Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    SincereOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude is in crazy shape....kudos

81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    Thanks Travis, one more question about it. Do you see it as a healing agent (as in it repairs the 'injury'/inflammation), or just for pain relief so you can train through injury?
    Yes! I used to slather it on all the time but you kind of stink if you use it too much... I haven't really used it hardcore in a while since my wife doesn't like it much but I still do at multi-day contests. I have read some info on it being beneficial to the oxygen carrying capacity of your blood as well...

Originally Posted by agvares View Post
    Hi Travis. Thanks for all the answers and one of the greatest threads on bb.com

I have a couple of questions which, i assume, weren't asked before. Therefore, i'm gonna try to combine them together.

1) What do you think about Misha Koklyaev as an athlete? What's his weak and strong sides as a strongman competitor? Did you discuss your training routine and if so, what do you have in common and what's totally different?

2) There're lots of athletes who are equally good at strongman events while having different backrounds (powerlifting, weightlifting, even bodybuilding). To your mind, what are the main principles of building an individual strongman training program which are neccessary to follow for any athlete no matter what he'd experienced before in his career?

3) Since all the srength programs i was able to find are pretty intense and demand lots of volume, what would be your opinion about using some modification of Broz program (Bulgarian method) as a 7 day\per week training routine?

p.s. sorry for my grammar, guess it really shows my temporal linguistic imperfection.
    Well thank you sir. I have worked hard to give detailed answers and help everyone from novice lifters to the hardcore experienced guys.

1) I think Misha is one of the best natural athletes on Earth. I think he could enter any sport out there and excel. He is one of my absolute best friends (hence the reason I named my son after him) and he never ceases to amaze me no matter what country we are in or what continent we are on...
    His routine is still very Olympic lifting oriented which has a great carryover for him since he doesn't seem to need a lot of event training to be extremely proficient and the OL style lifting keeps him very quick and light on his feet.

2) First you have to assess your own weaknesses. For instance, a Pl'er may have to work on his cardio more than a BB'er who is used to more high rep workouts. Conversely, a BB'er will need to work on his top end strength for the really heavy events. Basically, if you want to become a Strongman then BE a Strongman. Train events, train lots of reps in the gym as well as hitting heavy weights. This is why Strongman is THE most difficult strength sport on Earth. You have to prepare for everything: high rep events, max weight events, picking something REALLY heavy up and then being able to sustain that power output over a 200' course for 40 to 90 seconds, etc. There are over 30 events you have to prepare for in Strongman!!
    Here's an example of how to train for a certain event when you don't know if it is for max or for reps. Log clean and press: I work up to a heavy set of 1-3 reps then back it down for a set of clean and press for reps shooting for about 7-10 reps.

3) I think that training for Strongman 7 days a week is a HUGE mistake. The very nature of these events tax the CNS far more than anything else and I just think you wouldn't be able to recover fast enough. The best progress I've ever made was with a 3 day per week program.

Originally Posted by Chocwhey View Post
    I'm yet to read the whole thread, sorry if this question has been answered, but would you consider the Bench Pressing important in Strongman training? does it have any real carryover at all? and do you know any Pros who don't bench regularly or at all?

Cheers.
    It depends on your previous training and where your weaknesses are. For instance, I benefitted greatly when I started benching with a shirt on. This made my triceps so much stronger which in turn really helped my overhead press. Also, I firmly believe you should develope EVERY muscle that surrounds the shoulder joint. This is crucial for overall joint health and stability.

Originally Posted by dbluegoat View Post
    not to step on Ort's toes but I don't think many strongmen bench much at all ever, its not really needed. If anything incline might have the most carryover and that would be a little towards OHP
    I think that incline DB bench (at 30 degrees) really helped me with my log press... that is until I tore most of my upper pec off while banging out heavy reps too fast. That has really screwed my log press up.

Originally Posted by grostas View Post
    Hello Travis,

How do you recommend testing maxes on your program? On a third week, then off of deadlift the next week?
    I would run through it a few times then go for a max after taking a few days off. You don't necessarily have to do a max on your normal DL day. IE: do the program 3 times through then after your last DL session treat the week after like a contest prep week. Go light in the gym allowing your body to heal and be primed to hit big weight a week later.

Originally Posted by bbssassin View Post
    damn he's strong...
    Eh, sometimes. Still trying to catch up with some of these other freaks I have to go up against!! But thanks though

Originally Posted by the_pupil View Post
    Just chiming in.......I do regular bench press press once every 6 or so weeks, but I will utilize close grip bench press to the chest and off boards quite often as an accessory lift. I prefer the heavy close grip because I feel it has some carry over to trying to lock out my max effort overhead presses. Most other pros I have spoken too will do bench press but I dont know any of them that prioritize it unless they do powerlifting too.
    Thanks again for your help bud!

Originally Posted by FasterThanLight View Post
    What should I do if every time I got heavy on the deadlift my back hurts the following day? Squats are fine, but my deadlift is about 100lb above my squat max. This started when I pulled/strained my back squatting couple of years back.
    What kind of hurt? If it's just sore then that's a good thing; it just means you worked really hard. If it is a very uncomfortable pain then you need to start doing some more prehab and rehab. Warm-up really well, put some heating rub on it (capzaicin, equiblock, absorbine or other fine horse linament products work great), and keep your glutes, hip flexors, and hams stretched really well. Afterwards you should ice the whole low back for about 15-20 minutes. Just a little advice, when using anything with capzacin in it USE SPARINGLY until you get the hang of it. Put too much on and your workout will be over with for the day... oh and wash your hands before taking a piss.
    Don't worry to much about the DL to Squat ratio. Mine is probably worse than that. Some people are just natural DL'ers and others are natural squatters. You just have to constantly strive to make both better.
    Also, last thing, make sure you aren't letting your low back round during the pull!
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class"

81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SincereOne View Post
    dude is in crazy shape....kudos
    Well, I'm not in the best shape right now... hopefully by the time I get on the plane to WSM in 3.5 weeks I will be! Thank you my friend.

I Lost 115#s bruh TheVanillaGorilla's Avatar
    TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVanillaGorilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 81Ort View Post
    Well, I'm not in the best shape right now... hopefully by the time I get on the plane to WSM in 3.5 weeks I will be! Thank you my friend.
    Whats up Travis. I met you at the Ronnie Coleman Classic with my wife the night before the event when you guys were setting up. Im trying to get strong enough to do the Strongest Man there next year
    Herbalife Yo

Strong as Fuuuu

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey travis, what kind of numbers should someone look to hit in conventional lifting before transitioning into a "strongman" oriented training style?

This can be directed to anyone that has done competitions really.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    damn he does a lot of snatches they must have good carryover for him

question do you listen to any music while training to get amped up? and if so what kind of songs are on your list right now?
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gogo16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Is it possible to give Travis a bolded name, like how pro bodybuilders who post in the IFBB section get them?

thicksm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thicksm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thicksm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Travis, beginner here. I just started lifting a few months ago, but I want to be a strongman. You, Mario Pudzianowski, and Magnus Ver Magnusson are amongst my favorites. I'm currently doing Mark Rippetoe's starting strength to get a good base going, then I'll be going for a cut, but after that i'm sort of stumped. What should I go for after that to get genuinely big and strong? I don't want a powerlifter physique where they have a barrell for their abdomen, nor do I want a 5% bodyfat bodybuilder routine with very little to no functional strength.

Also, is there any general advice you'd give a 15 year old beginner? Lifts to stay away from, diet, cardio, rest, # of reps and sets, etc. Any help at all would be really appreciated.

dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Travis, how did you like training with Al Kliese while he was over there? What do you think his chances are of making it on the big scene?
    sponsored by Bulk Powders Australia
    use code NAPARM in the 'redeem' box at checkout for a discount off your order

masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masculer-wal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question

[QUOTE=str8flexed;269686821]We are lucky enough to a have a top strongman posting in our section. Travis Ortmayer's qualifying round was one of the most impressive displays of strength I've seen since I have watched strongman. His performance in the keg toss and atlas stones was absolutely unbelievable. I figured that this would be a great place for people to ask Travis questions and get answers from a real top strongman!

Hello Sir , How are you ???
    I have a question please , I was training to become , Well like you , & I was also consuming 3700 Cal a day for 6months , but I gained no weight , & I had to stop my diet & exercise for a lot of reasons ,
    I wonder if I can gain good weight without supplements , & if there's any type of diet & exercise you recommend ....

HulkSmash9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSmash9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HulkSmash9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Travis, Im training to be a strongman , I'm 16 and I was wondering what I could do in the gym to get the best results to build my overall stregth and mass.

Oh yeah , and just one more thing, have you heard of Glenn Ross, a strongman from Northern Ireland. I was wondering if he could beat Savickaz in the static events, what do you think?

dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Ort give us an update when you can on the injury

TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000)

tire-flip

hey, i just recently got a giant junk tire to perform tire flips

j/w if u would have ANY idea of what it would weigh..

the size/model is 23.5-25 ... lol that info might b irrelevant just let me kno if u have a clue.

thanks

Registered User terminaltorture's Avatar
    terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For those who haven't seen this yet, I think posting here will be the last thing on Ort's mind right now.

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/forum/...ad.php?t=19617

Hoping for the best for you and your family Travis. I wish you and your wife a speedy recovery.
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iceland87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Man what are people thinking when they are drunk and decide do drive!?

But wish you and your wife a speedy recovery Travis.

Registered User vinodgopinathan's Avatar
    vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet

man you are Awesome

whats your Diet?

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Best wishes and prayers for you and your family.

We all look forward to the day you and wife are back.
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

First off, thanks to everyone who stood by my family during this hell month of September!!!! I know that Strongman has a small but LOYAL fan base and I TRULY thank you all for that.

Originally Posted by TheNaturalOak View Post
    hey, i just recently got a giant junk tire to perform tire flips

j/w if u would have ANY idea of what it would weigh..

the size/model is 23.5-25 ... lol that info might b irrelevant just let me kno if u have a clue.

thanks
    I think I have a similar tire... It is a 12 ply steel radial as well and I think it's around 700#. Is yours about 5 feet tall when you stand it up?

Originally Posted by HulkSmash9 View Post
    Hey Travis, Im training to be a strongman , I'm 16 and I was wondering what I could do in the gym to get the best results to build my overall stregth and mass.

Oh yeah , and just one more thing, have you heard of Glenn Ross, a strongman from Northern Ireland. I was wondering if he could beat Savickaz in the static events, what do you think?
    Start with the basic movements: Squats, Deadlift, Clean and Press/Jerk (and some strict shoulder pressing). You also want to hit every muscle group in your body; just remember to periodize them and don't do them all on the same day... This way you stay in balance with all the other muscles- this especially important with the shoulder joint. The shoulder has nearly 360 degrees of movement so it needs to be worked from all angles. Make sure you work your core and learn how to breath while keeping your abs tight. Controlling your breath is one of the most important factors to lifting weights. Especially when it comes Strongman training!

As for the stronger of the 2 guys you mentioned: Savickas is the most statically strong man on Earth... hands down. Now don't get me wrong, Ross is a good friend of mine and his raw 400 kilo squat and 400 kilo deadlift are amazing but it just doesn't measure up to Big Z. I will soon be surpassing both of them though!!!!!!

[QUOTE=masculer-wal;551592833]
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    We are lucky enough to a have a top strongman posting in our section. Travis Ortmayer's qualifying round was one of the most impressive displays of strength I've seen since I have watched strongman. His performance in the keg toss and atlas stones was absolutely unbelievable. I figured that this would be a great place for people to ask Travis questions and get answers from a real top strongman!

Hello Sir , How are you ???
    I have a question please , I was training to become , Well like you , & I was also consuming 3700 Cal a day for 6months , but I gained no weight , & I had to stop my diet & exercise for a lot of reasons ,
    I wonder if I can gain good weight without supplements , & if there's any type of diet & exercise you recommend ....
    Simple, two things you did wrong. You didn't eat enough otherwise you would have gained weight. If eating is hard for you (God knows it is my achilles heal) then break down and buy Labrada's Lean Mass 60. This stuff rocks and it will give you almost 1K cals and 60 grams protein. I love this stuff post workout. Now for the 2nd thing you did wrong, you quit. Consistency is absolute key!!! Just get in the gym and start a program that you ENJOY following... too many people forget that traininig is supposed to be FUN!!!!! Write back to me and let me know how things are going. I would love to keep you on track.

Originally Posted by dparm99 View Post
    Hey Travis, how did you like training with Al Kliese while he was over there? What do you think his chances are of making it on the big scene?
    Allen is a great guy!! And I had a lot of fun training with him. I only wish I hadn't just gotten back from 4 weeks in a row of competing and staying in England. Our first few weeks were rough for me! I was beat all to hell but then he gave me the motivation to push harder and "hit my training stride" a lot sooner. Without him here I am not sure I would have had the power and mental toughness to win Nationals.
    Just a quick note: Allen was a guest lifter at USA Pro Nationals and placed 4th! This is the highest ANY Aussie has ever placed on American soil. The man is tough and only getting better. He is definitely one to watch for in the future.

Originally Posted by thicksm View Post
    Hey Travis, beginner here. I just started lifting a few months ago, but I want to be a strongman. You, Mario Pudzianowski, and Magnus Ver Magnusson are amongst my favorites. I'm currently doing Mark Rippetoe's starting strength to get a good base going, then I'll be going for a cut, but after that i'm sort of stumped. What should I go for after that to get genuinely big and strong? I don't want a powerlifter physique where they have a barrell for their abdomen, nor do I want a 5% bodyfat bodybuilder routine with very little to no functional strength.

Also, is there any general advice you'd give a 15 year old beginner? Lifts to stay away from, diet, cardio, rest, # of reps and sets, etc. Any help at all would be really appreciated.
    First off I wouldn't worry too much about a cutting cycle. Just get strong and watch what you eat- basically eat the foods that you know to be healthy and they will help keep you lean, ie: lean meats, potatoes, rice, fruit, vegetables, and of course, protein and creatine supplements.
    The best thing you can do now is stay focused and consistent!

Originally Posted by gogo16 View Post
    Is it possible to give Travis a bolded name, like how pro bodybuilders who post in the IFBB section get them?
    Yeah, what's up with this? hahaha

Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    damn he does a lot of snatches they must have good carryover for him

question do you listen to any music while training to get amped up? and if so what kind of songs are on your list right now?
    I don't worry too much about what I listen to now days. You don't get the chance to pick what you listen to during an event at a competition so I just learned to tune everything but maybe a couple voices out. That being said, I still get absolutely crazy when a few certain songs come on: Rammstein- Amerika, Hollywood Undead- Undead, and virtually all old Metallica... *a quick note about Amerika by Rammstein. This song came on as I was walking out to the car deadlift in Riga, Latvia and the whole crowd sitting on that side of the stadium started singing it to me. Talk about making the hair on the back of your neck stand up!!

Originally Posted by LiftHeavy85 View Post
    Hey travis, what kind of numbers should someone look to hit in conventional lifting before transitioning into a "strongman" oriented training style?

This can be directed to anyone that has done competitions really.
    I'd say if you are a Heavyweight then you should probably be able to deadlift close to 600, squat over 500, and overhead press over 250. These are just some rough estimates though. I know guys who can press damn near 400 pounds but can't pull more than a rep or two with a 600 lb. deadlift. You should try some of the implements out and see where you are first. Now days there are enough training groups around that you shouldn't have any trouble calling someone and asking them to let you come out one Saturday and give it a shot. www.Nastrongman.com has all of the amateur contests posted and on their forum you can find a lot of the training groups.

Originally Posted by TheVanillaGorilla View Post
    Whats up Travis. I met you at the Ronnie Coleman Classic with my wife the night before the event when you guys were setting up. Im trying to get strong enough to do the Strongest Man there next year
    Hey bud, good luck to you!! I will be looking for you now so you better get your butt in the gym!!
    Last edited by 81Ort; 11-03-2010 at 06:46 AM.

MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Travis Ortmayer 2010 writeup

Hi everyone allow me to introduce myself. Callie Marunde-Best here. Nice job Travis with the Q&A!

Callie

dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MarundeMuscle View Post
    Hi everyone allow me to introduce myself. Callie Marunde-Best here. Nice job Travis with the Q&A!

Callie
    Hi Callie, welcome to the forums!

I'm guessing you used to be married to Jesse Marunde & are now married to Nick Best?
    sponsored by Bulk Powders Australia
    use code NAPARM in the 'redeem' box at checkout for a discount off your order

Originally Posted by MarundeMuscle View Post

Callie
    Hello Callie! Thanks, it's been a lot of work but it's been a pleasure! Just a small way to give back to the sport that has given so much to me.

Dparm- Yes, that is the one and only Callie you speak of and a great help she has been for me and my family. Thanks for everything Callie!

MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarundeMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

:)

Thanks Trav, how did your talk go last night?? I bet you hit it out of the park. Happy Birthday to Misha!

I do keep my real identity online so I can behave myself and use my manners.

Callie

The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_cannibal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Glad to see you posting here again, Travis.

I hope this means things are starting to get better for you and your wife?

I wish you the best of luck anyway, you don't deserve that kind of crap.

Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Happyman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

i feel small

i feel small to him lol

Yeah, things are starting to come around again. I truly appreciate all the support I've received and so does my family!

Callie just did an interview with me for Marunde-Muscle.com:
    http://marunde-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19709

bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigguy64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey travis ive been lifting for about 4 in a half years played football and now im getting into strongman. I know some places where I can train events. I heard in a youtube interview that you said your buddy marshall white lives in washington. I lie in washington right now, I was wondering if he still did strongman. If he does could you pm me his email or something? Thanks.

No sorry, he lives in Colorado now. He used to live near the coast in Port Aransis or something like that. CO would be a long commute for training!

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How ya feeling travis? healed up? I sprained my ankle in June and it too almost 3 months to heal and mine was no where near as severe as your injury was

blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Travis what tips can you give a teenager interested in starting powerlifting?

What should should i get in my diet and what exercises should i work on?

LeoSolis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At fisrst a million thanks for sahring your knwoldge, and inspiring us.
    My questions:
    My body fat is little big high (27% at 200pounds bw and 5ft 7in tall), I want to get leaner in order to be able to bulk (and gain more strenght) withouth the risk of taking my bodyfat to unhealty levels, altough I am not very strong yet (I've been training during 2 years, deadlift: 220lbs for 33 reps in 2 minutes, 1 hand (right only) clean and press: 82lbs for 15 reps in 2 minutes raw), so I am afraid about lossing weight and lossing to much strenght. What aproach would you suggest? and what is a desirable body fat % to train properly for strongman (to maintain strenght but also descent endurance and speed)?

And as with misha, What do you think about Magnus Samuelsson as an athlete? What was his weak and strong sides as a strongman competitor?

Again thanks for your advice, and best wishes for you and your family