ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

evaluate me please?

so I am in week 6 of my diet excersize plan. I had fallen off the wagon for about a year, and really needed to kick myself back into fitness mode.
    So far, I have lost 13 pounds and it goes without saying, I am feeling pretty good.
    However... now that the initial weight loss is gone, I am headed into plateau zone. I have hit my standard weight of 145, and from here on out the weight is much more difficult to take off. My goal is to get down to 130. I know the number shouldnt be the focus, I want to be developing a lean appearance and good definition too. Im not in terrible shape to begin with, but I need an extra boost to get the results I want now. I try to mix things up at the gym each week as to not allow my body to get used to one routine... anyway, here it is.... please tell me what kinds of things I could do to tackle the hard stuff now....
    meal one: half cup oatmeal, bannana
    meal two: 3 ounce tuna, or a balance bar
    meal three: low carb whole wheat wrap with either turkey or tuna and cup of veggies (usually red bell pepper, lettuce or spinich, and red onion)
    meal four: tablespoon of natural peanut butter or handfull of almonds, 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    work out from 4:30- 6:00/6:30
    meal five: 3 ounce lean meat, green veggies, soy protien shake

work out goes something like this:
    I have been doing pretty much all cardio, just to drop the weight to this point. I average about an hour of cardio. with a half hour of hiit training, using treadmill or eliptical. I also throw in a high incline climb and a hard resistance on the eliptical twice a week to change it up. After my cardio, I will go to the mat area and work with the balance ball, medicine ball, crunches, and yoga for about an hour, really with no particular fashion. I am ready to start incorporating more weight training now... but have limited experience with a proper weight training regimin. Any suggestions on all of the above would be most appriciated.
    I have lurked around this site for over a year, and sometimes get overwhelmed with the amount of information. It gets confusing to know what steps should be taken, at what time of the day, at what interval, how hard, how fast, how long, how much..... thanks!

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well when you start weight training, do NOT change your routine constantly, as you will want to put on some lean body mass and changing things all the time will hinder results.

You really should have been doing weight training this whole time, it helps you keep your lean body mass and burn more calories at rest.

As for your diet, it's possibly overall too low in calories, especially if you start weight training. You will want to count your calories and macronutrients and find out where you are at in order to know how to change it.

I have a website that can help you with your exercise routine and diet - www.hotnfit.com .. check out the nutrition and weightlifting sections.
    Last edited by terracotta; 02-19-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Agreed with Terra your eating plan is off balance. You need to be around 1600 calories based on your stats. You need more protein and healthy fats. Each meal needs to consist of protein, a clean carb and healthy fats...this is the balance I'm referring to.

I would def get started on some full body workouts. Go to the article section on this board and you'll find tons of full body workout examples. Pick one you like and give a go!

Your eating plan and a good weight training program 1st. Cardio has it's place...but don't focus so much on cardio...that's not what gives you the results.

Good luck!!

girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    JMO

Minor changes in caps...

meal one: half cup oatmeal, 2 EGG WHITES, 1 EGG
    meal two: 3 ounce tuna
    meal three: low carb whole wheat wrap with either turkey or tuna and cup of veggies (usually red bell pepper, lettuce or spinich, and red onion). EVOO
    meal four: tablespoon of natural peanut butter or handfull of almonds, 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    work out from 4:30- 6:00/6:30
    meal five: 3 ounce lean meat, green veggies, soy protien shake, HEALTHY FAT

Workouts...
    4 day split, 2 body parts per day
    heavy weight, low rep
    cardio: 2 ss sessions, 1 hiit session
    ------------------------

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
    Matthew 22:36-40

ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivory4646 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank you for the tips ladies!