Thread: Neck Pain

sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Neck Pain

Tonight I was shoulder pressing and when I went to put the weight down I felt a huge pain in my neck and right trap. Since then Ive been in extreme pain. I can't even turn my head fully. I've had this before when I slept wrong. How do I get rid of it? Thanks

United We ███████████ SemperParatus's Avatar
    SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bump. Same issue here.

I was doing a bent dumb bell row today, but like an idiot. I bent over like you would doing a bent barbell row, but holding 2 75lbs dumbells and at the top of the rep I felt/heard a slight pop in my right trap near my neck and immediately dropped the DB's. I think my fast reaction prevented a really bad injury but my neck is sore now and hurts to turn it fully in either direction.

After the fact I know it was bad form; my back was arched "up" too much (like a U) and I was looking slightly upward. I started with a straighter back, head down but I was worried my back wasn't straight enough. The 2nd rep after I adjusted is when I heard the pop.

like the OP said, it feels very similar to waking up with a really sore neck. I'm sure it will go away in a day or two but I'd like to know what causes this so I know how to prevent it.
    Last edited by SemperParatus; 01-07-2009 at 04:13 AM.
    ***Misc Survivalist Crew***
    +Misc Zombie Survival Squad - SAAT OIC+

AMERICAN OUTLAW - GO USA!

sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdp00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SemperParatus View Post
    bump. Same issue here.

I was doing a bent dumb bell row today, but like an idiot. I bent over like you would doing a bent barbell row, but holding 2 75lbs dumbells and at the top of the rep I felt/heard a slight pop in my right trap near my neck and immediately dropped the DB's. I think my fast reaction prevented a really bad injury but my neck is sore now and hurts to turn it fully in either direction.

After the fact I know it was bad form; my back was arched "up" too much (like a U) and I was looking slightly upward. I started with a straighter back, head down but I was worried my back wasn't straight enough. The 2nd rep after I adjusted is when I heard the pop.

like the OP said, it feels very similar to waking up with a really sore neck. I'm sure it will go away in a day or two but I'd like to know what causes this so I know how to prevent it.
    Yours sounds a little worse since you heard a pop. Mine was just a stinging pain right after I put the weight down. Either way, in both of our cases, its a pulled muscle / nerve. There was a guy at the gym who was a chiropractor that massaged it and snapped my neck on both sides. It felt good at first, but he said I should ice it for 15 min every hour. He also said try stretching it if you can. Mine still hurts...had a little trouble sleeping.

United We ███████████ SemperParatus's Avatar
    SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SemperParatus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I woke up this morning and my neck was a little sore, but not too bad. I did a good stretch and felt good enough to go to the gym. Workout went fine and now (12 hours later) my neck feels just about back to normal. Thank God.

How is yours doing OP?
    ***Misc Survivalist Crew***
    +Misc Zombie Survival Squad - SAAT OIC+

AMERICAN OUTLAW - GO USA!