Carter2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine, as a nooblet

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catcrea.htm

Right now I'm looking for a way to get bigger. I've been reading through the website, and I'm amazed at how in depth the articles are. I read through one of big cats articles about creatine (the one mentioned above), how it changed the supplement industry, how to use it, etc. When I read the how to part, I gained a newfound faith in creatine. Kids at my school use it some, and I saw really no gains from them. But then after reading that article, I was blown away by how terribly wrong they were using it. No loading, measuring, no insulin spike producing drink, mixing it and letting it sit for a whole hour, etc. Now I know why they didn't see any real gains. I've read over that article no telling how many times. I'm asking for help. After reading that, I'm really thinking of getting some creatine to hopefully get bigger with, but I'm still very confused on the how to part of it.

When it talks about the loading, do I use 20-25 grams alltogether those 6 days ? Or 20-25 each day?

It mentioned the 3x7: is that 3 doses of 7 grams during the loading phase? To equal just shy over the stated 20 (to 25) grams?

How much grape juice should I take with my first dosage, then the 20, 30, and 40 minute intervals after I ingest? Is the Insulin spike drink stuff, really as effective as the article claims?

When I'm not loading, do I still do 3 doses daily of 7-10? The article said something of how it stabilizes homeostasis.

Whether I do a 2 doses daily, or 3 doses daily, is it better to do one of those before my workout, or after? And if I was doing a 7gram pre or post workout dose, could I not just split it: do a 3.5gram dose preworkout, and then a 3.5gram dose postworkout?

How long ahead of a workout should a preworkout dose be taken? What about a postworkout, how long after?

Please forgive me for all my questions. I'm just really new to this stuff. I'm a veteran at it, but not the right way, instead I know all the wrong ways like all the guys at my school constantly do. I'm just looking for some help, and this seems to be one of the most knowledgeable and thorough forums on this stuff. I really do hate to burden you guys with all these dam questions, but your intelligence has brought it upon you . If you could please straighten me out here, you don't know how much I'd appreciate the help. I'm sure you guys get plenty of questions asked daily, but it would greatly help my understanding of this subject.

I read through the creatine articles and what not, the best of sticky, but didn't find as in-depth stuff I was looking for.

thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    loading with mono is a good idea

space it out over a week, like 5x5g servings, or 3x7g gram servings a day

take it whenever
    however post workout with an insulin spike is "optimal"
    just guesing, but 8oz grape juice would be enough, thats like 25g carbs?
    more would be better IMO

and after loading, 1 5g serving is fine
    2x2-3 gram servings works good too
    Current Goal (Sept 14th)
    Weight 185 200
    Bench 295 315
    Squat 405x2 455
    Dead 405x5 455x5
    Dead 455x1 500x1
    Row 205x5 225x10
    Clean 255 275

Owe reps:
    JC_Strongman, SkinnyPastyNerd, 9chimaira0x, ben_DL, JohnathanTa, wygdwicfy
    Negs 4 life:
    IronMau5

goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenarms has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    pretty new to it myself, but loading isnt necessary, so save yourself that trouble. Like above poster said, 3-6 grams daily for pre/post workout (or both, just divide equally) should be fine.
    All natural.

Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    keep it simple.
    and you dont need creatine when your just starting out, sups are jsut sups
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Iodine is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Today was my second day on Prolab CreaPure creatine monohydrate. CreaPure creatine monohydrate is the highest quality creatine monohydrate you can get because it's tested for its purity and potency. If a creatine monohydrate does not have the CreaPure label on it, it means that it's not pure creatine monohydrate.

Anyway, if you do enough research you'll find out that loading creatine is unnecessary. I myself thought it would be wiser not to load. This is for a couple of reasons. First of all, loading just doesn't seem to healthy. What if you don't react well to creatine? Don't you think starting off with the maintenance dose of 5 grams a day would be wiser? Second of all, I'm not in a rush to see results. They will come soon enough.

When somebody loads the purpose is to fully saturate the muscles with creatine faster. This means results will come faster. If however you take the maintenance dose of 5 grams a day it will take longer to saturate the muscles however, it will only take 2-4 weeks. If I were you I would just take 5 grams a day for 3 weeks. Then I'd only take 5 grams post workout 4 days a week.

FYI: Most people take more creatine than they need to. Read this, trust me it will be worth your time. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3319711

subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50) subieshane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    somebody should make a creatine sticky... oh wait.
    The Dream Aint Ova

SubieShane is Big Nasty

powerlifting is an excuse to be fat.

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    CreaPure creatine monohydrate is the highest quality creatine monohydrate you can get because it's tested for its purity and potency. If a creatine monohydrate does not have the CreaPure label on it, it means that it's not pure creatine monohydrate.
    The fuck?

Carter2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I READ the sticky, but it wasn't really in depth as I my questions are.

And was that a ****ing commerical he just posted? Wtf

So could I just do 3 doses daily, as morning, post workout, bed?

And as Goldenarms commented on, it is ok to split a dose for a pre AND post workout dose? Any Benefits to that compared to just doing post (or pre) workout?

Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Samkon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Creatine doesnt do much. It really didnt change the industry. I have been off and on and my lifts dont go up slower or down faster. I think it might be just recovery and some added muscle but creatine is not the shiznit. Just another supps. All the supps in my sig maybe help me at a max of 10%.

Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brink28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Samkon View Post
    Creatine doesnt do much. It really didnt change the industry. I have been off and on and my lifts dont go up slower or down faster. I think it might be just recovery and some added muscle but creatine is not the shiznit. Just another supps. All the supps in my sig maybe help me at a max of 10%.
    Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean everyone else will have the same results.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You definitely don't need creatine when you're starting off. With a good diet and workout you will notice DRAMATIC changes regardless of extra supplementation. Also, do NOT creatine load. Look, some people support it, but especially when you're still only 17 it's not worth it. Creatine is produced naturally in the body and a. there is very little research into the long term effects of creatine loading in teens (sure, it's probably harmless, but better safe than sorry) and b. Studies show that while people who creatine load have better results for the first few weeks, people who just take 3-6 grams a day catch up to them after those first few weeks and are then equal.

If you want to take it, don't load. But really, you don't need to. I tried it at 15 and just took half a teaspoon a day and that made a dramatic difference.