cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WTH? I am so hungry today!

I don't know what is going on with me. Normally, I do eat a lot of calories daily (I need to gain weight and am quite active and am breastfeeding), but today, I am so, so hungry, all afternoon I've been snacking. WTH? I did cardio and weights today like usual and had a session of acupuncture (which I've been having weekly for about 6 weeks now for anxiety). Oh, but I've also been off diet Coke today, wonder if that's why I'm so hungry?

breakfast:

1 cup mini shredded wheat cereal, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup skim milk

post-workout snack:

Syntha 6 protein shake (made with water)

lunch:
    1/2 Chipotle chicken burrito--chicken, peppers & onions, rice, black beans, lettuce, tomatoes

snack:
    Syntha 6 protein shake (made with skim milk)

snacks:
    1/4 cup raw mixed nuts
    1 cup air popped popcorn
    fresh pineapple
    handful of peanut butter filled pretzels

And still hungry! Guess my body is just telling me it needs calories today!

I shouldn't complain because I need to gain some weight but with a past of eating disorders, it gets unsettling when I'm so hungry and just want to eat, eat, eat.

Oh, well. At least it's healthy snacks, and I'm not downing chocolate, cookies, and ice cream.

Hope it means my body wants to put on some muscle!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cln1812 View Post
    I don't know what is going on with me. Normally, I do eat a lot of calories daily (I need to gain weight and am quite active and am breastfeeding), but today, I am so, so hungry, all afternoon I've been snacking. WTH? I did cardio and weights today like usual and had a session of acupuncture (which I've been having weekly for about 6 weeks now for anxiety). Oh, but I've also been off diet Coke today, wonder if that's why I'm so hungry?

breakfast:

1 cup mini shredded wheat cereal, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup skim milk

post-workout snack:

Syntha 6 protein shake (made with water)

lunch:
    1/2 Chipotle chicken burrito--chicken, peppers & onions, rice, black beans, lettuce, tomatoes

snack:
    Syntha 6 protein shake (made with skim milk)

snacks:
    1/4 cup raw mixed nuts
    1 cup air popped popcorn
    fresh pineapple
    handful of peanut butter filled pretzels

And still hungry! Guess my body is just telling me it needs calories today!

I shouldn't complain because I need to gain some weight but with a past of eating disorders, it gets unsettling when I'm so hungry and just want to eat, eat, eat.

Oh, well. At least it's healthy snacks, and I'm not downing chocolate, cookies, and ice cream.

Hope it means my body wants to put on some muscle!
    I'm not positive but those calories look low. You def need more protein and healthy fats. Fruit is ok on occasion, but it will not keep you full. Throw in things like rice, sweet potatoes, potatoes, whole grain breads...I will take these over fruit anyday!

You need protein, a clean carb and healthy fats with each meal...your plan is off balance and you need to fix it.

cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cln1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I had dinner too and that's not listed. I think I'm so used to eating a smaller amts. of very high calorie foods (like Lindor truffles, say 4 or 5 of those as a snack), so it's strange on me eating a larger volume of foods that are not as highly processed. Don't know if that makes any sense? I need to work in more whole grain foods and nut butters but today wasn't a typical day (ate lunch out, and I was on-the-go all morning). My daughter has been breastfeeding more lately with teething too, maybe that's it as well. Today she ate almost no solids except popcorn and just wanted to breastfeed. I'll never understand the crazy way toddlers eat! I remember I was crazy hungry postpartum until my daughter started eating solids more reliably.
    Last edited by cln1812; 02-19-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree with Kimm...

...and caffeine is an appetite suppressant (not to mention keeping yourself full with carbonated liquid) so ditching the diet coke may have had something to do with it.

MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) MochaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

I've been cutting my diet lately also --eliminating simple carbs etc
    I all of a sudden started getting hungry very shortly after I ate. It could be low blood sugar??? Could just be your body getting use to not having diet coke.