Thread: Weird Pain

oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs down Weird Pain

Only when I do bicep hammer curls. I don't care if it's dumbells, machine, or cable curls, my inner wrists feel like the nerves are having little explosions that travel up my arm. I cannot do them. Anybody else have this strange disability? What did you do to get over this, if anything? I really want to do hammer curls.
    You're only as successful as the effort you put into your success.

paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulb72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybee way off base here but had similar issues until I learn't to lock my wrists when doing allcurling excercises.

I'll leave this to the experts

oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldernhotter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Hmmm. interesting take on this. I don't know what you mean by "locking the wrists". I concentrate on curling up with my upper arm and keep my grip loose. So, In other words....I concentrate on squeezing the muscle versus gripping the dumbbell, cable..etc. Thank you for your thoughts.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by oldernhotter View Post
    Hmmm. interesting take on this. I don't know what you mean by "locking the wrists". I concentrate on curling up with my upper arm and keep my grip loose. So, In other words....I concentrate on squeezing the muscle versus gripping the dumbbell, cable..etc. Thank you for your thoughts.
    does your wrist move when you do the curls?

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It could many things, to know for sure it needs to be examined.
    I do that such wist pathologies as rheumatoid arthritis will refer symptoms from the wrist to the elbow.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oldernhotter View Post
    Only when I do bicep hammer curls. I don't care if it's dumbells, machine, or cable curls, my inner wrists feel like the nerves are having little explosions that travel up my arm. I cannot do them. Anybody else have this strange disability? What did you do to get over this, if anything? I really want to do hammer curls.
    I can identify with the feeling, but I have no idea what the scientific term would be for it. I only know that for me, it's something I've experienced a few times over the years, but find it very short lived and know of no root cause. I guess I consider it an anomaly of sorts, and of no serious consequence.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000) Altitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do a Google search for "TFCC tear" - might be what you're suffering from.

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    does your wrist move when you do the curls?
    Nope....though my grip is loose

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    It could many things, to know for sure it needs to be examined.
    I do that such wist pathologies as rheumatoid arthritis will refer symptoms from the wrist to the elbow.
    I hear ya..but it only happens with these type of curls. I hate going to the doctor....so..I just won't do em.

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    I can identify with the feeling, but I have no idea what the scientific term would be for it. I only know that for me, it's something I've experienced a few times over the years, but find it very short lived and know of no root cause. I guess I consider it an anomaly of sorts, and of no serious consequence.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about it...it's just a pain in the behind. lol

Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
    Do a Google search for "TFCC tear" - might be what you're suffering from.
    Yup...I will.

Thanks guys!

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Little explosions. I had a similar thing happen but in my legs when I began to use the bosu/balance board. I had been balancing on the ball side for a few weeks, extending my time on each foot. Then I decided to start doing squats on the ball with no weights of course. For about the next 10 days whenever I went partway down, began to lose my balance and stood upright again, I felt something in my legs on the way down and up but I figured it was my muscles firing to help me keep my balance. Never felt it before or since and at the time I thought it was strange that I would feel something like that so distinctly but that's the way it happened. Seemed like once my muscles got used to the movement the sensations stopped and never returned, even when I was able to go ATG.