KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anything wrong w/ taking protein like a shot?

Recently, I've been mixing 2 scoops of protein with the smallest amount of water possible. This allows me to drink the protein like a shot, and it can be done relatively fast. Is there anything wrong w/ doing it like this? I don't see how there can be, b/c I'm ingesting the same amount of protein just at a faster rate. Anyone else do this?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KingsDude View Post
    Recently, I've been mixing 2 scoops of protein with the smallest amount of water possible. This allows me to drink the protein like a shot, and it can be done relatively fast. Is there anything wrong w/ doing it like this? I don't see how there can be, b/c I'm ingesting the same amount of protein just at a faster rate. Anyone else do this?
    Nothing wrong with it. But I guess you need to ask youself if you need 50 grams of fast digesting protein all at once to begin with [digestive capacity vs. transit time].
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingsDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Nothing wrong with it. But I guess you need to ask youself if you need 50 grams of fast digesting protein all at once to begin with [digestive capacity vs. transit time].
    You're right, good question to ask myself. I've always been a protein person. I've experienced with some supplements, but for the most part, its just protein, protein, protein. I know my body can only digest a certain amount, but I might as well take it, b/c I feel like it fills me up and probably prevents me from eating too much fat food, etc. It is pre-workout and it is ON, but I probably should stick to 1 scoop pre, and then 2 scoops post..

Thanks for the reply

_Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My college roommate used to drink his protein like this. He'd put 2 scoops of whey (~50g) with a small amount of water into the smaller of the solo cup sizes and chug it. I always use at least 10oz water
    Best Meet Lifts:
    SQ: 460 (sleeves)
    BP: 350
    DL: 510
    Total: 1300 (242 wrapped)

"I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death"

www.animalpak.com

jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's how I do it, much easier for me that way.
    DIABLO BARBELL
    1003, 540, 800 Multiply

Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified

Just wondering how much protein do u guys take in a shot

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KingsDude View Post
    Just wondering how much protein do u guys take in a shot
    About 30 -35 grams. This is what Layne would recommend as being optimal and not excessive due to what was mentioned above.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer using less water post workout. Too much and it seems to prolong the digestion for me.
    πŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„InπŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„