franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Macro Issues - How to add more protein and stay in calories...

So after a back injury I'm getting back into the swing of things. I started with my basic routine of cardio for 30 minutes 4-5 times a week. I've split my weights into Monday & Thursday: Back, chest, biceps, triceps. Tuesday & Friday legs. I think that is good for now, I'm in week 4 of getting back to working out. 5'4" 140lbs

I'm having issues with the food. I know I need more protein, I'm just stumped at the moment on how I should get more protein in my diet. I guess add more chicken or protein powder, both turn me off lately. I currently rotate my proteins with tuna(canned which I hate) tuna (raw which I LOVE) shrimp(cooked) chicken breast, lean ground beef, turkey burgers (prepackaged Jenni-o uncooked), tilapia, salmon.

Here is a normal day. Breakfast, protein powder, humus are the same EVERY day. So is a glass of wine. I know 'bad, bad' but I'm not trying to compete

So here is my day today, which is also a typical day:
    2c Coffee with 2% Milk and Sugar

breakfast - 3 egg whites, 2 slices ham (from the deli, thin sliced), 1 roma tomato, 1/2c oats with raisins and cinnamon ( not the prepackaged, no sugar).

Morning snack: Granny Smith Apple, 2tbsp peanut butter

Lunch: 1 Jennie-O Lean Turkey Burger, 1c Fresh Express Iceberg Garden, 1tsp. wishbone Light Italian Salad Dressing, 1 cup Del Monte Cut Green Beans, Yam Pattie (the yam patty is just a cut frozen version of a fresh yam - nothing added)

Afternoon snack: Sabra Humus With Sun Dried Tomatoes, 10 Baby Carrots Raw

Dinner: 1c Quinoa (cooked in chicken broth, FF, low sodium) 1Chicken Breast
    dinner (baked blackening seasoning, pam spray) Roma Tomato with 1/4 c spinach mixed into quinoa

Muscle Milk (chocolate) 1 scoop, short time after afternoon snack.

1 glass of white wine(96cals), some times red(125cals), sometimes 2 glasses

These totals include one glass of white wine. My percentages for today are 48.77 carbs, 26.01 protein, 25.23fat.
    Totals: calories: 1,475 Fat43g Cholest181mg Sodium2,042mg carbs187g sugars57g fiber27g protein100g

My calories are low, I know I need more. What would you guys suggest? Any help is appreciated.

_Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1c of quinoa has 636 calories. I'd def try cutting that to 1/4 or 1/2 cup and adding more chicken or another protein in it's place. Also cottage cheese is good for getting in protein without a lot of added calories.
    Do or do not, there is no try.

franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) franniecd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1c raw would have that many calories. 1c cooked has 222(+/-). I do eat CC sometimes, it just gets old real fast, lol. The CC would be good before bed, yes?

Thanks btw! : )

I'm still trying to get chicken from dinner down.. It is funny how much the clean calories take to get down, as opposed to a nice juicy burger LOL!

_Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10) _Bethany_ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by franniecd View Post
    1c raw would have that many calories. 1c cooked has 222(+/-). I do eat CC sometimes, it just gets old real fast, lol. The CC would be good before bed, yes?

Thanks btw! : )

I'm still trying to get chicken from dinner down.. It is funny how much the clean calories take to get down, as opposed to a nice juicy burger LOL!
    lol der, i just quickily looked up quinoa on my calorie counter website and didn't stop to see how it was measure. cottage cheese does get old, i eat a 1/2c every day and kind of just gulp it down now bc i'm to lazy to go find something else haha. you could do a burger with lean ground beef on whole wheat once and a while for a change.
    Do or do not, there is no try.

Yeah, sometimes the calories can be way off from what they should be. On myplate.com some of the values are really off because of the way people insert the products. I saw 600+ for quinoa and thought 'OMG WHAT DID I DO!!' lol

I'm trying http://www.nutritiondata.com/ in addition to myplate, just to look up values.

I usually defrost some raspberries and add it into the CC when I need something zesty! No sugar, its really tart. My husband makes me laugh when I offer him a bite, so sour LOL!

I'm going to work a beef burger in this week. The turkey patties made into burgers are just depressing. :-P

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd get at least 140g protein, so 40g more (which is only 160 calories), and bump total calories to at least 1600, you may need 1800. To estimate calories, go to the fat loss section of my website - www.hotnfit.com

I'd replace the muscle milk with a lower fat alternative, for example, Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide (original), and add milk to it. I'd also drop the alcohol, and replace it with complex carbs. Alcohol is useless, empty calories. And it is not helping.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    I'd get at least 140g protein, so 40g more (which is only 160 calories), and bump total calories to at least 1600, you may need 1800. To estimate calories, go to the fat loss section of my website - www.hotnfit.com
    Your website said 1763 calories, that is doable. Thanks!

Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    I'd replace the muscle milk with a lower fat alternative, for example, Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide (original), and add milk to it. I'd also drop the alcohol, and replace it with complex carbs. Alcohol is useless, empty calories. And it is not helping.
    I have no problem replacing the MM. I usually use water, and drink fast to get it over with. I'll check out the one you recommended. I guess I should add a little milk to my diet, not just from my coffee.

The wine does help though! It helps my mood!

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, more food will help the mood too. Maybe use the wine more as a treat, like 2 glasses/week.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom