday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question: Does exercise session null the day carb number?

I've been reading a lot about keto now and before and it's clear that instructions say 20g or less carbs per day. But logic (mine) would argue that one depletes the eaten carbs when training and would in theory get to have a new 20g to use on the meal after training and still be in keto state?

Can anyone shed some light into this theory?

My day rhythm most days:
    Gym - strength
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Snack
    Gym - cardio
    Dinner
    Sleep

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're not measuring ketones in your blood you won't know how many carbs you can tolerate while still being in ketosis.

To make it simple keep net carbs below ~20-30 gram every day.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends on your individual carb metabolism and just how much cardio you are doing. It's possible to stay in ketosis but you need to find a way to measure. Will you still lose body fat?.. yes.

Would be cool to get that kind of exact science based answers about your own body wouldn't it This is my 4th week on keto and now that I made my menu preplanned and very simple it's been easy to follow. The first two weeks I simply concentrated to cut the carbs so I accidentally was on low-carb, not enough fat diet. The only concern is that I can't get enough fibre from my meal plan. Have to experiment a little to see if I could grow the carb number just a little bit without being thrown out of keto.

js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) js007Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, it would be nice. Getting more fiber in your diet (good idea BTW) won't throw you out of ketosis.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I eat lots of green vegetables with my keto diet for fiber. They are very low in carbs ,they nourish the gut's good bacteria and aid in peristalsis, contraction force from the smooth muscles in the gut to keep things moving.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

No, fibre it self no, but getting it from actual food like the vegetables it's a bit trickier. I have 4 meals a day and at the moment breakfast is the only meal that I don't have vegetables as I need to use milk with my morning coffee

What is "a lot"? Eg. I use cauliflower that has 2.2g carbs per 100g and 2.3g fibre. My portion would be 200g and gives 4.6g fibre per meal. The 3 meal gives me around 15g of fibre per day, don't think that's quite enough... Have to figure it out.

Originally Posted by Saniday View Post
    What is "a lot"? Eg. I use cauliflower that has 2.2g carbs per 100g and 2.3g fibre. My portion would be 200g and gives 4.6g fibre per meal. The 3 meal gives me around 15g of fibre per day, don't think that's quite enough... Have to figure it out.
    "A lot" would be way more fibrous veggies than you could eat.