Thread: I need help!

LoveUsername has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy I need help!

Okay, so I'm 22, 5'7 and about 127-130 lbs.

My problem: No matter how clean I eat and how frequently I go to the gym- I am not losing ANY fat from my upper-body!

No matter how much I eat, I never gain weight anywhere else except my upper-body. (Stomach, breasts, love-handles, and the unattractive back fat). My arms and legs have ALWAYS been very skinny (almost twig-like), my shoulders are absolutely tiny as well and I feel like it throws my body completely out of proportion with everywhere else being thin except my upperbody (think upside down pear).

Any ways,
    I tried doing cardio for 1h a day AND weight training (whatever the day may be legs, arms, abs, etc) that did not work.
    I tried meal prepping and eating CLEAN and I mean clean with the proper protein intake, veggies, carbs, etc.
    NOTHING WORKS. (and this was going to the gym 6 times a week for about 6 months- talk about dis-encouragement!)

I generally eat pretty healthy and I know people lose weight from taking in less calories but that SERIOUSLY does that work for me.

I ended up getting disencouraged back in about December, so I took a 2.5 month break- but now i'm back at it. I guess making muscle progress is better than none at all even though i'm seeing no change in my stomach.

I did make a lot of progress with weights. From being able to leg press 35 lbs to 200lbs+, but NO change in my MID-SECTION aka the dreaded belly fat.

I really hope someone can help me. I'm really lost at this point as to what to do. I'm not overexaggerating either- my stomach is NOT cute like I would NOT wear a bikini out to the beach. I feel like I just hold fat at the worst parts of my stomach too which makes it worse.

PLS HELP ME.

Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If eating at a deficit as well as working out isn't helping at all, sounds like you need to see a medical professional.. That doesn't sound normal at all.

Have you made sure you're not bloated from too much sodium?? Have you had children or lost a lot of weight leading to sagging or loose skin???

Keep lifting, it's good for you!! But I really think you should see a doctor.
    Bulking & Lifting :)

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're still carrying too much fat at your stats, you are what we call 'skinny-fat'.
    That's an issue with too little muscle mass and too much body fat.
    Losing weight at your stats isn't a great idea - you'll simply be a smaller version of the self you have right now.

The only solution is to work on gaining muscle. It take a long time. You need a solid diet that is adequate in protein and calories - you have to eat enough to gain around 1/2 lb per week. You need a solid lifting program that is geared towards gaining mass. And you need time and consistency.

Being able to leg press 200 lbs is nothing. How much can you squat? Deadlift? Bench press? Overhead press? Can you do chin ups?

After you spend a good 6-12 months bulking, you can then look at dieting back down to see what you've got to work with underneath. At this point though, dieting down farther probably isn't going to yield good results.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    If you're still carrying too much fat at your stats, you are what we call 'skinny-fat'.
    Losing weight at your stats isn't a great idea - you'll simply be a smaller version of the self you have right now.

The only solution is to work on gaining muscle. It take a long time. You need a solid diet that is adequate in protein and calories - you have to eat enough to gain around 1/2 lb per week. You need a solid lifting program that is geared towards gaining mass. And you need time and consistency.

Being able to leg press 200 lbs is nothing. How much can you squat? Deadlift? Bench press? Overhead press? Can you do chin ups?

After you spend a good 6-12 months bulking, you can then look at dieting back down to see what you've got to work with underneath. At this point though, dieting down farther probably isn't going to yield good results.
    ^^She's totally right.

I was EXACTLY your stats (well, like 125ish) at the same height and decided to bulk to build more muscle. I gained like 20 lbs though two programs, getting ready to cut back down and see what kind of muscle base that I built.

I KNOW it seems VERY counterintuitive to want to gain weight. But you need to build a good muscle base first before trying to lose weight if you simply just don't want to be a smaller version than yourself.

LoveUsername has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post

well, i don't really carry weight anywhere else except my stomach/back really and my body fat percentage was in the 20's (not sure of the EXACT number)

would you still recommend doing this or should i just lose fat all over and maybe my stomach/back is where i will see results last?

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LoveUsername View Post
    well, i don't really carry weight anywhere else except my stomach/back really and my body fat percentage was in the 20's (not sure of the EXACT number)

would you still recommend doing this or should i just lose fat all over and maybe my stomach/back is where i will see results last?
    You're at the lower end of healthy for your weight. I certainly wouldn't go lower than 125. Then you HAVE to gain muscle or you'll never look any better than you do right now.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."