RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sucralose (Splenda) in Protein Powder? *REPS*

I am switching protein powders due to the increased prices and decreased amount for the GNC 100% whey protein powder (which I have always seen great results with). I have gone over the different products at GNC and on BB.com's store and found a number of good options. However, the 2 best deals (All The Whey Fat-Free Protein Isolate 5lb jug for $37.99 and SciVation Whey 10lb jug for $67.99) both have sucralose (aka Splenda) in them.

I have heard very different feedback between the company that creates splenda and different organizations saying that it is bad for you. I am simply going to err on the side of caution and assume that I am one of the people that will see side effects from eating splenda.

My question is...if I do choose to purchase a protein powder with sucralose in it will I have to worry about anything? Or should I simply find something else?

I will only be using 2 scoops a day when I workout and less than one on the other 3 days of the week for a total of about 10 scoops a week.

Reps for any good advice.

tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tubemode12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't get why people just don't go for Optimum Nutrition.

It's only 10 bucks more expensive than the SciVation, yet it's the best out there right now.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RickRolld View Post
    I am simply going to err on the side of caution and assume that I am one of the people that will see side effects from eating splenda.
    If you believe you will, then you are right.

Don't eat it.
    No sir, I don't like it.

fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitopia is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go for Optimum NATURAL whey if you want to avoid splenda. It has stevia though:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/natwhey.html

It's a buck cheaper than their splenda version.
    My transformation log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115239961

pre-exhausted leg press PR - 3x12x390

RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tubemode12 View Post
    I don't get why people just don't go for Optimum Nutrition.

It's only 10 bucks more expensive than the SciVation, yet it's the best out there right now.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

80 dollars for 155 servings of 24 grams of protein for a total of 3,720 grams of protein. That results in 46.5 grams of protein per dollar spent (3,730/80) whereas the All the Whey Fat-Free Protein Isolate (which has a higher biological value because it is pure isolate, resulting in it being more valuable and the resulting calculation being undershots) is $38 for 80 servings at 24 grams of protein per serving for a total of 1,920 (for 5 lbs as opposed to 10) for a grand total of 50.53 grams of protein per dollar spent (1,920/38). That's why.

Originally Posted by fitopia View Post
    Go for Optimum NATURAL whey if you want to avoid splenda. It has stevia though:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/natwhey.html

It's a buck cheaper than their splenda version.
    That actually has fewer grams of protein per dollar spent than Optimum nutrition which I just did the math on.

I would really like people to recommend whether or not to avoid Splenda/sucralose. I have multiple other options, some as high as 66 grams of protein per dollar spent, but the others would be better.

Thank you for your responses so far though.

Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RickRolld View Post
    80 dollars for 155 servings of 24 grams of protein for a total of 3,720 grams of protein. That results in 46.5 grams of protein per dollar spent (3,730/80) whereas the All the Whey Fat-Free Protein Isolate (which has a higher biological value because it is pure isolate, resulting in it being more valuable and the resulting calculation being undershots) is $38 for 80 servings at 24 grams of protein per serving for a total of 1,920 (for 5 lbs as opposed to 10) for a grand total of 50.53 grams of protein per dollar spent (1,920/38). That's why.
    Id like to remind people that there are very lax efforts at making sure what is on a label of a nutrition supplement is true. This being said, I remember reading an independent study on various big names in proteins and out of all of them Optimum Nutrition 100% whey was one of the only products to hold true to what their label claims (as far as grams of protein per serving) whereas many other companies were blatently lying about the actually amounts. I recall Dymatize being bashed hard and called "...glorified chocolatemilk". If anyone knows of the study I am talking about and would post a link to it I am sure the kind folks of this thread would rep you appropriately (including myself). As far as sucralose goes I did research on it for report in my Biology class and what I found kind of disturbed me. By taking a natural Sucrose molecule and introducing large amounts of Chlorine (poisonous to humans) the molecule will replace 3 Hydroxyl groups with Chlorine groups thus creating the Frankensugar Sucralose. Stevia is a much better, natural and less impactive sweetener. My personal choice is ON 100% Whey and I feel for someone that is health and consumer consious theirs should be as well. Hope that was good advice for ya
    Live every day as if it were your last.

You can't spell BSN without BS!!!! - Neil Gerst

Unleash the Legend within you.

Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Neil5587 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also sucralose used for extended periods of time is now being linked to cancer. I know people that say I drink diet drinks all day every day and I'm fine to refute this. Id like to mention most of these people are ironically morbidly obese so they are NOT "fine" but aside from that I personally know people that smoke ciggs all their life and are fine. Then I know my grandmother who died of stage 4 lung cancer from them. It all has to do with your personal makeup being that every person is different but if you want to play it safe and smart I'd say don't tempt fate and stay away from Sucralose.
    Live every day as if it were your last.

You can't spell BSN without BS!!!! - Neil Gerst

Unleash the Legend within you.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Neil5587 View Post
    Also sucralose used for extended periods of time is now being linked to cancer.
    Got a reputable source on that?
    No sir, I don't like it.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Got a reputable source on that?
    My question also. I use 3 packs Splenda daily in my coffee.

Originally Posted by Neil5587 View Post
    Id like to remind people that there are very lax efforts at making sure what is on a label of a nutrition supplement is true. This being said, I remember reading an independent study on various big names in proteins and out of all of them Optimum Nutrition 100% whey was one of the only products to hold true to what their label claims (as far as grams of protein per serving) whereas many other companies were blatently lying about the actually amounts. I recall Dymatize being bashed hard and called "...glorified chocolatemilk". If anyone knows of the study I am talking about and would post a link to it I am sure the kind folks of this thread would rep you appropriately (including myself). As far as sucralose goes I did research on it for report in my Biology class and what I found kind of disturbed me. By taking a natural Sucrose molecule and introducing large amounts of Chlorine (poisonous to humans) the molecule will replace 3 Hydroxyl groups with Chlorine groups thus creating the Frankensugar Sucralose. Stevia is a much better, natural and less impactive sweetener. My personal choice is ON 100% Whey and I feel for someone that is health and consumer consious theirs should be as well. Hope that was good advice for ya
    Thank you very much for your information on this topic. It truly is difficult to pick nutrition products because they can lie so easily because they do not have to be approved by the FDA. It is something that I think really needs to change in this country.