OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Football Lifting/Conditioning

I'm a 15 year old 6'2 230lb OT on my HS team. I started JV last year, and Im determined to start varsity this year. Offseason workouts start today, and I was hoping to go lifting a lot during out time off, but I never got the chance. Sickness, and bronchitis made me miss out on my goal. I havent eaten as well as I should, and I haven't trained as much as I should. I got 8 months, a strong will, and an LA Fitness membership, what do I do to get in shape, build muscle, and start varsity?

Kevin2412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright, I` ll attempt to help you with this routine.

Go Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday with Wednesday being a full conditioning day.

Monday: (Legs)

Back squats - 3X12
    Olympic Front Squats - 3x10
    Power Cleans - 4x4
    One Legged Hamstring Curls - 3X12 (12 reps on each leg x 3 sets)
    Lunges - 3X12 (Do 12 reps per leg on each set x 3 sets)
    One Legged Box squats - 3x12

Tuesday: (Upper Body)

Bench Press - 3x12
    Dead Lift - 3x12
    Dumbbell Incline - 3x10
    Bent over rows - 3x8
    Plyo Pushups - 3x10

Wednesday: (Rest, conditioning)

I don` t know what your limits are or how you push yourself but I` ve been training with sprints on the treadmill at speeds starting at 8 and going through 11 with different intervals. You know how to push yourself, pick the correct training and STAY away from long distance running.

Thursday: (Legs)

Hang Cleans of RACK - 4x4

Friday: (Upper Body)

Incline Press - 3x10
    Dumbbell Bench Press - 3x12
    Skull Crushers - 3x12
    Bicep Curls - 3x12
    Plyo Pushups - 3x10

Alternating reps about every two weeks. For instance, I went from 3x12 - 3x10 - 3x8 - 4x4 which built a very strong foundation

It work` s, believe it but you have to want to do it and execute solid form. LMK if you need to know how to do any of the lifts or any other questions.
    Last edited by Kevin2412; 01-05-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Kyozo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would first like to say being 6' 2'' is a good start.

Second, to reach your goal as a varsity player you must realize to achieve this goal
    it will take repetition and drive, repetition in your workout regiment and the drive to work as hard as possible to be a better player.

Varsity is no cake walk, it will take you staying after school, lifting and running.
    If its one thing I've learned its the players who work their asses off that get noticed.

Being noticed is what you want, and working your ass off will attract attention of the coaches as well as the players.

What you want is Endurance/Strength

Building endurance will help you through those long games and strength will help you destroy the Dline.

Build endurance by at least running 2 miles every week, trust me if anything, being known as the OT that can run is a plus.

Build strength by not doing isolation workouts but a routine that involves many parts of the body.

Upper body and lower body strength are needed if you want to start Varsity.

I suggest doing this

- 2 miles a week - 1 mile tues / 1 mile thurs

- Upper body workouts Mon / Wed

- Lower body workout Fri.

Another piece of advice to you is talk to you OLine coach, learn the plays, do all that good stuff.

A player who knows what he is doing will get more playing time/attention than the ones who dont.

I hope this helps, if you need anymore advice message me and I would be more than happy to talk.

-3 year Varisty starting receiver.

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    coming from a 3 year starter on the oline...

make sure u do more than lifting...
    do a lot of plyo's to make sure u have quick feet
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112546551

That thread has the basic info you need and some great programs you could really get some good out of. Lift hard, Eat a lot, Sleep a ton. If you want to take any supplements a multi-vitamin and whey protein is plenty for you right now.

Originally Posted by Kevin2412 View Post
    Alright, I` ll attempt to help you with this routine.

Go Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday with Wednesday being a full conditioning day.

Monday: (Legs)

Back squats - 3X12
    Power Cleans - 4x4

Tuesday: (Upper Body)

Bench Press - 3x12
    Dead Lift - 3x12
    Dumbbell Incline - 3x10
    Bent over rows - 3x8
    Plyo Pushups - 3x10

Wednesday: (Rest, conditioning)

I don` t know what your limits are or how you push yourself but I` ve been training with sprints on the treadmill at speeds starting at 8 and going through 11 with different intervals. You know how to push yourself, pick the correct training and STAY away from long distance running.

Thursday: (Legs)

Hang Cleans of RACK - 4x4

Friday: (Upper Body)

Incline Press - 3x10
    Dumbbell Bench Press - 3x12
    Skull Crushers - 3x12
    Bicep Curls - 3x12
    Plyo Pushups - 3x10

Alternating reps about every two weeks. For instance, I went from 3x12 - 3x10 - 3x8 - 4x4 which built a very strong foundation

It work` s, believe it but you have to want to do it and execute solid form. LMK if you need to know how to do any of the lifts or any other questions.
    Why are you telling this O-Lineman that he should be benching and squatting 3x12? Do you even realize that he is looking to play better? Don't be giving advice until you at least learn basic muscle fiber types and what rep ranges they are worked in and what one's certain sports will emphasis.

And you are telling him to do some intervals on a treadmill? I don't care what you do, but don't go giving this innocent kid bad advice. He should be focusing on plyometrics, speed drills, and agility drills. Sprints should be no more than 60 meters long for a lineman, for I have never see one even come close to running that far on any play in a game. Do some drills to practice firing out and some that work your footwork. Speed ladders and cones are great for agility and even some speed drills and are reasonably priced.

Originally Posted by Kyozo View Post
    I would first like to say being 6' 2'' is a good start.

Second, to reach your goal as a varsity player you must realize to achieve this goal
    it will take repetition and drive, repetition in your workout regiment and the drive to work as hard as possible to be a better player.

Varsity is no cake walk, it will take you staying after school, lifting and running.
    If its one thing I've learned its the players who work their asses off that get noticed.

Being noticed is what you want, and working your ass off will attract attention of the coaches as well as the players.

What you want is Endurance/Strength

Building endurance will help you through those long games and strength will help you destroy the Dline.

Build endurance by at least running 2 miles every week, trust me if anything, being known as the OT that can run is a plus.

Build strength by not doing isolation workouts but a routine that involves many parts of the body.

Upper body and lower body strength are needed if you want to start Varsity.

I suggest doing this

- 2 miles a week - 1 mile tues / 1 mile thurs

- Upper body workouts Mon / Wed

- Lower body workout Fri.

Another piece of advice to you is talk to you OLine coach, learn the plays, do all that good stuff.

A player who knows what he is doing will get more playing time/attention than the ones who dont.

I hope this helps, if you need anymore advice message me and I would be more than happy to talk.

-3 year Varisty starting receiver.
    He does not want Endurance/Strength. He is a lineman for God's sake!!! He isn't running a 5k or playing a game of basketball, he's trying to make a great block for his runningbacks and protecting his qb like his life depends on it. Why would you EVER tell a lineman of all positions he wants to work on endurance anything. You say he needs to work on it for later in the game...that is what speed/agility/plyo work is for. If on a solid routine both in the weight room and on the field he will not need to go for 1-2 miles runs. Football has frequent breaks and then a few moments of all out effort, why oh God why would he want to be running 2 miles when he could be doing 40 yard ladders?

People need to learn before they start spitting out bad advice.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf The Grey

Kyozo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He said he was determined to become Varsity so I told him what he should do, there is nothing wrong with running 2 miles a week.

If he cant run 2 miles run 1 mile, long distance running is only positive.

Hell in my school we ran 2 mile warm ups before practice everyday.

studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    step 1: Don't go to LA fitness

STEP 2-5: See step #1

You can't do what you need to do at LA Fitness in order to put on size that will be beneficial to your sport.

If you do a power clean they will kick you right out the door.

If you drop a dumbell they will kick you right out the door.

If you squeek (spelling) or yell they will kick you right out the door.

If you look like you are going to do something ATHLETIC and meaning full............they will kick you right out the door.

Find a better gym!

Kalnas
    www.studlete.com
    www.strengthathletes.com

"Preperation predicts outcome" -Jon Kalnas

Kevin2412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Vermonta View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112546551

That thread has the basic info you need and some great programs you could really get some good out of. Lift hard, Eat a lot, Sleep a ton. If you want to take any supplements a multi-vitamin and whey protein is plenty for you right now.

Why are you telling this O-Lineman that he should be benching and squatting 3x12? Do you even realize that he is looking to play better? Don't be giving advice until you at least learn basic muscle fiber types and what rep ranges they are worked in and what one's certain sports will emphasis.

And you are telling him to do some intervals on a treadmill? I don't care what you do, but don't go giving this innocent kid bad advice. He should be focusing on plyometrics, speed drills, and agility drills. Sprints should be no more than 60 meters long for a lineman, for I have never see one even come close to running that far on any play in a game. Do some drills to practice firing out and some that work your footwork. Speed ladders and cones are great for agility and even some speed drills and are reasonably priced.

He does not want Endurance/Strength. He is a lineman for God's sake!!! He isn't running a 5k or playing a game of basketball, he's trying to make a great block for his runningbacks and protecting his qb like his life depends on it. Why would you EVER tell a lineman of all positions he wants to work on endurance anything. You say he needs to work on it for later in the game...that is what speed/agility/plyo work is for. If on a solid routine both in the weight room and on the field he will not need to go for 1-2 miles runs. Football has frequent breaks and then a few moments of all out effort, why oh God why would he want to be running 2 miles when he could be doing 40 yard ladders?

People need to learn before they start spitting out bad advice.
    Ok all-star! Your advice is critiquing some one else` s. Here kid, go start doing 4x4 because you` re muscle` s are definitely ready for power lifting. I` m sure he` s ready for plyo training when he` s never done any sprints or any form HI training. You` re 17 and im sure you were the most successful, hardworking, and diligent teen to ever step on a football field. I can definitely tell your widely recruited.

Listen, BRO what I` ve accomplished in the weight room was the sole reason for my success on the field as a junior. I` m not going to boast on the internet for what I achieved because someone TYPING something on this forum is as good as anything babe.

Again, kid do exactly what I told you and tell me what results you see.

Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kevin2412 View Post
    Ok all-star! Your advice is critiquing some one else` s. Here kid, go start doing 4x4 because you` re muscle` s are definitely ready for power lifting. I` m sure he` s ready for plyo training when he` s never done any sprints or any form HI training. You` re 17 and im sure you were the most successful, hardworking, and diligent teen to ever step on a football field. I can definitely tell your widely recruited.

Listen, BRO what I` ve accomplished in the weight room was the sole reason for my success on the field as a junior. I` m not going to boast on the internet for what I achieved because someone TYPING something on this forum is as good as anything babe.

Again, kid do exactly what I told you and tell me what results you see.
    It's not one's muscles that are in danger from heavy lifting it's primarily their bones/growth plates and with proper form, nutrition, and rest someone in highschool can and certainly should start lifting like a football player.

You're 16 and giving me **** about being 17. Lost me.

Never claimed to be an all-american, but I'm pretty sure Mark Rippetoe doesn't bench 600 pounds or looks like a pro bodybuilder so I'm sure he must know nothing.

What works for you may not work for another which is why I'm telling him to do what has work for MANY, again, MANY people not just myself (as you are doing). Yes he would probably make gains on what you said and besides for completely wrong rep selection it wasn't a terrible routine, but my money is on Bill Starr, Mark Rippetoe, Joe Defranco, and guys who do this for a living over Joe Shmoe (you).

Sorry you're such a little hot head, babe, but you're gonna have to calm down. And don't send me any petty pm's anymore about how you're on the rag.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf The Grey

The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Bill Starr's/Madcow's 5x5 program
    and maybe PM FullBack7 for some plyometric advice lol
    damn, strong jeaolusy @ 6'2"
    edit: lmfao, strong ignorance @ telling vermonta he dont know whut hes talkin bout
    Last edited by The_LB_43; 01-05-2009 at 08:01 PM.
    I rep U.S. Marines on sight.

9/26 - 165lb, 245 bench, 345 squat, 430 deadlift ,205 powerclean, 4.75 40, Must haz moar speedz and x-plosion :(

5'6" and completly flat-footed with almost 0% arch
    Rugby right now...hopefully can be a runningback next year for football
    Everyone wants to fight until they get punched in the mouth
    Negged because I refused to nuthug a cocky f*ggot

dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wouldn't agility drills help a 15 yr old OT more than plyometrics?
    http://voidempathy.blogspot.com/
    It has words and stuff

jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) jensen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dgcoats View Post
    Wouldn't agility drills help a 15 yr old OT more than plyometrics?
    he should do both

Originally Posted by jensen View Post
    he should do both
    Right answer.

OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OLinePride93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

I went to the first offseason workout yesterday, and its mostly the same stuff as last year, which didnt help me much. It consists of 6 main lifts (bench, squat, hang clean, incline bench, jammer), first 2 weeks is 3 sets of 10, then 5/3/1, 5/5/5, 3/3/3, etc.

I was never much of a fan of switching rep schemes every week. I always felt it was too hard to be consistant and harder to see if you're making progress.

vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OLinePride93 View Post
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

I went to the first offseason workout yesterday, and its mostly the same stuff as last year, which didnt help me much. It consists of 6 main lifts (bench, squat, hang clean, incline bench, jammer), first 2 weeks is 3 sets of 10, then 5/3/1, 5/5/5, 3/3/3, etc.
    Those are all exercises you should have in your routine plus a few more. I would add in some good core work (lower back + abs) add in some deads, plyometrics, and some agility/linemen drills and you are set.

edit: And of course add in some good sprints/conditioning. Best conditioning drill is running the full field (i don't care what position you play university level ball does this).

What you do is start by running the full length of the feild 4 times, with 45 seconds of rest in between, and you must run the full feild in less that 16 seconds (you can lower it if you need to). I would do this 2 - 3 times a week, every week adding in 1 more sprint till you hit the point where your able to do 16 sprints like that.
    Man on a mission

Infantry stylin on ya sIghtLines's Avatar
    sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sIghtLines is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dennis71 View Post
    coming from a 3 year starter on the oline...

make sure u do more than lifting...
    do a lot of plyo's to make sure u have quick feet
    to jump on this as well, do jump rope. A couple OL guys that I know say they do it daily.
    US Army Infantry Veteran
    Follow me

***Chicago Crew***

dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jensen View Post
    he should do both
    I asked because I thought the rule of the thumb was no plyos until one can squat 1.5x one's bw (I say this assuming the op's sickness and poor eating habits kept him squatting <345). While we're on the subject, is the 1.5 squat rule broscience or is there actual research/anecdotal evidence supporting it?
    It has words and stuff

The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    broscience from my coach said you were doing good when you benched 1.5x., squated 2, and deaded 2 and some change
    but those are just kind of estimated watermarks

9/26 - 165lb, 245 bench, 345 squat, 430 deadlift ,205 powerclean, 4.75 40, Must haz moar speedz and x-plosion :(

Weird, in high school we had pretty much the exact same measuring template.
    It has words and stuff

haha cool it must have more than broscience behind it then

but of course those are the min.
    always better to get above those weights =)

What are some conditioning drills I should do? Last year we did the same thing for all positions, which I think was stupid, because there is no way a lineman is going to run more than 15 yards on a play, but we did all the stuff DBacks did.

johnmaha31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnmaha31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnmaha31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnmaha31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnmaha31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnmaha31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnmaha31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnmaha31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnmaha31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://fortismag.com/foundationtrainingprogram.html
    http://fortismag.com/singledoubletripleprogram.html
    http://fortismag.com/thebear.html
    ^------Here are some options for lifting

http://fortismag.com/agilitycardioplyometrics.html http://fortismag.com/jump2a.html
    http://fortismag.com/jump24a.html
    http://fortismag.com/jump24b.html
    ^-------Good for conditioning

I hope these give you some good ideas, I would recommend starting with the foundation program (the top one) do the for 5 weeks. Take a week off then do the single-double-triple(second one) program for 4-5weeks. And choose 2 of the conditioning workouts each week.

Let me know if you have any questions
    Good luck and train hard

Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sIghtLines View Post
    to jump on this as well, do jump rope. A couple OL guys that I know say they do it daily.
    dang dude like 2 days ago yur rep power was like.....8

but yeah, jumproping is something i did everyday during the summer as an offensive linemen......

its really great, helps u develope hand eye coord, and gives u quicker feet
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10) naamandt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OLinePride93 View Post
    What are some conditioning drills I should do? Last year we did the same thing for all positions, which I think was stupid, because there is no way a lineman is going to run more than 15 yards on a play, but we did all the stuff DBacks did.
    The lineman at my highschool would run about 20 40s on monday and wensday and run 8-10 200s on tuesdays and thursday....i know its not the best but it worked for me

and in my college we run hills like 10-20 and the hills are about 15 yards

holy **** sightlines did u get mod repped ? lol
    but i agree with OP , oline should not really run sprints of longer than about 25yd for practical speed
    and for conditioning no longer than about 70
    its all about agility/foot speed and lower body power anyway

Originally Posted by The_LB_43 View Post
    holy **** sightlines did u get mod repped ? lol
    but i agree with OP , oline should not really run sprints of longer than about 25yd for practical speed
    and for conditioning no longer than about 70
    its all about agility/foot speed and lower body power anyway
    lol, i know he was at like 8 rep power like 3 days ago....
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

lol yea share the love brah! (no homo)