Closed Thread
Page 309 of 309 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309
Results 9,241 to 9,262 of 9262
    Purveyor of Hip-Hop bob_the_damaja's Avatar
    bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bilaba70 View Post
    Would appreciate the invite too/10
    Check your PM inbox.
    If it don't touch my soul then I can't listen to it.

deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bilaba70 View Post
    Would appreciate the invite too/10
    PMed you one dude.

deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deskcon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bob_the_damaja View Post
    Various Artists: The Kajmere Sound, Volume 1
    Thanks Bob. I am liking the sound of the sample videos , gonna grab this one. Welcome back dude. I was pissed when I saw you were banned, was thinking of removing this site from my bookmarks and buying my supplements elsewhere.

Side Note: You mentioned Jeff Baraka's LP as being your favorite from last year. On first listen, I disagreed pretty hard. Flash-forward a couple of months, I have listened to it a number of times and it is easily in the best hip hop album of 2011 conversation. As always thanks for pointing us to good music.

TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheMatador101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tricky indeed. Five Finger Discount has a 500.00MB bounty on it on what.cd that hasn't been filled in over a year, so I doubt its out there.

I found this website which looked promising:

but the download link provided looks like it links to an album by DZA called Five Finger Discount.

Couldn't find the AudioPharmacy CD floating around on any blogs, but grabbed it off of What for ya.

Here's it is:

Also, thanks for the kind words.
    thanks man how difficult is it to get a what account? and i ended up finding the flying lotus mix on soundcloud sometimes i cant be patient and wait to see what you guys have to say because i think ill forget about it

bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000) bob_the_damaja is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by deskcon View Post
    Thanks Bob. I am liking the sound of the sample videos , gonna grab this one. Welcome back dude. I was pissed when I saw you were banned, was thinking of removing this site from my bookmarks and buying my supplements elsewhere.

Side Note: You mentioned Jeff Baraka's LP as being your favorite from last year. On first listen, I disagreed pretty hard. Flash-forward a couple of months, I have listened to it a number of times and it is easily in the best hip hop album of 2011 conversation. As always thanks for pointing us to good music.
    Theres a bunch of good songs on that Kajmere record. Unfortunately there's some songs that are like female neo-soulish tunes that aren't that great imo, but there's definitely some gems in there.

Glad you came around on that O-Type Star album. I first heard of him off of KGB on Masters of the Universe which he's okay on. Then I heard him on Thoughts Take Flight which was also included on One Be Lo's mixtapes and I really dug his verse on that track so I checked out his other work. I really dig his flow; he sounds kind of like Del and Common mixed together in my opinion.

I think the Driving Songs album suffers a little bit from its breadth; if he cut it down to maybe like 12-15 tracks it would have been even better. Even so, I still maintain its probably my favorite hip hop record of 2011. Great guest spots from Common, Slug, Juice and Binary Star and great production from No ID (taught Kanye how to produce) and Hi-Tek. It perfectly captures Chicago's flavor of hip-hop, a flavor which I feel has kind of been woefully underrepresented as of late.

I like most of the tracks on the album, but I keep going back to Soul Oasis. Love the picture he paints in that one.

Originally Posted by TheMatador101 View Post
    thanks man how difficult is it to get a what account? and i ended up finding the flying lotus mix on soundcloud sometimes i cant be patient and wait to see what you guys have to say because i think ill forget about it
    It used to be more difficult than it currently is because they changed how invites get distributed on the site. You have to be a certain class of user in order to receive invites, and if you are you get 2 a month. I haven't really uploaded anything to the site, so I'm still a basic user and don't get any invites. The first time you donate to the site you get 2 invites, but I already used both of mine. One I gave to a member of this forum, the other I gave to my brother.

I got my invite from someone on the DC++ network that we had going at my University, so I'm not really sure the best way to go about getting one online.

pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablo86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anyone have khrysis- funkwhatuheard

CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CircaV12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It used to be more difficult than it currently is because they changed how invites get distributed on the site. You have to be a certain class of user in order to receive invites, and if you are you get 2 a month. I haven't really uploaded anything to the site, so I'm still a basic user and don't get any invites. The first time you donate to the site you get 2 invites, but I already used both of mine. One I gave to a member of this forum, the other I gave to my brother.

I got my invite from someone on the DC++ network that we had going at my University, so I'm not really sure the best way to go about getting one online.
    DC++ lolz, brings back good memories ha

Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50) Radiofiend will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone got the new Sene's album BrooklynKnight?

FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FS2 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the umpteenth time Bob...
    check out the 5 o clock shadowboxers here: http://5oclockshadowboxers.bandcamp.com/

Future orthopedic surgeon SeanBB's Avatar
    SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000) SeanBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome back Bob!
    "Modric is an outstanding player and in my opinion he is at this time one of the best midfielders in the world." - Ancelotti

"You watch the game, you don't see Busquets, you watch Busquets you see the whole Game." - Del Bosque

Theres a bunch of good songs on that Kajmere record. Unfortunately there's some songs that are like female neo-soulish tunes that aren't that great imo, but there's definitely some gems in there.

Glad you came around on that O-Type Star album. I first heard of him off of KGB on Masters of the Universe which he's okay on. Then I heard him on Thoughts Take Flight which was also included on One Be Lo's mixtapes and I really dug his verse on that track so I checked out his other work. I really dig his flow; he sounds kind of like Del and Common mixed together in my opinion.

I think the Driving Songs album suffers a little bit from its breadth; if he cut it down to maybe like 12-15 tracks it would have been even better. Even so, I still maintain its probably my favorite hip hop record of 2011. Great guest spots from Common, Slug, Juice and Binary Star and great production from No ID (taught Kanye how to produce) and Hi-Tek. It perfectly captures Chicago's flavor of hip-hop, a flavor which I feel has kind of been woefully underrepresented as of late.

I like most of the tracks on the album, but I keep going back to Soul Oasis. Love the picture he paints in that one.

I had my mp3 player on random for months. I like the pretty much everything from Subterranous Label (OneBeLo, Decompoze, Binary Star and Senim Silla are all on my player). I currently have so much OneBeLo/Labor stuff, and I kept hearing "Thoughts Take Flight" thinking it was only on the OneBeLo disc (even though Jeff mentions himself by name on his verse). I thought Hard Knock University (which I feel is dope) was Lo as well. Then I randomly looked at my player and saw it was O-Type. At that point, I set my player to just play that album and it was all I was listening to for a couple of weeks. At which point I realized I liked a lot of songs on there and a handful I had assumed were someone else's tracks. Serves me right for not giving the album it a proper listen the first time around.

I'd be highly interested in a top 5/top 10 list for 2011 from you (if you keep track of that sort of thing).

Originally Posted by deskcon View Post
    I'd be highly interested in a top 5/top 10 list for 2011 from you (if you keep track of that sort of thing).
    A lot of stuff I download without knowing what year it came out in, so without a comprehensive list of albums / mixtapes that came out last year, I know I'll forget something that should be on this list, but here goes:

Note: There were some dope remix projects in '11 (Fela Soul, Black Gold: Hendrix vs. Wu-tang), but I'm limiting the list to original albums only.

1. Driving Songs Vol. 1 - Jeff Baraka (O-Type Star)

2. Bumpy Knuckles (Freddie Foxxx) and Statik Selektah - Lyrical Workout

3. Highlighter - People Under the Stairs

4. Rock Creek Park - Oddisee

5. Elmatic - Elzhi

6. Black Up - Shabazz Palaces

7. CunninLynguists - Oneirology

8. Golden Age - Del the Funky Homosapien

9. Undun - The Roots
    [stupid image limit]

10. Temple of Doom - DJ Doom
    [stupid image limit]

Honorable Mentions:
    One Be Lo - LABOR, Pharaoh Monch - W.A.R., Large Professor and Neek the Exotic - Still on the Hustle

Spent more time working that out than I probably should have, especially because tomorrow I'll want to change it all up.

Spent more time working that out than I probably should have, especially because tomorrow I'll want to change it all up.
    Dope. Thanks for putting in the work on that. Glad to see Oddisee, The Roots, CunninLynguists and Elzhi on there. I am going to have to grab bumpy knuckles. I've already DLed People Under The Stairs, Del The Funky Homosapien, Shabazz but haven't listened to them. Dont know that I have ever hear of Temple of Doom, I'll have to grab that too.

All,

I know Bob is our #1 source here, but I always love seeing people's top 10, so if anyone else has something to throw out there. . .

I am sure they have been posted previously, however since I am grabbing them and already here:

Bumpy Knuckles (Freddie Foxxx) and Statik Selektah - Lyrical Workout

Temple of Doom - DJ Doom

ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A lot of stuff I download without knowing what year it came out in, so without a comprehensive list of albums / mixtapes that came out last year, I know I'll forget something that should be on this list, but here goes:

[just look up to see what he wrote -.-]
    nice to see you reppin this thread as usual ^.^. i'm surprised you didn't put Rashad & Confidence - The Element Of Surprise on that list though album was straight classic imho, every track was dope as ****

for those who missed it (i think bob posted it when i dropped not sure)

could literately post the entire album.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g6j2yejpo4mwlht

ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ukdon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think someone posted some Illogic in this thread awhile ago and it had some positive replies so here's his new track
    "from the upcoming collaboration between Illogic and Aaron Evans called Unbeaten Paths: The Dove Ink Sessions"

http://illogic.bandcamp.com/album/un...e-ink-sessions

Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gunbuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Sene - Brooklyknight

TRACKLIST:
    01. The Feel Real (Feat. Sly5thave.)
    02. Brooklyknight (Feat. Jay Jennings)
    03. Spoiled Rotten Apples
    04. Backboards (Feat. Blu)
    05. Footprints
    06. Time!
    07. Holyday (Feat. Denitia Odigie)
    08. Cult Classic
    09. Artificial Family (Feat. Scienze & Co$$)
    10. We Are Couleurs (Feat. Soul Khan)
    11. It's Been Said (Feat. Jay Jennings)
    12. The Fortunate Passport
    13. Music Man

http://www.mediafire.com/?cyx4d3bk922le3x

Originally Posted by ukdon View Post
    nice to see you reppin this thread as usual ^.^. i'm surprised you didn't put Rashad & Confidence - The Element Of Surprise on that list though album was straight classic imho, every track was dope as ****
    Yeah I thought about including it. I really enjoyed the album when it came out, but haven't given it as many spins as I probably should have. I could definitely see it cracking the top 10 on a different day though.

Yeah I thought about including it. I really enjoyed the album when it came out, but haven't given it as many spins as I probably should have. I could definitely see it cracking the top 10 on a different day though.
    fair play ^-^

for those interested B.O.B's album has leaked..

Tracklist:
    01 – Bombs Away Feat. Morgan Freeman
    02 – Ray Bands
    03 – So Hard To Breath
    04 – Both Of Us Feat. Taylor Swift
    05 – Strange Clouds Feat. Lil Wayne
    06 – So Good
    07 – Play For Keeps
    08 – Arena Feat. Chris Brown & T.I.
    09 – Out Of My Mind Feat. Nicki Minaj
    10 – Never Let You Go Feat. Ryan Tedder
    11 – Chandelier
    12 – Circles
    13 – Just A Sign Feat. Playboy Tre
    14 – Castles Feat. Trey Songz
    15 – Where Are You

http://rapidgator.net/file/8131038/w...2012).rar.html

Originally Posted by ukdon View Post
    Rashad & Confidence - The Element Of Surprise

All those samples sound good, not sure how I missed this one too. Grabbing this now. Thx.

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    please restart this thread
    I wish everyone the best in achieving your goals