Thread: Sets/Reps

KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBH90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sets/Reps

I am 240lbs and have just started at the gym, more or less. I had a session with a PT but he never put me on a program.

I've been recommended various sets and reps in addition to progams, however I am still at a loss. I sent a message to the PT that I had, and he has suggested 5x10 and to use the machines for the first 4 weeks. Does this sound about right? He has good feedback on his ******** page and has transformed his clients bodies so obviously he knows what he is talking about.

So far my plan is to warm on the treadmill, with incline. Use the spin bike and do some wall squats. The machines I will be going on is shoulder press, leg press, lat pulldown, chest press, seated row and ab press.

I'm going on holiday in 5 months (grand canyon and onto vagas with pool party opportunities). So my goal is to get this weight off and to get into a bikini without feeling embarrased (my stomach is sagging) and to be fit enough to hike the canyon.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I started at 240lbs and I did Starting Strength.

I used a food scale, dropped 20lbs over 3 months and was squatting and deadlifting 2+ plates for reps.

I don't see why you should need to start with machines. Try starting with a barbell.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01