We should have a thread that is geared more towards supplements for overall health rather than just the ergogenic supplements.
After some help from a few great forum members (Peter and chasin) I have come up with, what I feel, is a pretty decent arrangement of supplements that I will order today and begin next week. Please add your contributions to this thread so that we may hopefully have a nice array of ideas and suggestions.
1. Country Life Omega 3 Mood- I picked this because it is manufactured in a cGMP facility, and each serving provides 1,000mg of EPA with only 150mg of DHA, total of 2,000 mg of fish oil coming from sardines and anchovies
2. NOW Ubiquinol- After doing some of my own research and reading some of the testimonials of some individuals on this forum (jkeith, des, cognitivenutrition, etc.) I decided to go with the Kaneka QH reduced Ubiquinol. NOW is a brand that I trust, and NOW provides 100mg of Ubiquinol in 60 softgels.
3. Jarrow Formulas SAMe 400mg- I have previously taken another brand of SAMe @ 800mg per day with great results (positive outlook wise). I am going to begin with 400mg this time, and move it up to 800 and see if I notice any difference. SAMe is rather expensive, so if I can get away with using 400mg a day I would be happy.
4. AOR Advanced B- Complex- chasin provided some great information on this in a few earlier threads discussing the importance of B supplementation when taking SAMe, not to mention all of the other great health benefits that come along with a B-Complex.
5. Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra OR RPN Gut Health- I've spoken about GOL Primal Defense Ultra for years now, I simply love that product and think it is one of the best products I have ever used. Gut Health intrigues me, and while it is extremely unfortunate that it is going out of production, I am sure that it's replacement will be just as good if not better than it's predecessor.
6. Kyolic Garlic Cardiovascular Formula 100- I have taken this for quite a while also. Garlic has purported cardiovascular benefits, along with the known antimicrobial properties.
7. Solaray Oil of Oregano- This can be used topically or internally, I personally drink 5 drops in some water every day for it's antimicrobial properties, as well as to help the probiotic keep any candida at bay.
8. Emergen-C- I am taking this because I have about 30 packs left over.
So there you have it, thoughts and suggestions are appreciated, and please add your own stack if you have one!