red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10)

So sleepy after morning workout

I just switched my workout up this week. Two mornings a week I am doing my cardio at 5 AM and then going back in the evening to lift. I'm hoping this will jumpstart some serious fat loss. Anyways, I went for the first time yesterday morning but was sooooo tired afterwards. I nearly fell asleep driving to work. I did come home immediately & eat breakfast (oatmeal with cinnamon & splenda and an egg protein shake). By the time I got to work at 8 AM I was so drowsy I had to have 2 cups of coffee. But then, of course, I started having heart palpitations due to the caffeine. I never thought I was caffeine sensitive but I haven't had any in so long (years) that I guess I am now. Tips on staying awake after a morning workout?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, honestly some people are just not morning people. I'm one of them. I'd never exercise before work, evenings work well for me.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

nessbrown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Well, honestly some people are just not morning people. I'm one of them. I'd never exercise before work, evenings work well for me.
    I second that.... I lose heaps more weight when I cardio train in the morning, but I am just not a morning person and find I crash and burn witin the first two hours after training if I train in the morning at all (especially cardio).

If I really MUST use mornings to kick start the fat loss then I usually only get up marginally earlier than normal and cycle/walk to work or do a body weight circuit close to/at work. That way the early get up and the exertion not being too full on, helps to adjust (then I slowly ramp things up) but never completely as I just operate better at night.

The other thing to try though, is using fat burners like hydroxycut as they give you a bit more of an energy kick. Try asking for ones at your local supplement store that are strong without causing the heart palpataions (There is a Santori one that is good for that).

I hope you find something that works for you and you get that energy your after! Best of Luck!!

nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm a long time morning workout person. I definitely find that, at times, I'm more tired at 8AM than I was at 5. One thing I found that works for me - I get to work at 8AM and I immediately have a cup of regular tea. That seems to do it. I don't ingest any other caffeine during the day (I don't like coffee) but I found that the one cup of tea keeps my eyes from drooping. Other than that, it just takes getting used to.

Good luck!
    Hi, my name is Ellen, and I'm a peanut butter addict...

I do this because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Morning cardio surpresses my appetite. I could go 3 hours w/o eating. Up by 4 am, work out to a fitness dvd, get ready for work and drive in. It was 7 am before I was eating.

It sounds like maybe you need something before you head home because your body is 'crashing.'

Can you grab a handful of almonds? or whey drink? I think adjusting your meals maybe neccessary if you are tanking that hard. You are much lighter body weight than me, so you have less fat reserve. In my inexpert opinion, you feel the activity much harder than I would. Try adjusting your meals a bit.