OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OoMesKoO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Dumbbell/Barbell routine recommendations?

Hey guys.

I guess you could say I am a beginner in the world of lifting. I have the basic know-how and I seem to have a decent base to work with. I have a bench, an array of dumbbells/barbells, and some good weight to work with. can anyone recommend me a good routine to use, using the equipment I have available to me? I tried searching, but nothing that really spelled it out for me on a daily basis.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ready for gamma rays now. Leaf_Longbottom's Avatar
    Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf_Longbottom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I too am using barbells and dumbbells exclusively for my workouts as I am no longer in a gym. If you check out the workout tracker on my profile, you will see all kinds of exercises that I use for my body parts. Today for example was a arm day and this is what my workout consisted of.

Date: Jan 15, 2009
    Name: Arms
    Start Time: 01:15 PM
    End Time: 02:25 PM
    Duration: 1:10
    Mood: Energized and Ready!
    Notes: Modified Fascial Stretch training. Good workout

# Exercise Name Set Lbs. Reps

1 Close-Grip Bench Press
    #1 115 x 15
    #2 140 x 10
    #3 155 x 11
    #4 165 x 9
    #5 175 x 7
    #6 175 x 6
    2 Minute rests.

2 EZ-Bar Curl #1 85 10
    #2 95 x 10
    #3 105 x 7
    #4 105 x 6
    #5 105 x 6
    #6 105 x 6
    2 Minute rests.

3 Lying Triceps Press
    #1 95 x 12
    #2 105 x 8
    #3 105 x 5
    #4 105 x 6
    Using e z curl bar. 2 Minute rests.

4 Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
    #1 40 x 12
    #2 45 x 9
    #3 45 x 7
    #4 45 x 6
    2 minute rests.

5 Dips - Triceps Version
    #1 198 x 20
    #2 198 x 12
    #3 198 x 9
    #4 198 x 8
    #5 198 x 7
    Using body weight as poundage...after all its not like Im lifting 0 pounds. 30 second rests.

6 Incline Dumbbell Curl
    #1 30 x 12
    #2 30 x 10
    #3 30 x 8
    #4 30 x 8
    #5 30 x 7
    30 Second rests.
    Trample the weak and hurdle the dead.

_Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Buddy it's not hard to come up with free weight exercises, I found a routine of them easily when I was first in your shoes.

But this is a noob routine everyone recommends.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

That has everything you need I believe. You can do Zercher squats if you don't have a squat rack.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good Beginner Programs:

Starting Strength Novice Program - AKA "Rippetoe's". Countless trainees have gotten their start on this program (including myself) and made impressive size and strength gains. Associated with the program is a best-selling book, a huge support community and a massive amount of supplementary information. This is my favorite recommendation of the bunch.

Natural2's Advice for Beginners - Great advice for beginners, with beginner workout templates

A Simple Power Based Routine by Iron Addict - Here is a routine a LARGE percentage of the lifters here could make great gains doing. By Iron Addict, one of the top trainers on the net.

A Simple Beginners Routine by All Pro - A beginner program designed by All Pro, arguably one of the most knowledgable posters on the forum.

How to Construct Your Own Workout Routine by Steven Low - A simple guide to programming your own routine, lots of useful information, sample routines and links to other programs too.

Official 'Brawn' Basic layout/strategy/guide - Can't go wrong with this setup either. Stuart McRobert is a highly regarded trainer and author of one of the all-time best weight training series of books.

Practical Starting Routines for The Drug-Free Trainee - A good basic full body hypertrophy workout. Tons of great supplementary advice too.

The Real Arnold Schwarzenegger Beginner Programs - These are the same routines Arnold got started on. Nuff said!

MadCow's Starr/Pendlay 5x5 - Tried and true but geared toward intermediate weight lifters. Lots of great info and links here as well.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131