Closed Thread
    johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnbolic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Weight Vest-What muscle groups does it work out?

I'm already doing upper trapezius exercises every other day, but I wanted to wear a vest for a few hours each day. Will wearing a vest strengthen my upper trapezius muscles? I'm thinking most weight vests drape over your upper trapezius muscles and the weight is hanging down so it would help bulk these muscles up, but I could be wrong. Any experts here?

Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by johnbolic View Post
    Will wearing a vest strengthen my upper trapezius muscles?
    No.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It works the wallet muscle.

DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Forget about the weight vest and the weighted halo..

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldn't recommend wearing a weight vest for hours per day. I bet you'd end up with some serious problems (hypertonicity/tightness/spasm) in your traps.

The weight vest can be great if used when doing cardio like walking or stair climbing. Likewise it can be great for doing things like pull-ups, chins, and dips.

But to avoid spending mucho bucks at the local chiropractor and massage therapist, I would NOT wear it throughout the day.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldn't recommend wearing a weight vest for hours per day. I bet you'd end up with some serious problems (hypertonicity/tightness/spasm) in your traps.

The weight vest can be great if used when doing cardio like walking or stair climbing. Likewise it can be great for doing things like pull-ups, chins, and dips.

But to avoid spending mucho bucks at the local chiropractor and massage therapist, I would NOT wear it throughout the day.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.