sixPack_vJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Front squats hurt my wrists?!?!

Ever since I started doing front squats, my wrists seem to have become weaker when i bench and do other exercises. This is primarily because when i hold the bar on my shoulders (front delts), hands are bent all the way back to hold the bar.... is this supposed to be happening, or can someone show me another way to hold the bar?
    If ur not breakin a sweat in the weight room, ur doin SOMETHIN wrong!!

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sixPack_vJ View Post
    Ever since I started doing front squats, my wrists seem to have become weaker when i bench and do other exercises. This is primarily because when i hold the bar on my shoulders (front delts), hands are bent all the way back to hold the bar.... is this supposed to be happening, or can someone show me another way to hold the bar?
    Your shoulders should be holding up the bar enough that you don't need to rely on your wrists to do it. If you are racking the bar properly, your hands really only serve to help keep the bar in place.

CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CYTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

/thread

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I ahve to stretch my forearms and my wrists still hurt during regular squats (and some time posterior delt cramps) If I take a wider grip it feels better but then my form breaks down.

I just felt like sharing
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You will get used to it after awhile

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I noticed less stress on the wrist when I tried them on the smith machine
    Who do men say that I am?

DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamuPiru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sunngodd View Post
    I noticed less stress on the wrist when I tried them on the smith machine
    Smith Machines are a joke when it comes to squatting.

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DanCottle View Post
    You will get used to it after awhile
    I've found the same thing. Once your wrist flexors get stretched back out (they are chronically tight in MANY people due to our typing lifestyle) you will probably feel no pain at all.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How long have you been doing them with pain? About week 3 or 4 they started to hurt less. Although it was probably a combination of stretching and learning to keep the weight on my shoulders bettter.
    snapchat: weavv

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    either cross your arms... or I prefer the method of wrapping lifting straps around the bar (as if the bar was a wrist) and holding onto the loose ends.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    clean grip is more stable than cross grip, just stretch your wrists along with your shoulders.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You dont need a full grip on the bar. Just try balancing it with your first two fingers of each hand. It will stay there if you keep your elbows up and wont cause you any pain. The flexibility will come.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    I've found the same thing. Once your wrist flexors get stretched back out (they are chronically tight in MANY people due to our typing lifestyle) you will probably feel no pain at all.

Best,
    Excellent call. Agree 100%. Once the wrist/forearm flexors adapt to the active lengthening the grip during the Front Squat will become more natural and less painful.
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

Veg can't get big lolwut? Mr.Runner's Avatar
    Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Runner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    clean grip is more stable than cross grip, just stretch your wrists along with your shoulders.
    Yup. I'm always a little bit scared when I see a person inexperienced with front squats try the "cross grip" because they're inflexible.
    I only seem like I know what I'm talking about, because I only talk about things that I know about.

"One farmer says to me: 'You cannot live on vegetable foods solely, for it furnishes nothing to make bones with,' walking all the while he talks behind his oxen, who with vegetable made bones jerk him and his lumbering plow along in spite of every obstacle."

-Henry David Thoreau

FuzzyMcWuggles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Easy way to fix front squats!

You can do one way that a lot of football players do front squats. They cross their arms like an "X" and rest the bar on the inside of their elbos, where the arms curl. It builds tone to your delts and biceps plus gives you that great leg burn easily.