Since there's no real rules sticky per se here, I decided to borrow from Pogue's in the misc . Please read through these rules carefully before posting. If you have any questions about them, please PM(private message) a moderator
1) Do not attempt to start flamewars (ie: no baiting). Posts that are irrelevant, insulting, or simply stupid that are posted in an attempt to start flamewars, increase post count or generally cause aggrevation will be closed or deleted. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a ban. This includes thigns such as "all powerlifters are fat" and any other ignorant comments/threads that we see in here once in awhile.
2) Do not be a post whore. This essentially means that we do not want members to post simply for the sake of increasing their post count. Here is a general definition of a post whore Definition by dioThis behavior will be dealt with on a post-by-post and user-by-user basis. Please DO NOT REPORT post whoring. If we continously see post whoring, it will be dealt with by deleting the majority of the users posts (to lower post count) along with a warning. If the actions continue, it can be a bannable offense.Post whore - Many bumpers evolve into the much dreaded post whore, whose only purpose it seems is to accumulate posts. With such gems of wisdom as "I agree," "me too" and "I heard that somewhere," the post whore manages to accumulate 1000s of posts without ever really saying anything.
3) Be respectful of women. Please do not refer to women as bitches, whores, hoes, sluts, skanks, etc. These are offensive terms and threads containing these terms (in reference to women) will be edited, closed or deleted. Repeated warnings will result in a ban. You all should realize by now I *DO* enforce this
4) Trolling will not be tolerated. Trolling (posting bull****, nonsense, or attention getting threads) with false accounts, with the intention of disrupting this forum, causing harm, or aggrevation of the members of the mods will get you banned. If you continue to reregister accounts, we will report you to your ISP for spamming & violation of their terms of service and have your account canceled.
5) Posting SICK or DISGUSTING pictures/movies/websites will result in AUTOMATIC BAN! Pictures of tubgirl, goatse.cz, etc will result in an IMMEDIATE ban. This includes images of death, gore, sexual pictures, or anything just obsene or gross. THIS INCLUDES THE PICTURE OF THE SQUATTING WEIGHTLIFTER WITH THE BLOWN OUT ASS!!!
6) Keep signatures SHORT. We are all sick & tired of seeing members with page long signatures. The first time, we will simply ask you to change it, if you don't cooperate you will be banned. Just keep your signature less than 10 lines or so and you should be fine.
7) There is no advertising allowed on the forum, and posting links to outside vendors is not allowed. You are welcome to post links to the cyberstore within the site, but we do not allow discussion of other supplement store sites for obvious reasons. Although you are welcome to discuss any manufacturer�s products, you may not publicly display other places to purchase these products. Other unrelated advertising is not allowed, but you may PM a mod if you wish to post a link to your website in the misc forum. We do not allow links to online auctions or to advertise to other members if you are trying to sell your supplements or other products. This includes ebay auctions, online stores, personal forums, etc.
8) Be respectful of the other members. Racism, bigotry & sexism will not be tolerated. We do allow frank discussion with the other members, and like to have a laugh, but some things are not appropriate. Repeatedly flaming, insulting and attempting to cause fights with other members will not be allowed and can result in a ban. Please be respectful to the board, the members and moderators. If you have a problem with another board member, please PM a moderator about it.
9) Please read the stickies before posting a basic question, as most of it is covered in there.
10) Moderators decisions are final. Our moderators are all unpaid volunteers who are looking out for the best interests of our members. We want to help each and every member get the best experience possible on our board, but there will always be individuals who choose to break the rules and be banned. THERE IS NO PUBLIC DISCUSSION ON THIS. If you have a problem with a decision a moderator makes, please PM (private message) them and discuss with them the issue. We will be glad to discuss it with you there, but starting threads about it is not allowed. These threads will be closed or deleted.
11) Do not cross post. There are many catagories in this forum, which should have subjects pertaining to them. Please make sure you are posting your thread in the correct section. For misc topics, go to the misc section. DO NOT post your question in more than one forum. Multiple threads will be closed or deleted.
12) No posts about RACE. We do not allow posts asking about preferences or functions of various races, ethnicities or creeds. This always end up turning bad and will be closed or deleted.
13) Do not register multiple usernames. This is self explanitory. If you are caught using multiple usernames, your accounts will be banned, and if you reregister you will be IP banned and your ISP will be contacted to report abuse.
14) Do not place "Banned" under your username. This is annoying and we have enough to worry about having to deal without this nonsense. If you place the word "Banned" under your username, expect to become banned.
15) Only report posts that need to be reported. This means messages that are spam, advertisements, violations of these rules and problematic harrasement posts.
By being a registered user on the bodybuilding.com forums, you agree to these rules. These rules can change any time, without notice. These rules apply in this section of the forum, as well as all other forum catagories.
Repeated warnings of any of violations of any of these rules can result in a ban. Please use the "Report this Post to a Moderator" function if you see anyone violating these rules, or find an offensive post.
Above all, we want you to have a pleasant experience on bodybuilding.com so you can learn how to achieve your fitness goals. If you have a question about any of these rules, please PM a moderator.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
01-08-2005, 01:28 AM #1
- Join Date: Jun 2002
- Location: Indiana, United States
- Age: 33
- Posts: 40,807
- Rep Power: 117299
Forum Rules and FAQ'sSheepdog #28
01-03-2009, 01:19 AM #2
New Rules; Please Read Before Posting
Two new rules that are aimed to clean up this section.
1) No threads that are basically vids of strangers using poor form, with the resulting posts making fun of these people. Yeah, it is sorta funny, but it takes away from the seriousness and purpose of the forum and turns it into a laughing stock.
2) No calling people out--"post a vid because I don't believe your stats"-- threads. All that happens are a bunch of e-fights.
Any threads like this will be deleted.
Originally posted by RipStone
01-03-2009, 01:42 AM #3
01-03-2009, 01:47 AM #4
Simple solution: Mass PM. Bulky, and many moderators never respond, yet can be a decent way to let everyone know that they are not reading reports.
To mass PM, just cut and paste the following into the address bar of the PM:
iron619; Arlecchino; INGENIUM; iKermit; scott_donald
Into a second PM:
RipStone; fitnessman; bigpoppaproppy; jkeithc82; ctgblue;
Titania; MsFit; sawastea; Chi_town;
derekmac is not listed, as he will not accept PM's.
Now, should you wish to contact any of them individually, I have included PM links and e-mail links (whenever possible) for each of them. I have also listed their profile info and direct link to comment in their bodyspace (warning - people have been banned for posting rude comments in bodyspace, so if you feel the need to comment, be an adult).
Note: E-mail and PM's turned off.
iron619 : PM: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/privat...=newpm&u=33774
Scott Donald: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/privat...=newpm&u=17881
Note: Each bodyspace link is for comment. Last resort only. You have been warned.
01-05-2009, 01:05 AM #5
Forum Specific Rules
Do not start a new thread for every single lift. That is what journals are for. Abuse of this section will get you banned. It is not a place to advertise or spam. Keep your threads to a minimum. It took Iron619 a few months to get this place approved and implemented.