Thread: deloading?

spunkycron182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spunkycron182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spunkycron182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spunkycron182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spunkycron182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spunkycron182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spunkycron182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deloading?

so im in my 5th week of a new routine

ive liked it so far and this week im suposed to 'deload'

is deloading doing less volume? and/or frequency? or just lower weight for the week? im a little confused

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Carl

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deloading means just cutting back. If you're doing, say, ten sets for chest, do five or six at most, and cut the weight by about 30-50%. Just don't go to failure on ANY exercise; stop a few reps short. If you do that on all exercises for one week, or ten days if you need more recovery, then you should be ready to ramp it up again.

Frequency-wise, if you're doing a four-day routine, as an example, you should cut it down to three days and drop a few isolation exercises. Not to worry; you will not lose any size over the course of a week. Eat healthy during that time, do some aerobics if you want, but resting (at least for me) is much better.

Good luck.
    Last edited by GuyJin; 02-01-2009 at 05:14 AM. Reason: content
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1