HardcorePowerlifting.com Sean Katterle's Avatar
    Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000)

New Classic Powerlifting Column in IronMan Magazine

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com

Starting with the February 2009 issue, IronMan Magazine has brought back a column about the sports of classic powerlifting, benchpressing and strongman! (This issue is for sale on newsstands now!)

Power Surge ; a monthly series written by Sean Katterle and sponsored by MHP - Maximum Human Performance.

This month's topic: The Benchpress - History, Records and Raw Lifts ( 7 full color pages )

People pictured: Rock Lewis (twice), Ken Dinolfo, Al Davis, Sean Katterle, John Kuc, Brian Smith and Ryan Kennelly (twice).

Companies Mentioned and People Thanked: PowerliftingWatch.com, Powerlifting USA (Mike Lambert, Herb Glossbrenner and Michael Soong), House of Pain Ironwear and John Sanchez of American Powerlift Evolution.

Benchers Names Listed: The first 45 competition benchers to officially benchpress (raw) 600 pounds or more (all names listed with lifts, body weights and dates)

This article discusses the early versions of what would become the benchpress (floor presses, belly tosses, box presses, ect.) It outlines the evolution of the "benchpress" from the early 1900s up through the 1960s.

IronMan Magazine has one of the longest histories in regards to supporting classic powerlifting. Not only has Iron Man covered powerlifting off and on for over 50 years, it was also Iron Man's Peary Rader who made the first powerful move to get powerlifting sanctioned in the United States. In 1958, at a National Weightlifting Committee meeting, Rader petitioned that a list of records be kept. Peary Rader sought to provide a national meet venue for which AAU records could be officially set in the new AAU "power" lift catagory.

Please stay tuned for more powerlifting and strongman related articles coming your way via this new Ironman column and thanks to Ironman's editorial staff and publisher for making this all possible and to MHP for sponsoring the publishing of the additional content pages.
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle
    http://www.HardcorePowerlifting.com

Check out my new weight lifting BLOG at

http://blogs.ironmanmagazine.com/hardcorepowerlifting/

Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    gonna have to pick this issue up.

Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I sometimes buy this mag just to read Bill Starr's column.
    My goal when I come in everyday is to make sure if somebody beats me,it is not because they outwork me. ~Layne Norton.

Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000) Sean Katterle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mitsuomi View Post
    gonna have to pick this issue up.
    Thanks for your support !

I hope that you enjoy the article.

Stay Strong,
    Sean
    Hardcore Powerlifting.com
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle

Originally Posted by Doenitz79 View Post
    I sometimes buy this mag just to read Bill Starr's column.
    I agree. There's quite a few good writers working with and for IronMan. I like Lonnie Teper's News N' Views, Ruth's Pump and Circumstance, Bill Star's Only the Strong Survive and also in this issue Randy Strossen of IronMind fame has a super Olympic weight lifting contest write-up with his usual top notch photography. The POF training articles and some of the Poliquin stuff interests me too. I'm not into bodybuilding that much but their training ideas are creative and well thought out.

They've also got a photo feature in this issue from the 1950s and 60s Muscle Beach era and it was really cool to see some pictures that haven't been in print for decades.

IronMan's one of the only bodybuilding magazines where I actually READ more than 1/2 of each issue (as opposed to just checking out the pictures, captions and ads.)

I read most of the industry publications and I like pretty much all of them but IronMan's definately one of my favorites and I'm stoked to be back on their writing team - woo hoo !

Stay Strong,
    Sean
    Hardcore Powerlifting.com
    Last edited by Sean Katterle; 01-06-2009 at 10:06 PM.
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle

swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good stuff sean. Keep doing what your doing!
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most responsive to change.

Originally Posted by swolegantor View Post
    Good stuff sean. Keep doing what your doing!
    Thanks !
    Stay Strong,
    Sean Katterle