Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bruce lee

bullworker1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by qwertyui213 View Post
    Honestly, any book or article which claims to tell you Bruce Lee's exact training regimen is most likely full of ****. I know he developed and altered his training style over the years, had a whole library full of books about human anatomy and exercise mechanics, and experimented with a lot of different things.

The things which most people agree on are that he had a big emphasis on sprinting / running, he used a bullworker and isometrics as well as calisthenics and free weights (injured his back badly doing Good Mornings at one point) and focused a lot on conditioning specific to his needs as a martial artist - finger and grip strengthening exercises, technique practice, Chi Sao, etc.

He also apparently stuck to an incredibly clean diet, made his own health drinks and so on, but if you're looking for his actual split, then you're pretty much out of luck
    I'm just curious, what are your qualifications that make you the Bruce Lee expert? Are you also including you the book -- the art of expressing the human body by Bruce Lee and John little?

I do agree with you on the fact that Bruce Lee's training program changed and evolved that was clearly noted in his book mentioned above.

What I have gathered from my Bruce Lee research, is that his philosophy was -- "use what works throwout what doesn't work"

So in keeping with that philosophy; it is obvious that Bruce Lee's training program would continue to evolve. The knowledge that he put into his training program was based on 1970s research of exercise physiology. Today, there has been new research and medical studies that shown more effective ways of training. That doesn't make what Bruce Lee did a incorrect it... just means that now there are better ways of exerciseing

Although Bruce Lee was ahead of his time in the fact that he utilized his own -- high-intensity interval training -- in fact most of his workouts utilized circuit training. He felt is was most effective way to achieve the strength goals that he wanted. (In my opinion)

Unlike most individuals today he wasn't all about what system or one -- "Ism."

Unfortunately today many individuals adopt one system of training and believe that that is the end-all be-all. It was the same way when Brazilian jujitsu was introduced into United States. No one believed that a grappling art would be superior to a kicking and punching art.

Yet, what has mixed martial arts shown us?

Just my two cents. No insults intended
    Last edited by bullworker1; 03-12-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling

zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hgainer8 View Post
    I totally agree

god dam imagine having no martial art training what so ever and fighting mike...

eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50) eggnog631 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    linda lee admitted to bruce juicing. i loled.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112551481

that is why im red, read before u call me out on it.

240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I herd he use to juice and smoke a lot of weed.

swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swearujacked is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A lot of tht **** it so exaggerated, but at the same time Bruce Lee was insanely good. One inch punch is legit, find someone who is decent at it and have them try it on you.

ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000)

That's insane.

Deadly_Punk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Now thats FACT!!
    "Relax. Failing isn't something I do" - Lex Luthor

KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10) KillerEwok is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by crypt0d View Post

He has performed 50 one armed pull ups. Only using one arm.

Generally one armed pullups involve one arm

plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10) plAythiNG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KillerEwok View Post
    Generally one armed pullups involve one arm
    True that LMAO\!