Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000)

Question whos been travelling?

who in the misc has travelled the world? How was it, how much money did you need, where did you go?

Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, China and India.

It was too epic for words.

Spent a lot of money, a lot.

But to give you a realistic budget you could survive EASILY in most of those Asian countries for 15 quid a day. You could do it on a buget for a tenner, and scrape by on a fiver.

In Australia or any other western country that budget multiplies rapidly, so I had to work for the majority of time I was there.

I left the UK with about 5k. Arrived in Oz six months later with 3k. Left and went back to Asia six months later with about the same. EIght months later arrived at heathrow with about 40p and a pair of sandals.

Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Huddersfield, Bracknell and luton
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )

JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so you're saying i need a fair bit of money before i go travelling?

Im looking to go to France and live there for a year and get a job...

What would you recommend a budget?

Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rupert IV View Post
    Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, China and India.

It was too epic for words.

Spent a lot of money, a lot.

But to give you a realistic budget you could survive EASILY in most of those Asian countries for 15 quid a day. You could do it on a buget for a tenner, and scrape by on a fiver.

In Australia or any other western country that budget multiplies rapidly, so I had to work for the majority of time I was there.

I left the UK with about 5k. Arrived in Oz six months later with 3k. Left and went back to Asia six months later with about the same. EIght months later arrived at heathrow with about 40p and a pair of sandals.
    was it like backpacking? what kind of places did you stay in how many people did you go with

Originally Posted by Kiwi_Fella View Post
    Huddersfield, Bracknell and luton
    LOL bracknell is a **** hole

JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JamesYancey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    where you looking on going OP?

I want to go away but it looks like im going on my own... and at 18 i don't think its wise!

★Auf Granit beißen★ Das Gildenmeister's Avatar
    Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Guam, Japan, Germany, England, Hawaii & Alaska.

FREE.

(Airforce)

Originally Posted by NJGX03X87 View Post
    Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Guam, Japan, Germany, England, Hawaii & Alaska.

FREE.

(Airforce)
    thats cheating!

Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Randeep.Singh View Post
    was it like backpacking? what kind of places did you stay in how many people did you go with
    Yeah it was backpacking. I went on my own and wouldn't dream of doing it any other way. I stayed in lots of different types of places, from villages built on the sea through to hammocks under the stars in the jungle, but the majority was just budget hotels and guesthouses. In Oz and NZ i stayed in hostels while travelling and a shared house while working.

This is a good example of the kinda place travellers stay in:

http://www.julieguesthouse.com/

Pure chillin, playing pool, drinking beer, chatting to people from all over the world, all for about 2 quid a night.

Good times. I'm going off again towards the end of the year.

Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Das Gildenmeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Harte99 View Post
    thats cheating!
    absolutly not!

ive had a blast, its just like a vacation only im getting paid instead of paying...

*edit*
    oh, and i forgot Saipan

supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supertramp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NJGX03X87 View Post

FREE.

(Airforce)
    thats not really traveling...

Yeah it was backpacking. I went on my own and wouldn't dream of doing it any other way. I stayed in lots of different types of places, from villages built on the sea through to hammocks under the stars in the jungle, but the majority was just budget hotels and guesthouses. In Oz and NZ i stayed in hostels while travelling and a shared house while working.

Pure chillin, playing pool, drinking beer, chatting to people from all over the world, all for about 2 quid a night.

Ah thats exactly what i want to do..

Where would you suggest going?

Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ek2 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Wow thats amazing. Did you plan the trip out? Or did you just wing it?

If you just kind of winged it, how did you find places to stay?
    no sig crew

Ah thats exactly what i want to do..

Where would you suggest going?

A pretty safe route is to start in Thailand. It's a backpackers paradise, cheap and beautiful, plenty of other people doing the same thing so you shouldn't get lonely.

A lot of people go from there straight to Australia, but for me that would be missing out on everything, because the further you go from your own culture the more you get out of it.

South East Asia is very popular and most people do a Thailand - Laos - Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand loop. I'd probably suggest you plan on doing that, but keep your actual plands loose so you've got the freedom to wonder wherever you feel is right.

Then from there the logical step is on to Oz for some work and all the amazing things Oz has to offer. At this point a lot of people will go to South America but I was so in love with Asia that I had to go back (yellow fever), so i went back and travelled around for a bit more and spent months hanging around in my favourite spots, just soaking up the atmosphere.

bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bhxgryphon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dude that's sick. I doubt I'd ever have the balls to travel the world by myself lol.

pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000) pauly215 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Poland,Germany,Czech Republic, Ukraine

Originally Posted by supertramp View Post
    thats not really traveling...
    thats the epitome of traveling...

Originally Posted by Ek2 View Post
    Wow thats amazing. Did you plan the trip out? Or did you just wing it?

If you just kind of winged it, how did you find places to stay?

I made a rough plan of where i wanted to go but once you're on the ground everything changes. For example i initially booked an 8-leg round the world ticket, the only flight that i didn't make a change to was the first one. ALl my other plans changed.

Guidebooks like the lonely planet are the way forward, they specialise in budget travel and are a godsend when you're on the road.

Check out their busy forums here for everything you could ever want to know about travelling:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/index.jspa

A pretty safe route is to start in Thailand. It's a backpackers paradise, cheap and beautiful, plenty of other people doing the same thing so you shouldn't get lonely.

A lot of people go from there straight to Australia, but for me that would be missing out on everything, because the further you go from your own culture the more you get out of it.

South East Asia is very popular and most people do a Thailand - Laos - Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand loop. I'd probably suggest you plan on doing that, but keep your actual plands loose so you've got the freedom to wonder wherever you feel is right.

Then from there the logical step is on to Oz for some work and all the amazing things Oz has to offer. At this point a lot of people will go to South America but I was so in love with Asia that I had to go back (yellow fever), so i went back and travelled around for a bit more and spent months hanging around in my favourite spots, just soaking up the atmosphere.
    whoa that sounds amazing..

How much money do you recommend i take with me?

Where you planning on going this year?

I really want to travel the world!

Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I cant wait, i wanta buy a sailboat and sail the world.

Hawaii, Bahamas, Asia.

I live once and im not gonna work the whole year, im gonna enjoy my life.

and maybe ill take people with me, like for 3 months, someone can pay me 10,000 and we will sail the world.

damn thats crazy and pretty daunting especially seeing as you just winged it didnt you have trouble with language and stuff while in thailand, and those asian countries and what about visas and stuff if you were just trying to be spontaneous?
    harte id like to travel south america but dont have the money just yet (student) bt i heard south america is real dangerous

Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Redlockerman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    damn thats crazy and pretty daunting especially seeing as you just winged it didnt you have trouble with language and stuff while in thailand, and those asian countries and what about visas and stuff if you were just trying to be spontaneous?
    harte id like to travel south america but dont have the money just yet (student) bt i heard south america is real dangerous
    Watch the MTV true life when like 3 dudes travel a whole year.

One dude gets robed in brazil by a bunch of kids.

whoa that sounds amazing..

How much money do you recommend i take with me?

Where you planning on going this year?

I really want to travel the world!
    It really depends on how high your standards are. I travelled with some folks who would turn their noses up at a hotel room that i thought looked spotless. But a rough guide for South East Asia would be 10 to 15 pounds per day.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm gonna do next, but i really like the idea of taking the trans-siberian all the way across to China, see more of China and maybe take a boat to check out Japan. Then depending on funds head south and try and travel overland all the way back to Eurpoe, right through the middle east. Basically i wanna go everywhere possible without going on a plane.

It really depends on how high your standards are. I travelled with some folks who would turn their noses up at a hotel room that i thought looked spotless. But a rough guide for South East Asia would be 10 to 15 pounds per day.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm gonna do next, but i really like the idea of taking the trans-siberian all the way across to China, see more of China and maybe take a boat to check out Japan. Then depending on funds head south and try and travel overland all the way back to Eurpoe, right through the middle east. Basically i wanna go everywhere possible without going on a plane.
    Okay thanks for the advice... i was thinking of Europe first and then probably head through to russia and then off to China pick up some robots and go back on myself ... big circle and then head back through to france and then live there for a year or so and then come back to England and join the Police...

Randeep... same boat... i want to go around september time or i will work for a year and then go away and do the above

Language barriers are no problem, even in China its not much of a problem. Sometimes it can take five hours, ten different assistants and thousands of people staring at you just to get a train ticket, but that's all part of the fun.

With Visa's you do need a little bit of forward thinking. But any country is likely to have a consulate for each of their neighbours in their major cities. For example if you are in Cambodia and you want to go to Vietnam, you go to a major city in Cambodia and find the Vietnamese consulate and apply for a visa, usually only takes a couple of days. Also some countries do Visa on arrival, so you just turn up at the border and they give you a visa.

Language barriers are no problem, even in China its not much of a problem. Sometimes it can take five hours, ten different assistants and thousands of people staring at you just to get a train ticket, but that's all part of the fun.

With Visa's you do need a little bit of forward thinking. But any country is likely to have a consulate for each of their neighbours in their major cities. For example if you are in Cambodia and you want to go to Vietnam, you go to a major city in Cambodia and find the Vietnamese consulate and apply for a visa, usually only takes a couple of days. Also some countries do Visa on arrival, so you just turn up at the border and they give you a visa.
    would love to work out in somewhere like that away from my town and just return and be like what did you do with your life for a year or so

Okay thanks for the advice... i was thinking of Europe first and then probably head through to russia and then off to China pick up some robots and go back on myself ... big circle and then head back through to france and then live there for a year or so and then come back to England and join the Police...

Randeep... same boat... i want to go around september time or i will work for a year and then go away and do the above
    Go for it mate, Europe will be awesome. Don't worry about travelling solo. In europe you'll be staying mostly in hostels so you'll be sharing a room with at least three others, everyone is in the same boat, conversations start easy and friends are made. Might sound cheesy but if you go your life will never be the same again.

Go for it mate, Europe will be awesome. Don't worry about travelling solo. In europe you'll be staying mostly in hostels so you'll be sharing a room with at least three others, everyone is in the same boat, conversations start easy and friends are made. Might sound cheesy but if you go your life will never be the same again.
    what i want... a life changing experience

I will see how the money flows around september time and if im up for it ill go and leave from dover and not return and hostel each country

so the rooms a bit like a dorm? bunk beds and stuff but is there a chance you could end up getting your stuff stolen