Nerdiboii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Madcow's , rippetoe's and bill starr's for strenght or for mass ?

Hello there !

I heard that Madcow's workout ( and the others ) were great for beginners .
    But is more for strenght or for mass. Because i want to gain mass . I've been doing 6 months of " ghetto workout " and 2 months of gym ( huge waste of time because i did a split and didnt gain anything ... ) and since 2009 has started i wanted to start fresh this year.

so are these workout great for mass ? or are there better workouts for mass ?
    I'm also planning to use supplements this year ( Cell Mass and Protein powder )
    but waiting for a workout first.

thanks

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good Beginner Programs:

Starting Strength Novice Program - AKA "Rippetoe's". Countless trainees have gotten their start on this program (including myself) and made impressive size and strength gains. Associated with the program is a best-selling book, a huge support community and a massive amount of supplementary information. This is my favorite recommendation of the bunch.

Natural2's Advice for Beginners - Great advice for beginners, with beginner workout templates

A Simple Beginners Routine by All Pro - A beginner program designed by All Pro, arguably one of the most knowledgable posters on the forum.

Beginner Routines by Iron Addict - A collection of beginner routines by Iron Addict. One of the top trainers on the net.

How to Construct Your Own Workout Routine by Steven Low - A simple guide to programming your own routine, lots of useful information, sample routines and links to other programs too.

Official 'Brawn' Basic layout/strategy/guide - Can't go wrong with this setup either. Stuart McRobert is a highly regarded trainer and author of one of the all-time best weight training series of books.

Practical Starting Routines for The Drug-Free Trainee - A good basic full body hypertrophy workout. Tons of great supplementary advice too.

The Real Arnold Schwarzenegger Beginner Programs - These are the same routines Arnold got started on. Nuff said!

MadCow's Starr/Pendlay 5x5 - Tried and true but geared toward intermediate weight lifters. Lots of great info and links here as well.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HATETANK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strength training is great for putting on size. I used to believe that you trained for one or the other, until I started training solely for strength. Now I use a westside style workout and have made very nice size gains.
    AAS/TRT Forums @ www.muscle-labs.com

"Scottish by birth, American by law - a Highlander by the grace of God."

So a workout like this :

5*5 - Bench press
    5*5 - Military press
    5*5 - Lat Pull down
    5*5 - Leg presses
    5*5 - Deadlifts

Would build up mass or does a workout like this :

3*10 Bench press
    3*10 Military press
    3*10 Lat Pull down
    3*10 Leg presses
    3*10 Deadlifts

would ?

( i can't squats because i have a weird spine problem or something and it makes it worse , so i replaced it with leg presses )

HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000) HamMach1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm just starting Starr's Intermediate 5x5 program. I'm super excited to get this **** moving. The first week has been very easy, but, apparently, it kicks you in the ass around week 3-4 and on. I'm only on my second day.

Sure, I'm looking to get bigger, but I'd much rather have the strength first and worry about looks later... but that's just because I'm a weak turdling so I don't really have much to sacrafice lol.
    But I heard you give your favorite producer
    head in trade for his creative juices.

USAF

Hehe cool for you , but i want mass first and strenght later .

when you train for mass you also get a bit of strenght also right ...

tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10) tchudt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    read the links posted above, read the stickies on rippetoes and read the diet for skinnies, google "rippetoes results", do your research thoroughly before you commit the next 4 months to a program; buy the book if your going to invest the next 4 months of your life to a program.

i found this during my research before i started.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=923892

I did try to search on google image but couldn't find anything.

Oh i guess i'll just give it a try for 3 months and see if i can gain anything.

Thanks