Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Niacin as fat burner?

Anyone ever take niacin as a fat burner and how did it work out?

I took a tablet of 100mg of it (also known as B3) today, and within an hour, I felt as if I had been plugged into a socket. Everyone around me was huddled up against the cold and rain, and I was walking around with my coat open and a smile on my very warm face.

I can't believe I could be that warm without burning a lot of extra calories.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Anyone ever take niacin as a fat burner and how did it work out?

I took a tablet of 100mg of it (also known as B3) today, and within an hour, I felt as if I had been plugged into a socket. Everyone around me was huddled up against the cold and rain, and I was walking around with my coat open and a smile on my very warm face.

I can't believe I could be that warm without burning a lot of extra calories.
    It used to be in every fat burner on the market literally.

It just fell out of favor somewhat due to it's nasty side effects of a blood red, splotchy, but temporary rash... usually only lasts 20-30 minutes though.

But, yeah, if you take it with food, and you're not particularly sensetive to it, it's cool. Also, it can really help give you a good pump in the gym. Try it before a workout sometime. WITH food, though.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok, good to know. I got the hot face, but I can cope with that.

What's the best dose? Is it possible to take too much? When I'm out cycling in this weather, my hands feel like they are going to fall off from cold, so I really want the flushing effect.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    Funny how my buddies who would wanna pass a drug test though niacin ( lots of it ) would help BURN the drugs out of them with lots of water ..

after a whole lot of itching whining sweating and swuch - they still flunked ..
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradawx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I took 1000mg/day of Niacin which is 5000% of the recomended daily dosage for 1 week prior to a UA and passed.

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    that is great para these guys did the DAY OF ..
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by paradawx View Post
    I took 1000mg/day of Niacin which is 5000% of the recomended daily dosage for 1 week prior to a UA and passed.
    Great way to hurt yourself there.....
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    I was just reading a book with an introduction by Dr Atkins who said that people on ketosis based diets should have large doses of all vitamins and very large doses of the B C and E vitamins.

Which would include niacin.

It also said to avoid too much A and D vitamins as they are fat soluble and can store up in the body. FYI.

Vitamin A in large doses might be a problem for women who might become pregnant, but I can't see how you are likely to get too much vitamin D in your diet. Particularly this winter. All the recent research seems to show that we are generally deficient in D, and should be supplementing.

PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50) PSMF will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

I used to take 1000m/3 times day. I got very cheep from twinlab company brand. Awsome stuff. Also if you keep taking it few weeks you will stop getting that rashes and hotness thing. But first time for 1000 mg is like burn in hell. enjoy that feeling.

Took 500mg today, after coming in feeling like a block of ice after a cold wet cycle. Yes, it was on an empty stomach.... 20 minutes later, I was so hot I could have water-skied naked. In Ireland. In January. It was wonderful. Gotta love those hot flushes.

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    and it lowers cholesterol.
    taking it with chromium can help increase the effects. chromium supposedly gets to the fat tissue around the back, belly and neck. and just helps burn fat while gaining muscle in general. and it suppresses appetite.
    keto is for lovers.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113568721

Originally Posted by jecristragedy View Post
    taking it with chromium can help increase the effects. chromium supposedly gets to the fat tissue around the back, belly and neck. and just helps burn fat while gaining muscle in general. and it suppresses appetite.
    Interesting. I had read about the cholesterol, seems it's as effective as statins, but people didn't like the side-effects of flushing so don't take it. I'd rather have a red face than muscle wasting any day.

Any idea on dose for chromium?

kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kirchner925 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrLovrLovr View Post
    Funny how my buddies who would wanna pass a drug test though niacin ( lots of it ) would help BURN the drugs out of them with lots of water ..

after a whole lot of itching whining sweating and swuch - they still flunked ..
    Really? All my friends passed

otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000) otrebmu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrLovrLovr View Post
    that is great para these guys did the DAY OF ..

Originally Posted by kirchner925 View Post
    Really? All my friends passed
    ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'' -Muhammad Ali

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post

Any idea on dose for chromium?

not quite sure. i have "chromium for weight management" pills it says to take 2 (200mcg total) before 30 minutes before each meal. assuming thats based on the average idea of 3 meals... so i'd do that with like 100-200mg of niacin??

just educated guessing here.
    keto is for lovers.

Took more niacin today, this time BEFORE I went out in the cold. I could feel heat radiating from my back and bum, normally an area which stays cold no matter what. And that's without the chromium.

i tried out 100g niacin and the 2mcg of chromium...

wwoah. ive never taken niacin alone so i dont know if it enhanced the effects but i even took it with food and still felt very tingly and hot.
    keto is for lovers.

I reckon it's the niacin. Take it before you have to do something cold (standing round outside for whatever reason) and you'll love it.

jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500)
    this is going to make me look really stupid but im gonna say it.. atleast I was like 12 when I did this...

my buddie and me decided to snort niacin when we were kids, don't ask me why, we were stupid... that red hot tingly feeling you are talking about?

My entire face etc was horrid, I thought I was going to die.. that is all :-)
    Jan 26, 2010-cutting started. Goal:170!

Doing tricks for reps till im out of the red :-)

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I usually take 800 mcg chromium with 100 mg naicin....
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How does it "get to fat tissues" in certain areas? The ignorance in the fitness world is amazing sometimes. Can we see one peer reviewed study that even says this? Or was this something they talked about on Oprah yesterday?

Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000) Elfie. is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't know about it's fat burning effects but apperantly it does raise growth hormone levels.

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art472&zTYPE=2
    Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen.

hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoffpot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I remember years back (b4 I got out of shape) when a couple of us used to take Niacin just before a workout and my friend went redder and redder then started crying in the middle of a workout, he stopped using it after that which was a shame cos it was the most I had ever laughed in a gym.

Originally Posted by tst313 View Post
    How does it "get to fat tissues" in certain areas? The ignorance in the fitness world is amazing sometimes. Can we see one peer reviewed study that even says this? Or was this something they talked about on Oprah yesterday?
    s'cuse me what? who are you? id sooner be force-fed pasta and cake than watch oprah. i said supposedly.
    keto is for lovers.

tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tst313 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    s'cuse me what? who are you? id sooner be force-fed pasta and cake than watch oprah. i said supposedly.
    I am just amazed at the number of posts that "supposedly" make so many false claims. My favorite is fat targeting; the only way you can "target fat," is a scalpel and a vacuum.

Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Beef liver tabs have Niacin, the entire b-complex, protein, and will put tons of iron in your blood (very good thing doctors tell me when they gasped at 'the 2nd highest levels' of iron in the blood he'd seen in his 20 some years practicing, he said it is almost impossible to have too much blood iron.) On the down side, the red cross won't stop calling me about blood drives.

Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tst313 View Post
    I am just amazed at the number of posts that "supposedly" make so many false claims. My favorite is fat targeting; the only way you can "target fat," is a scalpel and a vacuum.
    I read this post as well as some more you made, as well as checked out your bodyspace profile.

A few suggestions:

gym more.

computer less.

(when on the computer)

read more.

write less.

that is all.

carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rugger7 View Post
    it is almost impossible to have too much blood iron.
    my thoughts exactly. ya can't have too much iron in the blood!
    "That rare combination of good-for-nothing and up-to-something."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Chas. Darwin

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.asp