Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Yates Row T View Post
    whats ur opinion on supplementing with Co-Q 10. Been using ubiquinol at 30-60mg a day. Thinking of upping it to 100mg. Little pricey though.

my personal, private opinion: at your age, you don't need it and most likely won't get any benefits from it.
    After the age of 40, CoQ10 tissue levels start to decline, so, that would be a good time to consider supplementation.

I wonder if there's ANY study that has shown ANY benefit from taking CoQ10 in healthy young subjects?

not hyooge but healthy dustinlima's Avatar
    dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000)
    Soon enough everyday I'll do Opti-men, 125+mg resveratrol*, 15-day fungal defense before primal defense ultra (probably 2 caps/d not 3 to save $), omega 3 mood (1000:150 epa/dha), 2g flax oil, 2g extra time-released C, 200IU extra E, 2g glucosamine sulfate, MSM 1-2g, WATER, whey. these supplements in addition to great food, tuna, frozen fruit smoothie, chicken, oats, etcetc. I don't see it getting much better than this without spending lots more cash

*Depending on which resveratrol mixture I'm certain that it may be packed with additional antiox

Edit: I've decided to go with Country Life Resveratrol Plus. Can't beat the price, and who needs supplemental fruit/veg antiox at age 19 when you got fruit smoothie and cherries every day. And my gf will be on same stack as above but with opti-women
    Last edited by dustinlima; 07-22-2009 at 02:57 PM.

dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DR_P View Post
    I wonder if there's ANY study that has shown ANY benefit from taking CoQ10 in healthy young subjects?
    Antioxidant abilities reduce doms in young adult males is what I get from this:

Originally Posted by Kon, M.; British journal of nutrition; 10/2008
    Intensive physical exercise may cause muscular injury and increase oxidative stress. The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of an antioxidant, coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), on muscular injury and oxidative stress during exercise training. Eighteen male students, all elite Japanese kendo athletes, were randomly assigned to either a CoQ10 group (n 10) or a placebo group (n 8) in a double-blind manner. Subjects in the CoQ10 group took 300 mg CoQ10 per d for 20 d, while subjects in the placebo group took the same dosage of a placebo. All subjects practised kendo 5.5 h per d for 6 d during the experimental period. Blood samples were taken 2 weeks before, during (1 d, 3 d, 5 d) and 1 week after the training. Serum creatine kinase (CK) activity and myoglobin (Mb) concentration significantly increased in both groups (at 3 d and 5 d). Serum CK (at 3 d), Mb (at 3 d) and lipid peroxide (at 3 d and 5 d) of the CoQ10 group were lower than those of the placebo group. The leucocyte counts in the placebo group significantly increased (at 3 d) and neutrophils significantly increased in both groups (at 3 d and 5 d). Serum scavenging activity against superoxide anion did not change in either group. These results indicate that CoQ10 supplementation reduced exercise-induced muscular injury in athletes.
    One you might enjoy more (ellipses to reduce space, can PM full abstract if you want):
    Originally Posted by Shah, SM.; The Annals of pharmacotherapy; 03/2007
    OBJECTIVE: To determine the electrocardiographic (ECG) and hemodynamic impact of CoQ10 in healthy individuals. METHODS: Healthy volunteers (N = 26; 62% male, age 24 +/- 3 y) were randomized to receive a single dose of CoQ10 50 mg and matching placebo in a crossover fashion with a 7 day washout period between treatments. ... CONCLUSIONS: One dose of CoQ10 does not have any effect on ECG variables and exhibits only mild and transient effect on systolic blood pressure in young, healthy people.
    Young mice are luckier...:
    Originally Posted by Sinatra, D.S.; BioFactors View Post
    ... Mice treated with CoQ10 exhibited significantly greater locomotor activity as reflected by an increase in square crosses than non-drug controls... The effect was uniform across all mice and did not interact with age...
    Supplemental CoQ10 also increases tissue alpha-tocopherol levels in mice, in addition increases in CoQ10 levels.

Oh wait, vit e++ for humans too:
    Originally Posted by Weber, C.; International journal for vitamin and nutrition research. View Post
    The effect of an oral dose of 90 mg/day coenzyme Q10 on the antioxidative status in 22 healthy young subjects (9 men and 13 women) was investigated before and after induction of an oxidative stress by fish oil supplementation... The level of TBARS decreased during the first 2 weeks of CoQ10 ingestion while the content of alpha-tocopherol increased in the second week and ascorbate did not change. The decrease of TBARS and the presence of the majority of the orally supplemented CoQ10 in the reduced form in plasma seem to indicate an antioxidative role of CoQ10 in blood plasma.
    Last edited by dustinlima; 07-22-2009 at 05:55 PM.

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well, i am not overly impressed, to be honest. Less DOMS? Fine. But does that translate to better performance? Recent research suggests that antioxidant vitamins may play a bad role when combined with strenous exercise because they may reduce the natural upregulation of antioxidative mechanisms in tissues in respone to transient ROS elevations, induced by exercise.

Are there benefits to CoQ10? Yes. At an early age? Some...
    Is it worth it? I don't think so. You could get much more benefit by allocating the money elsewhere imo

And now I'm curious cause there is indeed research stating what you're stating. But why do you need natural antioxidative mechanisms if your supplements take care of it for you I mean it would make sense to me that if your dietary antioxs slayed the ROS then your body wouldn't need to alter its composition in response to oxidative stress. But i haven't had biochem yet so i'm willing to learn.
    And if antioxidants are bad when combined with strenous exercise, can you still ingest around workouts? Do I stop taking my vits? Fish oils? Or are these necessary for the body's mechanisms to combat ROS, and if so, why can't supplemental CoQ10 be necessary...

Edit: upon reflection of the issue, it's mostly about balance. certainly if you load your body with anything there can be detriments or inhibition of benefits. but, everything incl coq10 in moderation isn't a bad thing... except that coq10 will probably cost you $30 a month, or the equivalent of 10 morning coffes!
    Last edited by dustinlima; 07-23-2009 at 06:45 PM.

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its long...but some of you may find it helpful.

phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

gnc

gnc sports vitamins

phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) phl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

nice

excellent

Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chasinSKURT View Post
    how much does he have you taking?

I'v been thinking about taking more for the next few months. I get VERY little out of my diet, and being that it's 3 degrees outside today, my skin's not getting to much exposure either!

I'm thinking about taking as much as 20,000 IU's per day. (5 days on, 2 days off)
    Concerning vit D, my GP has been pushing this on me for a couple years now, so about 3 weeks ago I gave in. Suggested 1000iu for every 25 pounds of body weight, so im currently taking in 10000iu a day. I was lucky to find a pharmacy in town that carried 5000iu capsules with no filler.

For 6 bucks, you really cant find a better cost effective supplement than D3

Im not premoting any supplement company obviously, but here is a ling to a website that goes more in depth about the benefits-vitamindcouncil.org

JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JakeFires has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up Recommendation

AN extremely good supplement that i would recommend everyone to take is fish oil.
    especially for anyone suffering from joint pain. this stuff did wonders for my knees, they use to get a little sore from running and squating, took fishoil, and i havnt had a problem since.

Political Broscientist roach_coach's Avatar
    roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000) roach_coach is just really nice. (+1000)
    I felt great while on a greens supplement, spriulina did me a lot of good. I may try another greens supp when I get back to school. I was also looking into NAC/milk thistle for a liver supplement, as well as Poseidon (mentioned earlier) and see how it works for me.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, because I'm the baddest motherf#*%er in the valley.

Reps for life: Mattw30

Note: The posts by this account do not represent the views of any institution or organization, and in some cases the author himself.

squats and milk = growth niCe99's Avatar
    niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000) niCe99 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

After reading this thread, i have started up SAM-e as one of my daily supps.

I see people recommended the brand Jarrow.

Question is why? I realized Jarrow is of high quality but for the sake of my bank account, i have looked around and found this brand

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/doc/same.html

Is Jarrow, as a company, truly that great to reject a product made from another company that is $10 cheaper? I am certain that this companies product are not as high in quality as Jarrow but is there truly a huge difference?

I am purely looking at SAM-e in the eyes of a bulk supplement in order to save money.

Thanks for your input and great thread!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=9087539#post9087539

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by niCe99 View Post
    After reading this thread, i have started up SAM-e as one of my daily supps.

I see people recommended the brand Jarrow.

Question is why? I realized Jarrow is of high quality but for the sake of my bank account, i have looked around and found this brand

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/doc/same.html

Is Jarrow, as a company, truly that great to reject a product made from another company that is $10 cheaper? I am certain that this companies product are not as high in quality as Jarrow but is there truly a huge difference?

I am purely looking at SAM-e in the eyes of a bulk supplement in order to save money.

Thanks for your input and great thread!
    Doctor's Best is a good line as well. They license many products from reputable manufacturers. Also, if you search around you can find Jarrow's SAM-e product for ~$21. The bb.com store doesn't carry a vast array of health oriented supps, or at least the ones I'm interested in so it necessitates buying from other sites. It shouldn't be too difficult to find them but out of repsect for this site I won't name them explicitly.
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Anyone know a good dose for AOR's Curcuim 95? It says to take 1-8 caps, I plan on taking it with Quercetin and Pomegranate so 8 caps I think would be to much.

Per Cap-

Turmeric (Curcuma longa Linn.) Extract (95% Curcuminoids) 500mg *
    Typical Distribution/Distribution type:

Curcumin (diferuloylmethane) 365mg *
    Demethoxycurcumin 80mg *
    Bis-Demethoxycurcumin 10mg *
    Other curcuminoids 20mg *
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=128438981#post128438981

Re-comp/AEN log.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106579071

UNC's 3AD log!!

S.A.N. Fierce Log!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=394225001#post394225001

UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UNCfan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Big ups to Jarrow Formulas. I got a phone call tonight from Grant a rep with Jarrow thanking me for the nice email I sent Dustin the bb.com purchase manager. I been in contact with Dustin about getting more Jarrow/AOR products here. Thought that was really nice of him.

Anyway thoughts on two of Jarrow's new products...Bilayer ALA and NAC sustain?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ja...ustain300.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ja...acsustain.html
    Last edited by UNCfan1; 09-10-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Re-comp/AEN log.

UNC's 3AD log!!

S.A.N. Fierce Log!!

Mike788 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow thanks for the info

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by UNCfan1 View Post
    Big ups to Jarrow Formulas. I got a phone call tonight from Grant a rep with Jarrow thanking me for the nice email I sent Dustin the bb.com purchase manager. I been in contact with Dustin about getting more Jarrow/AOR products here. Thought that was really nice of him.

Anyway thoughts on two of Jarrow's new products...Bilayer ALA and NAC sustain?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ja...ustain300.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ja...acsustain.html
    Interesting. I'll have to take a look to see how they are making it a time released vehicle. Now, if only we could get them to carry Jarrow's mk-7, which I been requesting for the better part of this year. However, I guess the demand isn't high enough to warrant carrying this product.
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Interesting. I'll have to take a look to see how they are making it a time released vehicle. Now, if only we could get them to carry Jarrow's mk-7, which I been requesting for the better part of this year. However, I guess the demand isn't high enough to warrant carrying this product.
    Just noticed a reply and from Factotum .

Yeah I was emailing for the better part of the month. Still nothing as of yet. I need to get back at it. You are right the demand just isn't there and I wish it were because I would love to be able to purchase everything I want from one place at a decent price.

If you found any info on these please post back.

Re-comp/AEN log.

UNC's 3AD log!!

S.A.N. Fierce Log!!

Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doughboy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by UNCfan1 View Post
    Anyone know a good dose for AOR's Curcuim 95? It says to take 1-8 caps, I plan on taking it with Quercetin and Pomegranate so 8 caps I think would be to much.

Per Cap-

Turmeric (Curcuma longa Linn.) Extract (95% Curcuminoids) 500mg *
    Typical Distribution/Distribution type:

Curcumin (diferuloylmethane) 365mg *
    Demethoxycurcumin 80mg *
    Bis-Demethoxycurcumin 10mg *
    Other curcuminoids 20mg *
    Just an fyi AOR has released a newer curcumin product.

Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wozz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supps for capillaries?

Hi,

I've been training for a while and have noticed (when training real hard) particularly when training tri's I get plenty of red dots show up around the muscle which i've been told by a few people are capillaries breaking. 3 or 4 times i've bled from pimples or old scratches when this happens also. I remember some time ago a trainer saying it was due to lacking in a certain vitamin or something, does anyone know if this holds any truth and/or what I should try?

As I said before it doesn't happen often and only when really pushing myself so I havn't seen a doctor about it but it's probably gonna be a good idea if no one has any suggestions.

Cheers

donkeylips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what have you guys found to be the best for weight lose with little muscle mass loss?

Thumbs up

Got some good news via e-mail. BB.com should have some additional AOR products, waiting for the sites to post it. MitoCharger was on the requested products. This info came from Dustin.

Re-comp/AEN log.

UNC's 3AD log!!

S.A.N. Fierce Log!!

andrew902 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good stuff in here

sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjp87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up ubiquinol

Jarrow Ubiquinol 100mg is the best reduced form coq 10 you can buy, i work in a supplement store, ive done enough research and heard enough testimonies.

Primal Defense is kick ass, and and of the kyolics are solid.

taking all that ubiquinol and vitamin C is gonna make your gums extra healthy haha, look it up, can literally cure gingivitis taking that combo

have fun i take a good amount of the same ****, different fish oil though

Originally Posted by SCDiesel23 View Post
    We should have a thread that is geared more towards supplements for overall health rather than just the ergogenic supplements.

After some help from a few great forum members (Peter and chasin) I have come up with, what I feel, is a pretty decent arrangement of supplements that I will order today and begin next week. Please add your contributions to this thread so that we may hopefully have a nice array of ideas and suggestions.

1. Country Life Omega 3 Mood- I picked this because it is manufactured in a cGMP facility, and each serving provides 1,000mg of EPA with only 150mg of DHA, total of 2,000 mg of fish oil coming from sardines and anchovies

2. NOW Ubiquinol- After doing some of my own research and reading some of the testimonials of some individuals on this forum (jkeith, des, cognitivenutrition, etc.) I decided to go with the Kaneka QH reduced Ubiquinol. NOW is a brand that I trust, and NOW provides 100mg of Ubiquinol in 60 softgels.

3. Jarrow Formulas SAMe 400mg- I have previously taken another brand of SAMe @ 800mg per day with great results (positive outlook wise). I am going to begin with 400mg this time, and move it up to 800 and see if I notice any difference. SAMe is rather expensive, so if I can get away with using 400mg a day I would be happy.

4. AOR Advanced B- Complex- chasin provided some great information on this in a few earlier threads discussing the importance of B supplementation when taking SAMe, not to mention all of the other great health benefits that come along with a B-Complex.

5. Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra OR RPN Gut Health- I've spoken about GOL Primal Defense Ultra for years now, I simply love that product and think it is one of the best products I have ever used. Gut Health intrigues me, and while it is extremely unfortunate that it is going out of production, I am sure that it's replacement will be just as good if not better than it's predecessor.

6. Kyolic Garlic Cardiovascular Formula 100- I have taken this for quite a while also. Garlic has purported cardiovascular benefits, along with the known antimicrobial properties.

7. Solaray Oil of Oregano- This can be used topically or internally, I personally drink 5 drops in some water every day for it's antimicrobial properties, as well as to help the probiotic keep any candida at bay.

8. Emergen-C- I am taking this because I have about 30 packs left over.

So there you have it, thoughts and suggestions are appreciated, and please add your own stack if you have one!

fastcamaro777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

supplements

I have found that CLA has worked well for me and it relatively cheap. I read that it doesn't work the same for everyone and sometimes you have to take it for at least a month straight before noticing changes or improvements, but overall for the money I haven't taken anything better than CLA.

vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vendes88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

taking in a few vit caps/tabs at one go

got a question here.

maybe this was asked before but is it okay if i take all my vitamins at one go? at one go as in like finish them in a glass of water but not downing them in one swallow (is this even okay?).

the firsts to go down would be a coated multi vit (B complex, C, E, Zinc) capsule and 600mg of Biotin from GNC

the second: gel-based vitamin E (500 i.u.)

third: gel based 1000mg salmon fish oil

fourth: gingko biloba (in plastic cap)

those are taken in the morning. Later in the night i would consume another 1000mg salmon fish oil and another cap of gingko in one glass of water.

is this...alright?
    Last edited by vendes88; 11-18-2009 at 02:26 AM.
    Life is short, indeed. So, what the heck are you waiting for?

davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) davidl351 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I definitely agree with Dr. P with regards to supplementation. Though there are some micronutrients that are beneficial through supplementation, Dr. P hit the nail on the head when he said that young, active people wouldn't benefit from 'supplements with antioxidant properties' as much as people who have autoimmune deficiences. Two books (out of the handful I've read) that go into depth on this subject are Oxygen: The Molecule That Made the World by Nick Lane and In Defense of food by Michael Pollan.

With that said, here are my dietary supplements...

- Carlson's liquid Omega-3 fish oil - 1 tsp at every meal
    - NSI liquid vitD drops - 2-3x a day
    - Nutrex Astaxanthin - taken 2x a day
    - GNC Multi-Enzyme formula - (taken at my biggest meal, usually breakfast or dinner)
    - Garden of Life RAW Superfoods - taken during breakfast
    - Herb Pharm Brain and Memory Tonic (sage, rosemary, skullcap, gotu kola, gingko) - mixed in 4 oz of water 2x a day
    - Paradise Island Rhodiola - taken 2x a day
    - Supplements Direct GABA - taken on empty stomach 30-45 min before bed
    - NOW ZMA - same as above (I'm still on the ledge on whether I'm going to continue taking this)

I have to include that staples in my diet (I drink a glass of either/and with every meal and sometimes at snack time) are raw milk and kefir and yogurt made from raw milk. I don't have pockets full of cash to spend on dietary supplements, so I concentrate on getting most of my nutrients from my diet.
    Sponsored Muscle Pharm stack log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122828761

My personal journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120486931

-- V DUBBBBB --
    my 2.5 sqeaks louder than your 2.5, silly wabbit.

XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XAU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    anyone using Maca? any feedback?
    "I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan
    ===========================
    Official football (soccer) thread founder
    Cruijffista, Guardiolista, Messista. FC Barcelona DNA
    2010 National Champions: Duke Blue Devils

Registered User trainTilfailure's Avatar
    trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000) trainTilfailure is just really nice. (+1000)
    whens the best time to take a probiotic supplement? i heard on a empty stomach at night is best, but i want to hear more opinions. thanks.

btw on the box, it says just take one daily. doesnt say when

Loves "Whispering Eye's" Achilles_1986's Avatar
    Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Achilles_1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by trainTilfailure View Post
    whens the best time to take a probiotic supplement? i heard on a empty stomach at night is best, but i want to hear more opinions. thanks.

btw on the box, it says just take one daily. doesnt say when
    What product? I usually dose before or after meals. 1-3x a day.