Closed Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sup WD brahs! Been a while but glad to see the bro's haven't shut this thread down.

Originally Posted by Trakada View Post
    Hello fellow WD-ers!

I just finished reading the book and realized I was already for 75% on this lifestyle (I pref. this over diet) for some time now.. Now I know what to do and what I need to change during the day.

I do however have a question regarding pre workout shakes. I use(d) Gaspari's Superpump Max for over a year now and have had great results with it. I recently bought N.O. pump from Francis Benfatto to see how this stuff works.
    But does this stack with WD? If I understood it correctly, I am boosting all anabolic activities in my body to make sure I got enough power for my empty stomach workouts. Would these pre work shakes boost it through the roof or over the top?

And did any of you change your supplements during the day? eg BCAA, Omega's, Vit. etc.?

Please share your thoughts with me.
    What do you mean "through the roof"? Insulin and GH/Testosterone are antagonistic hormones so any carbohydrate and high dose of protein/amino acids is going to elevate insulin, thus lower GH/T so you may be "less anabolic" by definition. However, the degree to which this occurs is essentially irrelevant. It comes down to how strictly you want to follow the diet. If you like the energy that your N.O drink provides go for it. Does that answer your question or am I off the mark?

Trakada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BlueFenix13S View Post
    Sup WD brahs! Been a while but glad to see the bro's haven't shut this thread down.

What do you mean "through the roof"? Insulin and GH/Testosterone are antagonistic hormones so any carbohydrate and high dose of protein/amino acids is going to elevate insulin, thus lower GH/T so you may be "less anabolic" by definition. However, the degree to which this occurs is essentially irrelevant. It comes down to how strictly you want to follow the diet. If you like the energy that your N.O drink provides go for it. Does that answer your question or am I off the mark?
    It does answer my question yes, thank you very much. I was thinking the same thing, I just wanted to make sure my way of thinking was correct. The thing I have to decide is, do I want the extra pump/energy or do I go for the higher GH/Testo state. And since I got more power and will push my body harder WITH Pre-WO shakes, would that increase my GH/Testo again..

Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in to my third day of switching to this lifestyle, I'm looking to lose weight and have been an avid trainer for 2 years now, lifting and cardio, I train 5x a week, mostly cardio with some lifting thrown in.

I basically go to the gym every lunch time at work and do either a 45 minute weight session or 45 minute cardio (generally 20 min run, 20 min bike or elipptical 5 min hitting a punch bag).

My problem has always been I would binge eat at night. During the day I would eat well and balanced then I would come home and have a fairly healthy dinner, at around 11pm however I would be craving food. I think this is a throw back to my days of smoking, before I go to bed I always feel I need to eat some thing as I used to have a cig around that time.

Any how I've known about the warrior diet for a while but didn't think I could train on an empty stomach and if I'm honest I'm still not convinced I can.

My day is as follows:

8:30am Wake up.

10am Drink cup of green tea with lemon.

12:30pm go to the gym

2:00pm eat two carrots and 1 stick of cellerey

4:00pm more green tea and apple

5:00pm cup of black coffee (as I'm feeling fatigued at this point and have a 1 hour drive home) - no milk / sugar.

7:00pm - eat green salad, with a bit of cheese and egg (only eat this towards the end so that I've consumed a lot of fresh veg before hand).

7.30pm (several days a week I go and do boxing at 8pm, so on these days I was planning on eating my meal at 9:10 pm after I return from the gym) - eat main meal consiting of veg/protein/fat/carbs - I won't touch the carbs until I've eaten the veg.

10.30pm - if I'm feeling hungry some wholemeal bread with ham / cottage cheese.

Okay now on to some questions, if any one can help I would be most appreciative:

1) The main meal at the end is great, however is such a long gap (3 hours) between the main meal and that sandwhich okay though? I know you have a 4 hour window, but can it be spaced that far apart from when you begin?

2) I'm feeling like I have no energy come the work out, I'm not sure if this is because my body is still adjusting or whether I should eat say an apple before my work out?

Generally speaking my warm up is excruciating and then the run on the treadmill is bareable, although I struggle more noticeably than I did say last week on it. Any high intensity work outs such as interval or lifting is a different matter however and my performance in these workouts is pathetic, it seems getting that burst of energy is difficult when I'm in this state, which seems to contradict what the book is telling me how I should feel (nervous, on edge but with a lot of energy).

3) The usual, alcohol. Tomorrow is St Patricks day, and I'm getting together with my cousins to celebrate that bit of Mick in us, generally speaking this is an all day session, but I've made an excuse up not to go out until 8pm ish, after my meal.

I know it's all good drinking after eating but am I okay to drink a sh!t ton of alcohol here ?! :P I would suspect not and expect to see it hamper any progress, but I'm probably just hoping to hear some one say "yeah drink what ever the hell u like, because your body is in such and such a state it will sort it out" - again I know this is wishful thinking, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

4) Regarding the boxing, am I right to eat my salad before boxing, or should I just eat an apple and wait to eat the salad before my main meal after it? Alternativley, I've considered having some carbs here, maybe in the form of dextrose, just before my boxing, would this have any detromental effect on my cycle, or would the fact I'm about to have a work out negegate this?

Any ways, thanks for any responses in advance, other than my weakness during training I definitley could maintain this, it's far more suited to me.
    Last edited by Maasu; 03-16-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    Current Aim: Plyometrics + Cardio / Muay Thai training.

Old Keto / Allpro Beginner routine Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134301701

tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I do mma and started WD a week ago. Problem is that I start training at 6.30 pm, finish around 8 pm, then after 30 minutes I drink MP recon, then I got home and drink a little bit of whey protein, then I don't want to eat anything until 11-12 pm, then I eat my big meal, then I don't feel good in the morning(discomfort in the stomach).
    What to do, guys ?

friff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got a question. I just started the warrior diet on friday. I read up on it as much as I can through the internet (didn't read the book). After 2 days my weight actually went up 4 pounds. is this normal? this is what my day/diet normally consist of:

1030am-wake up: no food

1100am-1130am- cardio/ medium paced

100pm- start of undereating phase: about 1/4 cup of frozen grapes or an apple and green tea

500pm- 1/4 cup frozen grapes or an apple

1000pm- workout- lifting or more cardio

1100pm- a scoop of whey (only on days i lift)

1130pm-100am- overeating phase: 3 cups of spinach/ half an avacado, 16oz of poultry/ cup and a half of broccoli, 1/3 cup of brown rice and 4 ounces of chicken, then about 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese with 1/4 cup of almonds. I am full after this and usually go to bed about an hour later.

I just wanted some input as to why my weight is going to the other end of the spectrum.

acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    so its optimal not to eat anything (nuts/fruits etc) during the 20hr fast?

tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100) tim8310 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by friff View Post
    1100pm- a scoop of whey (only on days i lift)
    protein after workout ?? you need carbs man first!

Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500)
    This diet works i believe it!.

Lost 4-5 pounds in 2 weeks.

Another aspect i think it somehow plays around with my hormones. I notice that when i eat in the afternoon, i will feel lazy and unmotivated afterwards.

Versus

Fasting throughout the day and then eating a large meal at night.

Interdasting... must be the warrior instinct.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jack612blue View Post
    Another aspect i think it somehow plays around with my hormones.
    That's 100% what this diet is about.

Great results!
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    That's 100% what this diet is about.

Great results!
    Oh cool!

bobrockjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Warrior Diet Newbie

I am 46 yrs. old and have been overweight most of my life. I have a muscular frame and for a long time I've carried probably 50-60 lbs of extra weight (fat). I have tried many diets and have had little success. Mostly because I wasn't ready to take my health seriously, but some of these diets were ridiculous and difficult to follow. On January 2 of this year I weighed 315 lbs (6' 2") and I decided to make a commitment to my overall health. I joined a gym and started eating healthier meals. Since I was born with a muscular frame and felt intrigued by weight lifting I made heavy lifting part of my morning routine. I also did some reading that if you use weight training in cooperation with Cardio/vascular training you can exponentially increase fat loss. Adding muscle has enormous benefits for health and physique and I truly enjoy it (much more than Cardio. heh).

My weight training routine consists of a 45-50 minute session x 5 days (resting completely on weekends). Chest and Triceps on Monday and Thursday, Back and Biceps on Tuesday and Friday. Wednesday is for Legs and shoulders. I use heavy weight and low reps (usually 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps). My Cardio workout initially consisted of 40-50 minutes on a recumbent bike at approx. 66% BMI. I was also eating 5 small (300 c. each) per day. I didn't worry about what I ate...just that I ate between 1500-1800 calories per day. I did make sure I was eating 180+g Protein and kept my diet as 45% p., 40% c. & 15% f. (mostly dairy).

At the end of April I weighed 290 (25lbs. loss). I experienced huge muscle gain, as well as significant fat loss (dropped pant size from 42 to 38) over the first 4 months of the year.

I am amazed on how much better I feel. However, I am looking to mix things up a bit and accelerate the fat loss process if possible. I Googled fat loss diets and the Warrior diet came up. I was intrigued and started the diet this past Monday. I haven't finished the book yet, but have done a lot of reading (newsgroups and reviews mostly). Before I started I used to get my cardio workout in before lifting weights...but after doing some reading it appears to be more beneficial doing the heavy lifting first. That was my first change. I also shortened by cardio workout to no more than 30 minutes.

I am looking for some advice re: my current diet and workout routine as it relates to the WD:

Exercise:
    Monday & Thursday 4:30 AM
    Lifting 40-50 minutes (90 sec. between reps, 2 minutes between sets)
    Chest (flat, incline and decline bench press, dumbell press and flys)
    Triceps (vertical & flat tricep pulldowns, dumbells)
    Cardio - 20-30 minutes 80-85% BMI (Life Fitness Elliptical level 4)

Wednesday 4:30 AM
    Lifting 45 minutes
    Legs (Leg press, squats, quad, hamstring & calf machine)
    Shoulders (military press, dumbell press, shoulder shrug)

Tuesday & Friday 4:30 AM
    Lifting 40-50 minutes
    Back (Lat pulldowns, seated row, dumbell one arm row back, dead lift)
    Biceps (straight bar curls, dumbell alternate arm curl, concentration curl)

Saturday & Sunday Rest

Diet:

Post workout 6:00 AM (Muscle Tech Nitro Isolate Whey Protein..310 c. 65g p.)
    10:00 AM - Small tangerine or Apple. 1 serving Beef Jerky
    2:00 PM - Celery, cucumber or carrot sticks. 1 serving Beef Jerky
    6:00 PM - Medium bowl salad (lettuce, cucumber, onion, celery, 1oz sharp cheddar cheese), 10-12 oz. grilled chicken breast w/ green beans, 1-2 servings lite cottage cheese or 2 small red skin potatoes. Desert is two servings of sugar free pudding w/sugar free cool whip. I am not obsessing about calorie count anymore, but I am guessing I intake roughly 1,500-2,000 daily. I am usually in bed before 9:00 PM and eat nothing after my main meal.

So far I have lost 4 lbs. this week and feel GREAT. I have more energy and rarely feel hungry (except dinner time). I would appreciate anyone who has knowledge of the WD offering advice on if I am following the diet correctly or if any changes are needed. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bobrockjr; 05-05-2012 at 01:43 PM.

billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I'm on day three of this diet, and enjoying the feasts. Got a bit lightheaded today, but just put one foot in front of the other til I was home, and let rip.
    Hope I get more accustomed soon.
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." Buddha

"I keep an untame animal in my closet, and when I am down, I use my last remaining strength to set it free - for I know that it can take me where I myself fear to go."

billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) billy4184 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Maasu View Post
    I'm in to my third day of switching to this lifestyle, I'm looking to lose weight and have been an avid trainer for 2 years now, lifting and cardio, I train 5x a week, mostly cardio with some lifting thrown in.

I basically go to the gym every lunch time at work and do either a 45 minute weight session or 45 minute cardio (generally 20 min run, 20 min bike or elipptical 5 min hitting a punch bag).

My problem has always been I would binge eat at night. During the day I would eat well and balanced then I would come home and have a fairly healthy dinner, at around 11pm however I would be craving food. I think this is a throw back to my days of smoking, before I go to bed I always feel I need to eat some thing as I used to have a cig around that time.

Any how I've known about the warrior diet for a while but didn't think I could train on an empty stomach and if I'm honest I'm still not convinced I can.

My day is as follows:

8:30am Wake up.

10am Drink cup of green tea with lemon.

12:30pm go to the gym

2:00pm eat two carrots and 1 stick of cellerey

4:00pm more green tea and apple

5:00pm cup of black coffee (as I'm feeling fatigued at this point and have a 1 hour drive home) - no milk / sugar.

7:00pm - eat green salad, with a bit of cheese and egg (only eat this towards the end so that I've consumed a lot of fresh veg before hand).

7.30pm (several days a week I go and do boxing at 8pm, so on these days I was planning on eating my meal at 9:10 pm after I return from the gym) - eat main meal consiting of veg/protein/fat/carbs - I won't touch the carbs until I've eaten the veg.

10.30pm - if I'm feeling hungry some wholemeal bread with ham / cottage cheese.

Okay now on to some questions, if any one can help I would be most appreciative:

1) The main meal at the end is great, however is such a long gap (3 hours) between the main meal and that sandwhich okay though? I know you have a 4 hour window, but can it be spaced that far apart from when you begin?

2) I'm feeling like I have no energy come the work out, I'm not sure if this is because my body is still adjusting or whether I should eat say an apple before my work out?

Generally speaking my warm up is excruciating and then the run on the treadmill is bareable, although I struggle more noticeably than I did say last week on it. Any high intensity work outs such as interval or lifting is a different matter however and my performance in these workouts is pathetic, it seems getting that burst of energy is difficult when I'm in this state, which seems to contradict what the book is telling me how I should feel (nervous, on edge but with a lot of energy).

3) The usual, alcohol. Tomorrow is St Patricks day, and I'm getting together with my cousins to celebrate that bit of Mick in us, generally speaking this is an all day session, but I've made an excuse up not to go out until 8pm ish, after my meal.

I know it's all good drinking after eating but am I okay to drink a sh!t ton of alcohol here ?! :P I would suspect not and expect to see it hamper any progress, but I'm probably just hoping to hear some one say "yeah drink what ever the hell u like, because your body is in such and such a state it will sort it out" - again I know this is wishful thinking, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

4) Regarding the boxing, am I right to eat my salad before boxing, or should I just eat an apple and wait to eat the salad before my main meal after it? Alternativley, I've considered having some carbs here, maybe in the form of dextrose, just before my boxing, would this have any detromental effect on my cycle, or would the fact I'm about to have a work out negegate this?

Any ways, thanks for any responses in advance, other than my weakness during training I definitley could maintain this, it's far more suited to me.
    I am training right before the feast and also get a bit lightheaded (tho I'm very new to the WD). But I found that my BP actually improved yesterday, and other lifts were normal. Warm up was definitely just annoying, but I made up my mind to run by body on willpower and adrenaline, if nothing else, for the workout.

I used to train muay thai every day, and dieted hardcore, and the two generally were not mixable. But that was a big calorie deficit. If you can get enough glucose in your muscles from the one meal, I don't see what should be the problem. If I was you though, I would eat something small before, so I didn't get KO'd by that guy who can't differentiate between training and a real fight.

And warriors never marched into battle on an empty stomach, believe me.

Cheers
    Last edited by billy4184; 05-13-2012 at 03:33 AM.
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." Buddha

"I keep an untame animal in my closet, and when I am down, I use my last remaining strength to set it free - for I know that it can take me where I myself fear to go."

eyesorock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone (women preferably) have any progress photos regarding weight-loss with this diet? I mean, obviously it will do that but I want some details- how much loss? over what period of time? I've researched the diet online after just stumbling upon it but haven't seen many results regarding women. =/ This must mean it's still pretty under-the-radar maybe.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! =]

-Sarah

afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) afrosamurai04 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Question...What's the WD's take on endurance cardio? For myself, I'm a long-distance runner finishing his senior year of cross-country and track and would like to become leaner and stronger. I've been implementing kettle bell swings and hang cleans (alternate days) for my more "explosive" cardio and I workout at least 5x week (sometimes do doubles; running in the morning then weights after later in the day). I tried the WD for 5 days (mon-fri) then on the weekend, the diet plan gets all "screwed up" with my parents making breakfast and us going out for dinner (both saturday and sunday). I try to keep a 12-hour non-eating frame in between breakfast and dinner though...will this somewhat help? Also, when I do my runs in the morning, will I need carbs > protein instead of the other way around for my post-workout? And how about for the "big feast" at night...say I do a 5 mile-run with kettle-bell swings after in the morning; should I eat more protein or carbs during that phase? Will the runs hinder my muscle development? Sorry, I'm a total newb with all the muscle and nutrition stuff, but very interested! Anything helps

Typical WD day:
    7-8am: Wake up
    8am: Run/workout at gym (depending on the day)
    9am: post-workout feed
    10am - 3pm: complete water-fast; drink a lot of tea/water
    4 pm: If feeling up to it, workout again (it's usually weights at this time)
    5pm-7pm: Maybe a glass of milk of need be, but I just like to wait it out until the "feast". The wait feels like the longest two hours of my life!
    7pm-11pm: Overeating phase/"feast"!! Try to go veggies/proteins first then wait a little while (maybe about 1-2 hrs) and have something else again (carbs and fats mostly i.e. PB&J or cereal).

Typical weekend:
    7-8am: Wake up.
    8am-9am (if it's a saturday): Get my "long-run" in.
    9am/10am: Breakfast/brunch (Carb > protein, usually there's eggs and a couple slices of ham to go with the carbs)
    11am/noon-6/7pm: Dinner

Both meals on the weekend are fairly big (not as big as the "feast" on my WD though)...they're usually at least 1,000 kcal to 1,2000 kcal per meal and I try to go light for breakfast since I hate the energy crash I get from it a little while later.
    Last edited by afrosamurai04; 05-20-2012 at 08:59 AM.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by afrosamurai04 View Post
    Question...What's the WD's take on endurance cardio? For myself, I'm a long-distance runner finishing his senior year of cross-country and track and would like to become leaner and stronger. I've been implementing kettle bell swings and hang cleans (alternate days) for my more "explosive" cardio and I workout at least 5x week (sometimes do doubles; running in the morning then weights after later in the day). I tried the WD for 5 days (mon-fri) then on the weekend, the diet plan gets all "screwed up" with my parents making breakfast and us going out for dinner (both saturday and sunday). I try to keep a 12-hour non-eating frame in between breakfast and dinner though...will this somewhat help? Also, when I do my runs in the morning, will I need carbs > protein instead of the other way around for my post-workout? And how about for the "big feast" at night...say I do a 5 mile-run with kettle-bell swings after in the morning; should I eat more protein or carbs during that phase? Will the runs hinder my muscle development? Sorry, I'm a total newb with all the muscle and nutrition stuff, but very interested! Anything helps

Typical WD day:
    7-8am: Wake up
    8am: Run/workout at gym (depending on the day)
    9am: post-workout feed
    10am - 3pm: complete water-fast; drink a lot of tea/water
    4 pm: If feeling up to it, workout again (it's usually weights at this time)
    5pm-7pm: Maybe a glass of milk of need be, but I just like to wait it out until the "feast". The wait feels like the longest two hours of my life!
    7pm-11pm: Overeating phase/"feast"!! Try to go veggies/proteins first then wait a little while (maybe about 1-2 hrs) and have something else again (carbs and fats mostly i.e. PB&J or cereal).

Typical weekend:
    7-8am: Wake up.
    8am-9am (if it's a saturday): Get my "long-run" in.
    9am/10am: Breakfast/brunch (Carb > protein, usually there's eggs and a couple slices of ham to go with the carbs)
    11am/noon-6/7pm: Dinner

Both meals on the weekend are fairly big (not as big as the "feast" on my WD though)...they're usually at least 1,000 kcal to 1,2000 kcal per meal and I try to go light for breakfast since I hate the energy crash I get from it a little while later.
    PM sent
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

ryboto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    PM sent
    I actually have a very similar routine, so maybe I could get in on that PM?...here's my week-
    Monday- @home w/DIY pull up bar, 85lb weighted pull ups/push ups ~100 each, Ring dips, ring rows, 80lb KB swings, other bodyweight exercises, sometimes 3 mile run with GF
    Tuesday- 5-6mile lunch run(sometimes unweighted, other times 3-4 miles w/15 lbs, 1 mile barefoot), run at home with GF, Yoga or some assortment of bodyweight exercises
    Wednesday- 5-6 mile lunch run, Deadlifts/Squats/Muscle ups, 1-2hrs racquetball
    Thursday- 5-6mile lunch run, 1-2hrs racquetball
    Friday- tire sprints 6-8/10 mile dragging a weighted tire on pavement because I don’t have a hill in my backyard, then repeat of Mondays workout-ish
    Saturday- Mountain run, trying for 15-20+ miles with at least 4k elevation gain
    Sunday- either 10-15mile flat run, hike, or rest/play day with the dogs and gf.

So, far, only 2 days into it, I realize that if I eat anything, my stomach wants more. So I'm thinking eventually I'll want to fast all day, or just do a small lunch of 1cup greek yogurt, plus coffee(may switch to decaf) and heavy cream maybe twice a day. I haven't done this yet on a day where I will run, then lift, then do some high intensity work like racquetball. So, I'm worried I'm going to be stressing my body a bit. I also eat only local foods, so berries aren't something I can expect year round.

Joined the forum for discussion on 1 meal a day eating, really love the concept!

Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000) Riggs75 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys, I just came across this thread. I have been intrigued by the whole IF thing and this WD just seems to make even more sense to me. I am seriously considering giving this a try but I want to read the book and finish reading through this thread first.

I have a question and it may have been addressed already but I haven't gotten to it and if so then I apologize. I was wondering though in regards to the order that the food is eaten. Say if I start my feast at 6pm, eat my fruit and some veggies, is there then a time limit I must wait before I eat my protein and then again before my carbs?
    L.E.O.

***Canadian Crew***

Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kelvin_Ke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Finding this thread is a godsend. Tried WD few years ago for a week and loved the energy I felt and how much better food tasted. I read through about 10 pages of this thread and from memory of reading Ori's WD book few years ago - can any tell me how good is my setup/routine below:

7am/wake up - coffee/tea/ and a piece of fruit
    12pm - small portion of nuts, piece of fruit or some raw veggies
    5pm - lift some weights!
    6:30pm - BIG MEAL starting with salad/veggies, then big portion of protein, followed by fats then carbs if I still feel hungry.

Is the above fine?

bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since a big part of warrior diet are the benefits of being in a fasted state, what do you guys think of supplementing your *feasts* with apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Since apparently they help with digestion. So if you digest faster you ultimately go to a fasted state faster.

any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by bodler; 07-26-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Neeve is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tradertrader View Post
    I have been on WD for over 4 years now, have gone off it (manual labour, travel) for periods up to 3 months, then right back to one meal no problem.

Now combine with keto (ckd).

Just skimmed the book again, lead me to browse this thread.

For all the what to eat/drink during the day questions, my approach is lots of water and black coffee, zero food.

I don't follow the meal structure in the book anymore, too complicated. But I will say that I will never go backto training after eating. Even when traveling and eating during the day (like to sample all the food in a place) I find a gym and lif before having food, if I am trying to lift that day.

When cutting, I track calories.

Good luck everyone, no more scavenging,
    very informative, thanks
    what are the benefits of working out without eating any food?
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    ** MISC EMPIRE CREW - Neave @ USA 1**
    ****Now recruiting new soldiers, Sign Up at www.miscempire.com - MAKE SURE you're on the USA 1 server****

fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    whats the reason to eat the veggies first after breaking the fast?
    Fred

xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xanderlam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    satiety and so u dont overeat on caloric dense foods later on i blv

mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000) mainsqueeze530 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anybody shredded doing this? Seems more convenient for me and need to cut down about 10 more lbs.

heaneyboxing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mainsqueeze530 View Post
    Anybody shredded doing this? Seems more convenient for me and need to cut down about 10 more lbs.
    I have been using the warrior diet for the last 10 weeks and had my body fat measured at 7.9% with the bod pod last week. Went from 162lb to 156lb during this time and used a carb cycling approach used in leangains.

USBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This diet is mentally freeing and very enjoyable. I recommend it to anyone looking to lose fat mass.

It's great to not obsess over macro-nutrients and calories while clock-watching for when my next small meal is.

I also recommend buying the book, the author is a very interesting person.

IDC210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    transitioned into this last week, did my first workout (HIIT 100s 6week shred) yesterday and i felt great! full of energy too! i use the modified WD approach where i take whey throughout the day. The great thing about this diet is, you don't have to constantly eat throughout the day saves you ALOT of time! plus your feast can be cooked on the spot (when i multi-cook it takes me about 1hr after working out). i feel that having a freshly cooked meal tastes alot better than something cooked over the weekend and microwaved.

Alphagrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im not looking to body build but this works even if your looking to continue to build muscle and keep your condition? Im ao used to eating throughout the day so much that i feel like im just gonna burn my body of muscle and become small. Im on day 3 not much change but am doubting this is for me. But it feels great but how does it impact muscle growth and overall fitness when training.
    Last edited by Alphagrunt; 01-10-2013 at 09:09 PM.

carrs5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've only seen two other women post on this thread, so I'm wondering if this is not the best eating plan for women to lose fat. I started WD last week but ended up getting food poisoning, so I had to take a few days off and re-coup. This is day 3 for me, and day 7 for my husband--he has lost 6 pounds in the last week. We were doing the 6 meals a day and we both just got so tired of our lives revolving around food. So hope this works. Anyone know of any women following the WD and having great results like all you men out there?
    failure is not falling down, but refusing to get up

Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Baraka00 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Just started this with CKD. Hopefully get me into single figure BF %.