pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Grapefruit and testosterone

A while back there was a thread on how grapefruit may affect testosterone.

I love this stuff & as I'm really serious about my diet & have lost 5lbs since I joined the forum.

For me I find grapefruit is a killer fat burner. I feel less bloated around the mid section when I eat it.

Ideas on this??

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pmartel View Post

I love this stuff & as I'm really serious about my diet & have lost 5lbs since I joined the forum.

For me I find grapefruit is a killer fat burner. I feel less bloated around the mid section when I eat it.

Ideas on this??
    I really don't think a couple of grapefruits per week is going to affect T production. I eat them with gusto and have no T issues. The people who were used in that study might have eaten plastic and styrofoam for all any of us know.

The vitamin C, quinine, fiber, and natural statins from grapefruit more than make up for any potential negative effects on Testosterone production.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ideas on this??
    I doubt it. But I also doubt it being a killer fat burner. Fruit has a lot of sugar in it which is never good for weight loss.
    Toxic Masculinity

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gixxer0.6g View Post
    I doubt it. But I also doubt it being a killer fat burner. Fruit has a lot of sugar in it which is never good for weight loss.
    It's natural sugar, not refined

Anyway, the Grapefruit diet has been around a long time. See here...
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-grapefruit-diet
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For me I find grapefruit is a killer fat burner.
    Ideas on this??
    Placebo effect at its finest. Spend some time in the Nutrition forum and read.

Leave the grapefruit diets to the weekend warriors who read Good Housekeeping.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    isn't grapefruit a Diuretic?
    you may just be losing a little water bloat.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    isn't grapefruit a Diuretic?
    you may just be losing a little water bloat.
    Good point.

It's also acidic and full of fiber. I think alone grapefruit's not all the special, but if you eat it as a normal "good for you" food, it's at least not bad for you.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50) pmartel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Good point.

It's also acidic and full of fiber. I think alone grapefruit's not all the special, but if you eat it as a normal "good for you" food, it's at least not bad for you.
    Couldn't agree more.

Try to eat a 'clean' a diet as possible.

Rarely do I eat out and take my own lunch to work.

It amazes me how many of my co-workers buy lunch at our cafeteria and then they complain about having no money

Couldn't agree more.

It amazes me how many of my co-workers buy lunch at our cafeteria and then they complain about having no money
    I get similar responses from some people I know. They don't understand how I can afford to spend so much money on whole foods, fruits, and organics, imported cheese, and stuff like that...but I just shake my head when they pull out their latest and greatest cell phone as they climb into their new car. LOL

Also, taxation is theft.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Couldn't agree more.

I was one of those guys,
    go out and drop 8-10 bucks every day on something,
    Now my office moved out to our network operations center 20 minutes away from all the resturaunts so I don't have that temptation. I eat better food now actually, better tasting, better for me, and a lot more of it for less money.

thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasale will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I find that eating healthy costs me alot more than junk food but the feeling I get is worth the extra cash...with that said, and not to be a threadjack, I think I'm going to go out and pick a grapefruit for later

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thomasale View Post
    I find that eating healthy costs me alot more than junk food but the feeling I get is worth the extra cash..
    People saying this drives me insane (short drive). I can only guess that people who believe this...can't possibly know how to shop prudently. Taco Bell visit and only .89 per taco. Who can beat that, right? Well, it takes me a minimum of 4 or 5 to even feel half full, so that's almost $5 without including a drink, right? About the same for comparable meals at other fast food joints. Well, I can buy a 3lb rotisserie chicken for $6. Except, I can actually get 3 to 4 meals out of it. Clean food wins.

Chicken, beef, & pork are almost always on sale somewhere, ever day. Quality veggies don't cost ****. It's an easy choice for me.

Off the soapbox......
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    People saying this drives me insane (short drive). I can only guess that people who believe this...can't possibly know how to shop prudently. Taco Bell visit and only .89 per taco. Who can beat that, right? Well, it takes me a minimum of 4 or 5 to even feel half full, so that's almost $5 without including a drink, right? About the same for comparable meals at other fast food joints. Well, I can buy a 3lb rotisserie chicken for $6. Except, I can actually get 3 to 4 meals out of it. Clean food wins.

Chicken, beef, & pork are almost always on sale somewhere, ever day. Quality veggies don't cost ****. It's an easy choice for me.

Off the soapbox......
    Yeah, I don't get that either. I bring my lunch everyday and I'm guessing it costs me less than $1/day. Breakfast is good 'ol oatmeal and that stuff is cheap. Ever see what a box of Frosted Flakes goes for? **** is expensive.

Off the soapbox......
    Knowing how to shop is ESSENTIAL. I'm on a tight budget and on average my food bill is about $80/wk. The clerk is amazed at what I have in my cart.

I do use frozen veggies, but steam them in the microwave.

A friend had suggested I put together a 'how to shop' column. I'm horrified by what I see people buy.

I'm now checking labels for sugar & sodium content. There is NO reason why cheaper No Name brands should have double that of name brand

Originally Posted by phikappa View Post
    Yeah, I don't get that either. I bring my lunch everyday and I'm guessing it costs me less than $1/day. Breakfast is good 'ol oatmeal and that stuff is cheap. Ever see what a box of Frosted Flakes goes for? **** is expensive.
    I'll bet you dont use the premade packets of oatmeal either.

I do old fashioned rolled oats with a bit of generic sweetener and cinnamon with water

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    I'll bet you dont use the premade packets of oatmeal either.
    No I don't. Just a big box of oats.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Ideas on this??
    I don't have any links, or anything to back this up, just anecdotal; I read, quite some time ago, that grapefruit has an above-average (for citrus fruit) amount of Hydroxycitric Acid in it. From what I understand that's a main ingredient in many of the fat-burners on the market today, notably, Hydroxycut.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Off the soapbox......
    Not only cheaper, but it sticks with you a lot longer than the equivalent mass of processed food.

Also, taxation is theft.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well, I love my Grapefruits, but like most things, don't over do them......I eat them mainly when they are in a better season, taste wise.....may have a couple a week for a while and then go weeks without any.....

a healthy food , in any case.....

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by phikappa View Post
    Ever see what a box of Frosted Flakes goes for? **** is expensive.
    Amen, brother! My wife used to buy high-dollar "healthy" breakfast cereals until I pointed out to her that, by the pound, her cereal cost as much as steak.

To the OP, I haven't heard anything about grapefruit messing with testosterone. As far as their value as a food, I think grapefruit is fine as long as it fits within your caloric budget and dosn't blow your macronutrient ratios for the day. If you're worried about the sugar, eat your grapefruit immediately before or after your workouts so that the sugar can either fuel your workout or aid your recovery.

ELew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am doughtfull that this would have an effect on testosterone. I have herd of phytoestrogens in fruit such as grapefruit. Anybody with no sweet clue what this meant (just an assumption) could have seen this and decided to write an article on the topic stating that the phytoestrogens in grapefruit were bad for T production. Not all phytoestrogens are bad and some may even have an estrogen-inhibiting effect.
    There are just to many self-proclaimed experts which is why I am going to let you know that I am no expert but do know to be skeptical about what I read. I also make note of who wrote what I am reading. Magazines write articles loosely based on studies then this information is gets passed around many times untill it ends up on a forum like this.

ELew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    These health foods are probably not that healthy in reality anyway!
    Originally Posted by Stenn View Post
    Amen, brother! My wife used to buy high-dollar "healthy" breakfast cereals until I pointed out to her that, by the pound, her cereal cost as much as steak.

To the OP, I haven't heard anything about grapefruit messing with testosterone. As far as their value as a food, I think grapefruit is fine as long as it fits within your caloric budget and dosn't blow your macronutrient ratios for the day. If you're worried about the sugar, eat your grapefruit immediately before or after your workouts so that the sugar can either fuel your workout or aid your recovery.

Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ursus is right . It is a fatburner. No idea why, just know it works for me. Don't sweat the sugar, sheesh, live a little.

MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Ideas on this??
    Red grapefruit?
    The mind is the only limit. As long as the mind can envision something, you can do it.

ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ibidu1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you have low T to be concerned about it being low? Have you done the blood work to see where your T levels are at?

Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zjunky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    While grapefruit is relatively healthy, people should be careful about drinking grapefruit juice. Yes, ordinarily it is good for you. But studies have shown that grapefruit juice can change the absorbtion rate of some medications. And chances are that most supplement companies haven't done the studies to see if there are interactions with grapefruit juice.

Since a glass of grapefruit juice contains the juice of several grapefruits, eating a single grapefruit is probably fine. Just use moderation.

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Forgive my memory. Back a lot of years ago numbers of Florida senior citizens were overdosing them selves with certain prescription drugs that were taken in the morning. It was discovered that those overdosing had eaten or drank Grapefruit immediately prior to taking the medication. I have forgotten the description of the 'action' but it was something along the idea that when grapefruit was eaten first, it caused some stomach breakdown substance not to be produced. That caused a lessened destruction of the pill, and the pill then worked too well, ie overdosed. Some doctors said stop using grapefruit before taking medications. Other MD's said only take half the medication to get maximum results.

When I accomplished a transformation some 15(?) years ago I had a grapefruit at the start of every meal. What ever supplements I took worked very well.
    Do what's right.

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the grapefruit is ofter touted as a dieuretic and fat burner.. however some people are misconstrueing the grapefruit diet with fat burning.. the GF diet is just that.. a diet.. we are discussing (now_) if gFs are fatburners.
    the fact is that Naringenin is a well known to open up the gut lineing and is often used to supercharge fat burning supplements. its the active substance involved in the fat loss process.. but it does so ingirectly. heres a excerpt from wiki:
    Naringenin
    Systematic (IUPAC) name
    5,7-dihydroxy-2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)chroman-4-one
    Clinical data
    Pregnancy cat.

?
    Legal status

?
    Identifiers
    CAS number

480-41-1

ATC code

None
    PubChem

CID 932
    DrugBank

EXPT02295

UNII

HN5425SBF2

ChEMBL

CHEMBL9352

Chemical data

Formula

C15H12O5

Mol. mass

272.257 g/mol

(what is this?) (verify)

Naringenin is a flavanone, a type of flavonoid, that is considered to have a bioactive effect on human health as antioxidant, free radical scavenger, anti-inflammatory, carbohydrate metabolism promoter, and immune system modulator. It is the predominant flavanone in grapefruit.[1]

[edit] Biological effects

This substance has also been shown to reduce oxidative damage to DNA in vitro. Scientists exposed cells to 80 micromoles of naringenin per liter, for 24 hours, and found that the amount of hydroxyl damage to the DNA was reduced by 24% in that very short period of time.

Naringenin found in grapefruit juice has been shown to have an inhibitory effect on the human cytochrome P450 isoform CYP1A2, which can change pharmacokinetics in a human (or orthologous) host of several popular drugs in an adverse manner, even resulting in carcinogens of otherwise harmless substances.[2]

Naringenin has also been shown to reduce hepatitis C virus production by infected hepatocytes (liver cells) in cell culture. This seem to be secondary to Naringenin ability to inhibit the secretion of very-low-density lipoprotein by the cells.[3] The antiviral effects of naringenin are currently under clinical investigation.[4]

Naringenin seems to protect LDLR-deficient mice from the obesity effects of a high-fat diet.[5]

Naringenin lowers the plasma and hepatic cholesterol concentrations by suppressing HMG-CoA reductase and ACAT in rats fed a high-cholesterol diet.[6]

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Registered User luckydragonherb's Avatar
    luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) luckydragonherb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    grapefruit has like 10 or less carbs per and naturally occuring citrimax or synephrenine..something...There's something in the grapefruit and I'm pretty sure it preserves test and am Positive it prolongs the effect of endorphines and other opiods.

There's a lot of people who think food is mostly just calories, ignoring the different chemical make-up of various plants.

To me that is just too boring.

Naysaying gets you no where.

There IS something in the grapefruits. It make not be completely understood. But there are unique phyto-chemicals found in grapefruits that are not found in say, oranges.